Feedback Release 186 - Hotfix

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Mar 28, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Dear heroes of Dracania,

We implemented a patch (Release 186 #Hotfix) for the enchantment transfer feature. The result of the patch is “When using a low level legendary, the enchantment do NOT get scaled up to the level of the unique automatically anymore. Rather, they should be an exact copy.”

Presently, the team is debating whether or not to apply a patch to adjust the enchantments on items which have been affected. This means that players who have either benefited or lost enchantment values from this unintended result will not have their items adjusted when this patch is released, and we may not do anything at all about those items if it is not deemed necessary. The reasoning behind this is that fixing affected items will take development time away from all of the other fixes, features, and patches that come down the road. Since this isn’t a very simple thing for us to fix, we need to see whether or not the amount of time needed to fix this issue is important enough to delay other features and bugfixes.

Tell us your thoughts about this situation in a concrete way.

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.

If you are unsure what sort of feedback is being asked for, please read this thread.

Any off-topic posts/pointless rants will be deleted.

Best regards,

Your Drakensang Online Team

Special note: Big Point is particularly interested in your views re. this topic.

2. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

First of all i have to say that for the other users that haven't benefited from this, is not fair, BUT, let me tell all the team that this is not a bug, but a miscalculation. You didn't even think about this (what will happen if the ench from the 50 go to the 55). Currently i couldn't even test it due to the increased difficulties of the Q's. Your main concern should be what could you do about the players that can't go to fatal anymore and not a miscalculation of your team. New players can't get a decent equipment from the Q anymore.. Focus on that. ;)

P.S The quality check of the team is not enough. One way to fix it? Give users at the test server access to the shop for free. For example free uniques and crafting materials ;) I have been way too long at the online gaming (since 2005) to know how to deal with bugs.

3. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I'm still months away from any unique crafting so I'm not really bothered by any of this. My opinion in regards to those that already have some of these crafted items is just leave them alone.

After all this whole mess is the devs fault not the players. Rushing to develop an expansion in secret; whole thing appears to be cobbed together without much testing; little to no thought given to the implications of the changes; once released zero communication with players about new content and mechanics... yada, yada, yada

The lack of communication is still a problem since I have no idea what has been changed to prevent me (or anyone else) from crafting similar items in the future. I can still see a way to make an item nearly as good as what I have seen so far. The only difference is that the final transferred stats will be level 54 instead of 55 and it will take more time/resources... big deal.
    This is the most common sense I have heard for a while. Forget about this non-issue and move on to make the game playable and enjoyable again.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

iNeXoRaBlE likes this.
  4. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Guys, you either apply it to everything, descale those crafted/rollback/refund/whatever or let others do it too. The way you did it is not acceptable.

I would prefer you letting others do it, but limit to lvl50+

5. Gevilson

Gevilson Active Author

It is simple. They messed up, they fix their mess. That should be top priority already. Preventing the items from scaling is just a half fix if they know that many items have already been scaled. Letting players walk around with pre-fix stats is just leaving their own mistake out there rather than completely cleaning it - a stain in the game that will stay for a long time, showing nothing but their incompetence and inability to deal with their mistakes in a fair way for everyone. It doesn't have to be the player base paying the price for all the mistakes, you know? Specially when nobody knew their plans, or what enchants we could get or what other reworked uniques would be available to craft down the road. They're punishing those who waited for them to finish and polish their own secret expansion.

And now they come to ask us if they should fix their own mess or move on to make some more? Players start getting fed up, so better start showing some respect. Let this be a lesson, take all the time needed to fix this issue, and every other one you will make in the future. Takes too much from developing other features? Too bad, plan better next time. Test better before. Not only the players have to be punished for YOUR mistakes.

Oh, and we still don't forget the sapphire conversion. Don't let this little issue prevent you from bringing us other possibilities to convert. See what has started already? A bunch of little issues that you're just postponing for new features, but then you keep on making more little mistakes that only affect the players.

6. Teleportist

Teleportist Advanced

When the update came with this feature I considered it was intentional, to allow those who had expended considerable resources to craft legendary items a way to update them, so they can then glyph them form lv55 to 60. Otherwise all their previous time and effort would be wasted right? Well unfortunately this has proved to be an error, and whilst I wish I could have taken advantage of it, I didn't have enough fragments to buy the Q7 weapon to transfer my legendary staff on to.

My view is that if you can't offer something to everyone then it simply isn't fair. Therefore please either reinstate this feature (my preference) or, yes, lower the stats of already crafted items back to lv50, or give everyone else a 'token/voucher' in order to do this for one of their items when they're able to buy an appropriate unique.

Thanks

7. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

If you are barring the item in the future, you need to remove previously created items of that type. So these uniques created with low level legendary items that have been scaled to level 55, etc, need to be eliminated from the game.

I don't like the existence of these overpowered but no longer available items as they are a good reason to leave the game.

8. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

I think you should scale the enchants of one item if the lvl of this item is within +-10 lvls of the item with the highest lvl on the worbench. Is it a good compromise ?

Alex_Thor likes this.
  9. Arx_X

Arx_X Advanced

Luck is part of the game.. some decisions (i won't call them exploits at this point) should get some players an advantage but getting a gold line from a lvl 5 item and having it scaled to 55 is a big thing imo.
    on the other hand , i don't think there have been many that were able to use the new crafting system in such a mass to actually make a difference (do prove me wrong if you have solid proof)

Either way, there will always be winners and losers, but i think the suggestion of letting everyone do it with items 50+ is the most sane one, even if 50+ items don't have old stats anymore.

10. MikeyMetro

Lolz, some of y'all just don't get it. The only thing that was done here was to prevent the core crafting from causing the stat upgrade. The items that players already have are essentially still obtainable by everyone. The difference between the stats achievable then and now is negligible.

I wasted about 100 gold and some badges for #3,#4 slot blanks and tested* a bunch of items in my inventory to verify this. If the min required level of a legend ingredient for core crafting is lvl 51... no sweat; I can make that from anything (although I will likely keep crafting that item to lvl54 before core crafting... Like I'm ever gonna actually get a lvl 55 T4 unique to do this :rolleyes:)

Take a 4x CHR lines for example. The potential CHR benefit players who already did unique crafting amounts to about 0.30% greater CHR chance (some real quick head math for this number) than what I can still make right now with the items I have in my inventory.

If y'all need me to make a tutorial on how basic crafting works to get the items needed for core crafting... well, nvm, cuz I ain't gonna do it :p

I really have no idea why the devs are making this an issue other than to keep us all distracted from the things that need done that really matter. They closed down the loophole to shortcut the process... good enuf by me. Nothing ever comes easy for me anyway :D

So a handful of player have some nice items months before I can get them. What else is new :(

As I said... non-issue, move on.

Luck be with,
    Mikey,
    Tegan
    //edit// *this was a real bummer at one point. Had 2 lvl50 blue belts each with a 249 CHR line. The craft was almost successful. The CHR lines transferred and increased as the result was a lvl 51 exo. But the random stat lines from the lvl 52 #3/4 items did not transfer. Revert. Oh well it was just a test anyway :cool:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  11. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I thought part of what was happening was that people were backing out the glyphs on their 4x crit low level legendaries, crafting those into their corresponding tier III or tier IV item, and getting scaled up level 55 stats (4x 500+ crit lines, etc). As well as with level 50 lines that no longer drop and getting scaled up level 55 lines.

Could someone post an example of the more extreme items that were created?

^Alexdragon^ likes this.
  12. ^Alexdragon^

^Alexdragon^ Forum Apprentice

no i'm sorry but is different Mikey. Example a gold line on a 50 weapon is 1600 chr, on 55 it become 2100, add ICHR%, rings, amulet, other .... advantage is too much and also u are not considering that EVERYTHING that is not possible to others anymore is NOT FAIR, so, given that is BP error, they have to fix it using their moneys to hire more programmers to develop the game and to fix this issue in the same time. Ah, i forgot all players who know this "issue" and farmed low level items to craft in uniques......

13. MikeyMetro

Yes, that was the issue. The core crafting was causing that stat lines to upgrade to lvl 55. That loophole is now closed.

But you can still take that old item, keep recrafting it with lvl 55 items in the #3/#4 slots of theworkbench and increasing the stat lines accordingly to a max potential of lvl 54. Then do the core crafting and, viola, you have an item that is, for all practical purposes, as good as what players got before this hotfix.

Even though my main is only lvl 52 I have already started this process on some items. Primarily to get the random base lines on some of my old lvl50 gear. But the old gold lines have increased in value sine the new resulting items are lvl 51.

{{sigh}} Yes, everything IS still possible. Just gonna take longer. You want CHR lines... OK... there are still maps that have items with these available. Just gotta be creative that all.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

14. ^Alexdragon^

yes was excatly this that has happened! Also for Dwarfs weapon DMG fixed line it brigs them to easily got 15k ++ dmg

15. ^Alexdragon^

if this thing is still doable on legendaries it is not good and i think they forgot to fix it also together with leg->unique, substancially all X level stat have to stay to that X level, never increase

16. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

I don't care about people who have already used this to get a good item. Not my concern. What I am concerned is this:

With this change, if I have a lower level item, let's say a legendary item of level 50 that I have spent so much time to find and craft and ended up with a great item at level 50. Now, I want to transfer this to a level 55 unique.

The problem is that if I craft this into the unique, I only get level 50 stats. Which is not fair because I cannot now even upgrade the crafted unique to its full potential.

What should happen is that instead the resulting item being marked as 55, it should be marked as 50. This way, it can be upgraded.

For the full potential, the players should be able to:
    1. Re-craft their old legendary level 50 items with new level 55 items to first get a level 54 item (as it will never produce a level 55)
    2. Use unique transfer crafting with a level 55 unique to get a unique 54 item with 54 stats and now they should be able to upgrade it to level 60 when they have the required glyphs.

So in summary, what should happen is that the unique should be downgraded into the legendary items level.

17. MikeyMetro

You can do this right now ;) I suspect that many here have been at level 50 since craft 2.0 was introduced and have not done any lower level crafting and watched the stats go up as levels go up. This is a fundamental mechanic of C-2.0

This is the basis for my saying nothing further should be done with this issue. The only thing that has really happened here is that some players got a nice item way before I will. Wow, If that is the logic for nerfing players efforts then all the top players in the game need to be nerfed down to my builds :D

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

18. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

Another thread similar with the one where they ask our opinion about sapphire rafine sistem.(i hope this one will be solved faster)
    I think our opinion is simple- most of us did not have the time to farm all we need to transfer the enchantments, so you sould let us do that or you should cut the value from crafted ones.

In my opinion this problem, the one with sapphires and the montly events uniques with no base should be on the top of BP list.

Maybe you should let us all do that crafting only limited from 50+ to 55 and give us that extra on enchantments it could be a nice reason for all players that make low lv pvp to grow and for all players that cry about messing the items and the gems and.... to forgive you for all the bugs and server problems.

First solution is from Trakilaki on an old post:
    "1. Put cap limit - only level 50+ items can be crafted with unique items.
    ""In order to use Pristine or Souls transfer crafting you have to be level 55 ... because those fragments are dropping only in infernal difficulty ... which is available only to level 55 players. But they made Pristine and Soul Cores available in the shop and any twink can buy them :D
    Just remove them from everywhere for players lower than level 55 ... and the problem is solved.""

Indeed why you put them on sale for everyone if you have block the acces on infernal for players lower than 55.
    2. But again this is simple - Just remove the npc from city and put him inside the infernal map where only lev 55 can enter.
    Also make the fragments stack more than 10k to 100k.

The problem with this solution is that at lev 60 if you transfer the enchantments from rank 4 lev55 unique on rank 5 level 60 unique if they scale again then you will have a problem so for this you should block the unique to uniques transfer only for the same level diferent ranks uniques or at level 60 to change the crafting method to eliminate this scale sistem from crafting.

Second solution is to fix the crafted items on normal values so that we can have a faire game for everyone.

Also if BP want to get ride of bugs they should put the TS server on the client list and let us copy our characters there for testing, they can olso ofer us some crafting materials and other stuff for testing and some prize (optional some TCG costume) for the bugs that we find and put on youtube.After each year they should delete all copy characters mantaining only admins and developers ones.

19. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

And this is one of the most counter intuitive system I've ever seen in 25 or more years that I'm playing video games which is 100% WRONG for any game.

Anyway, back on topic, the correct thing to do would be a rollback but when the other option is that we will have to wait months and months to have the pristine core transfer also on other event uniques... who cares?
    I don't care, at least.

Guys, they aren't asking for a solution on the problem, the problem has already been fixed (to their minds).
    They JUST want to know if the items crafter BEFORE the fix should be reverted/adjust second the actual standards or not.

IMHO they should do a rollback (give back original materials and original items) and NOT simply an adjustment (that would force ppl to accept an item they would probably NOT have crafted) resulting into a punishment instead of a "fix".

20. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Mikey ...it is not like you think :p
    You will never catch up with those items anymore.

This is what the stats look like at level 55 (left - before the patch ...right - after the patch)

[​IMG]

Those are very similar values for both rings so lets just assume they are identical in both legs (one already crafted and one not).
    You see in the left item those are already scaled by 5 levels ...and you can upgrade them another 5 levels.
    But if you craft the ring in the right side ... now after the patch ... you will get exactly the same stats at level 55 ... and you can upgrade them 5 levels.
    So in the first ring you can upgrade them 10 levels ... but in the other one only 5.

[​IMG]

Also ... you can never get this damage line after the patch.

[​IMG]

This is how the stats are transferring after the patch (lets assume that unique belt is level 55 ... it doesn't matter if level 55 or 52 except for the upgrades in that case level 51 item is the best ...and yet it will be one level short from the items before the patch).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also ... this sentence is badly constructed since it not represents the truth.
    Not just low level items ...but ALL items with level lower than 55 ...is the right way to say it.
    But the items level 50 are the best (level 50 pre R185) because they got the highest values for the enchantments. (those max for level 50). The low level items crafted into level 55 unique are not that good ...because it is very very hard to get good enchantments on low level items. Even if you get good enchantments they are usually with lower values at level 50 than those in level 50 items.

This is one case with low level (15) item with good enchantments scaled at level 50

[​IMG]

And the sore losers are the cap level players who didn't craft anything.
    And NO ... it is not true that the players have no crafted unique items ... many of them have almost entire sets ... all sets plus at least two rings. With these latest changes ... that is a game breaking.
    Forget about low level Grimmagstone legs ... these new ones are low level Grimmagstone legs on steroids ...

Either let all players craft that kind of items ... or return back the resources and items to those who already crafted. Because it is not their fault either.

-Skygazer- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.