Release 189 is online!

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by DerTester, Apr 21, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gevilson

Gevilson Active Author

Well, now it's possible to get max crit. rate and crit. dmg even on 2H, so not much of a problem for those willing to join the onyx side. And even less for those who don't need to (they even get their dmg multiplied for having more attack speed). And the lower base is compensated by that gold 100% dmg on the weapon.

Assuming that whenever you're doing dmg, you're also at above 33% hp... it could be read as a 400% IDOTI (after crafted), with 0.95 base. Seems a bit too much. Even without crafting it's a hell of a weapon, better than most have managed to craft so far. Or am I overseeing something?

2. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Maybe, but then again, set bonuses come into play, we'll see if it's worth it or not in due time, I guess, also, we still don't know if the crafting will work as before (e.g. 4xT3=1xT4), so that's another factor to consider, Vargulf excruciating was complicated enough lol.

3. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

If we can't combined Full Moon items of one tier to get the next tier level, I'm hosed. That's been my only means of upgrading my gear for the last 4 or 5 months. Well, I have swapped out a few pieces for Level 51+ gear with new base stats and "improved [defensive stat x] on this item" for minor increases on HP, armor and resistance, but my offensive stats haven't even been static with the nerfing at each character level-up. Thankfully I'm now at Lvl55, so no more nerfs.

I was hoping to eventually level up that Vargulf gear enough to tackle PW's again. Prior to R185, I finally got to the point where I could do a couple Painful runs of Grimmag or Heredur a day. Now, with the PW end-boss buffs, I just avoid the Q's completely.

4. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

I have this problem and i need your advice

[​IMG]

1. If they will add base on them after 189 then i should craft them now maybe after 189 i cant craft 4x of them just transfer with core.
    2. If they remanin the same no base added then i can melt them now point to waist gold to craft.
    3. If i can combine 4x them after 189 then i will craft after patch and hope to get a new item with base.

What do you think?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

These are my old (pre-R185) items

[​IMG]

No you will not get base stats in them ... but ... if you craft them now into T3 (4xT2 items) you will get T3 item which will be Pristine core transfer eligible. When R189 goes live ... you can craft them with leg items and the unique items will get base stats. From this point on ... you can upgrade the Tier with Soul Cores.

If you can craft them now ... craft them to higher tier (4x same item) and wait for the new R.
    I didn't test if you can craft them old style after R189 ... but going by the logic ... I guess you can't ...because they are Soul Core transfer crafting eligible.

6. JPDayz

JPDayz Forum Apprentice

I would like to see the regular level 4 base damage on the weapon, so people would have a choice about going q7 or full moon. But if it's half of the value of q7 (making it the same basically with the buff), q7 is of course better. Still nice addition of the ring, seems a viable option for those who want the attack speed bonus without mortis ring.

7. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

I know a lot of dwarfs that would switch the crit rate on mortis for some hp from the normal base stat on rings.
    So dwarfs could swap one mortis ring for this one and keep the arakna's necklace but, all in all for min-maxing necklace, belt and weapon from blood rune would be the way to go for a more glass cannon build.
    You can even think to keep this set, 2 mortis rings and make a use of the full moon 3/3 set bonus because, at that point, you will end with some crit to use for the 3/3 new moon set.

The point is if they will dismiss the upgrade system as they did with the Q sets (that seems quite possible).

About the base stats on those items, they seem a lot in line with any other item so it looks a lot good stuff.

8. Zabark

Zabark Forum Apprentice

Can anyone post the ring for dwarves? Ty.

9. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Since one of the enchantments on the above-shown Bow of the Wolf Slayer is the famous, much apreciated 'Concentration costs reduced by 20%' bonus , would it be understandable to come to the conclusion that if one attempts to move/craft one's 4x49% dmg bonuses from a legendary Longbow into Bow of the Wolf Slayer that very 'Concentration costs reduced by 20%' bonus will be no more? Just thinking loudly...would it not be much nicer to have that very bonus implemented in Unique Values segment of the weapon? Otherwise it kind of feels like somebody telling you "Like the new bow son? Like the Critical Hit Value in it's Base Values? Wanna move your amazing 4x49% dmg bonuses into it? Go for it son! but remember- if you do that , you can say bye to 'Concentration costs reduced by 20%' bonus...you see son- you can't simply have everything:) you have to choose." Tell me if I'm missing something .

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  10. bLoodZ

bLoodZ Someday Author

It's already clear as day that they don't even play their game, that's how they can come up with these kind of brilliant ideas.:rolleyes:

11. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Nah- my wrong - I think that I missed the fact that 'Concentration costs reduced by 20%' bonus will be moved from my old Longbow onto the unique item too- sorry- I'm simply very tired and not thinking clearly - DSO is draining much of my powers:) not complaining tho'- still loving it !

N.B. Talking about moving enchantments from Longbows into Unique weapons, one simply has to think of 5 lines of bonuses /enchantments being moved tho' for some reason one only seems to remember 4xdmg always forgetting the 5th enchantment line - the concentration reducting one:) hence my confusion.I stand corrected.

12. bLoodZ

bLoodZ Someday Author

Then... what about the CHR on DK's axes? Well, that's for when they'll figure out/allow the transfer between sword-axe-hammer (1H and 2H).

13. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

a new pespective indeed...having a weapon adornment of circa 115-120% increased critical hit value on this item and high end Onyxes...think of using Defense of the Untouchables shield quiver or the great return of full Heredur's set alongside Pauldrons of the Black Warlord.... the possibilities are endless...sometimes I feel confused- I'll probably end up crafting 3 builds :

1) Longbow + Quiver
    2) Longbow + Shield Quiver
    3) 2H Q4 or Q7 sets

In all the above options it is possible to have 80% CHV and 350-400%CH.
    What draws me to 2H build is speed - 2.13 and more without a single point invested in skill tree (5x16%runes in 2H weapon +2x Mortis rings + 5x8% runes in the adornment ect.) and damage- 12..perhaps 14k? The only negative aspect would be the lack of concentration costs reduction but that can be fixed over time with Peridots.
    What attracts me to options 1) and 2) is first of all the concentration cots reduction and possibility to have a more defensive char with circa 8.5-9k damage , 80% CHV and 400%CH and around 1.93 speed (or more if sapphires are used) which looks really neat:) There are so many avenues:)
    What can I say- I love DSO!:)

14. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

There is none atm and honestly I don't even think it really exists. It could be simply a bug in the set bonuses description on Blood Rune's set... it's test server in the end.
    With Q7 I suppose you don't care too much about cost resource since the set bonus completly removes cost from EA. Whoever uses this build usually uses the mana for blade dance to reset the cooldown on net and spam AE during the buff time.
    That's why I don't think Blood Rune set is better than Q7 for RA but it could be for DK and SW and definatly it's good for SM.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  15. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

I agree with you . Blood Rune set is not better- it's just an option for the ones who wish to carry on with 1H weapon or simply want to experiment a bit with different builds:)

16. trakilaki

There you go ... level 50 but they are probably all the same for all classes except for the base stats
    [​IMG]

SW's ring
    [​IMG]

17. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

The blood set from map 2 is ok for dwarfs if they dont have q7 set and also the 3 pieces bonus can be used with q7 set so in my opinion a set that give you speed and life is a nice set for dwarfs.
    Maybe if dwarf can mantain the life high they can benefit longer from that 15% speed and 100%dmg than that 150% from q7 set and he can use what dmg skill he want.
    I think is a nice set for dwarfs.

Thank you for the ring, the only problem is that 10 life is useless i dont know what they thinking .At least 200 will be usefull now when life is above 15-20k i dont know why they make trash unique from the begining.

18. trakilaki

What we have omitted to mention so far ... is the fact that the Vargulf's Legacy set has been reworked. :eek:

Here is the new version:

(drum roll please)

[​IMG]

There it is:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

interesting...

20. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

Normal items that borow the visual aparence from old set so pathetic they cant do better than this.I think is a new trend in Dso for all events to have normal items with specific aparence.I dont know who is responable for this but there is many things that wait solutions, not pets skins, costume or items look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.