Feedback Release 200

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Oct 24, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your comments regarding Release 200.

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

Hello there, about the R200 i have to say thanks for bringing the gold back. The dungeon points needed seems to be balanced depending their difficulty (i think ? ).
    The prizes now are attractive, even though for me most of them seem unreachable since i am a casual gamer with a time consuming job.
    Now, is there a plan to reduce these points? The time needed to obtain these prizes would be a long one as well, the waiting is killing us you know :D.
    For me the points should have stayed as they were since you added group play as well, how many dungeons will the Non-botters do you think? Or do you think that we could spend all our day in DSO? We are mature adults you know dear devs.

3. Frostarch

Frostarch Junior Expert

The rewards seem amazing unless i'm missing something. The 3 dungeons i do regularly should be easy to hit gold with, especially in 70 days of playing. The pristines will help newbies like me a lot! I honestly can't wait january lol

4. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

When the leader boards were introduced with R177 we were told that they would reset every month. While that certainly did not last long, now they are extended even further. So now we'll get maybe 5 per year, depending on hot fixes which come more often than not.

It comes as no surprise that the player favorite maps require the most commitment to reach the top levels.

It will be interesting to see how many players on the ghost server reach the gold rewards.

It will also be interesting to see how many more cheaters will use bots as these rewards will require a great deal of time.

I do like the idea of revisiting some of the older maps now that they will scale to max level and offer difficulties, that could be interesting.

The fast teleport thing is kind of neat and might prove to be useful.

Can't say that I care for keys to fight bosses, but that also doesn't surprise me that it was included. Anything to keep us from farming bosses seems to be the goal in this game.

As far as group coloring, not sure what the point is, but it doesn't negatively affect the game so I don't care one way or the other.

There are still plenty of long time bugs that have been ignored yet again, but alas this is no surprise either.

5. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

I'd like to thank whoever it was that put together the patch notes. They are much more expansive than any we have had in recent times. I don't know if it covers everything but at least I won't play tomorrow and have to wonder why the heck all my group members are different colors and what it means.

6. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

I don't understand what is going on with quests to unlock difficulties, Why did i get quest for duria already and all the others one aren't there? Is anyone else noticing this?

7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You don't get any quest ... all the quests to unlock the regions are the old main quests which you had to complete when you were leveling your toon. Kingshill, Willuxshire and Grimmagstone regions have no scaling dungeons.

8. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

• It's nice for a max level player to be able to play "old" maps and get scaled drop. But actually, what can we do there?
    I think most people will just stick to PW as they get materi frags there. There seems to be no motivation for them to play the old maps :/ I may repost my idea about random quests popping up all around Dracania, which might give some meaning to revisiting old maps.
    The idea is that every day or every few days, there would be random quests popping up in all cities and towns, being offered by NPC's for all players. They would be simple like "kill monsters of a particular kind in this or that dungeon", "collect items" etc., you know, the usual stuff - I don't expect the DSO team to actually make these random quests better or more intersting than the main/side quests.
    Rewards may not be utterly amazing. You know, the purpose of these quests may be simply just to give the players a reason to play old dungeons.
    • Balor on painful hits me several times with his basic attack and I'm still standing. Nefertari the Temptress, also painful, hits me once and I'm dead. They seem to me kind of unballanced.

9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Use your imagination ... I do use mine ... and I am back in the time when I was playing Temple Sector all day long.
    Not just that ... those are fun and rewarding maps. :)

10. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

People are facing so many game issues and you do nothing to change that situation, instead you deal with things like this:
    Seriously? Was that so important? What about all the nebula errors, freezing, high ping, broken achievements or missions that cannot be finished?
    As for the R200 the only good thing is probably the group leaderboard. I'm still displeased with the higher amount of points needed to get anything from the solo leaderboard.

semen470 likes this.
  11. Aslandroth

Aslandroth Regular

The funny thing about this is, after quite some time I decided I needed to get the cloak of power quest out of my unfinished list, so last week made a hundred or so runs to Atlantis above Water. I should have waited I guess.

12. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

I haven't tested extensivly the new introductions but so far:
    - the new group members colour doesn't seem that helpfull, I would have loved more transparency, the description itself doesn't seem correct. From what I've seen this is how it works: the slots are ordered in descending order by IGN and NOT by the class; the colors follow this order: Green - Red - Purple - Blue - Yellow (I'm not sure about the correct order of purple and blue)
    - also the mosters HP bar doesn't seem a great improvement, it could have been smaller or at least with some transparency anyway I find interesting that devs are looking @ systems to improve the gameplay experience (we can't have half of the screen occupied by skillbars, HP bars, grup window, chat window, buff bar... we have to play, those things should occupy a SMALL portion of the screen and, instead, most of the time AT LEAST half of my screen is covered by those things and I can't even correctly aim at the mobs)
    - the new set is controversal, it's quite OP in PvP (the set bonus for some classes it's just insane and should be reworked asap) while, on the other hand, in PvE it's a non existant bonus. Fortunatly the unique attribute on the pieces it's really good, I love the new pauldrons
    - the new graphic of the "social" menù seems a bit lackluster but whatever... that's personal taste

I haven't tested the new lvl for the old maps but will take a lot before I can test em, now I'm too busy with the upcoming challenge and the materi farm for the new pauldrons.

semen470 likes this.
  13. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

I do not really care about any graphical improvements, yeah, they are nice, but the art of this game is good, it's not the problem of the game

The new khalys set seems pretty good, the pauldrons are nice, the 2 piece bonus seems a bit op
    Scalable dungeons is a good idea, needs to be expanded upon though, there must be new updated sets from them, that will make them much more valuable, how about updating atlantis set, leggendary king set, myrdosh and the lortac sets?At least dark corruption should on par with parallel world sets
    Update dimensional rift/legend/ microuzi.ecc

I'll update when i see the new LB

14. GoddessofWar1000

GoddessofWar1000 Someday Author

HOW TO GET KEYS FOR NEW YOLTOLI (BALOR) EQUIPMENT ( this is lieu of completed quest for Balor)
    You should clear any DUNGEON map (not Parallel world map) in painful, excruciating or fatal difficulty. Once all monsters are dead a mini boss spawns on that map (any map) he drops :
    1x key in painful
    2x key in excruciating
    3x key in fatal

I ran maps off of Resistance Command Center.....i.e. Dragon Carvern, Foxerrific Burrow of Investation (this one was the shortest to run) and they are level depent...so if you are a 55 you get 55 drops...nice feature

15. Alex_Thor

Alex_Thor Advanced

bugs again? Lb no work from 17.00 :(

[​IMG]

16. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Some feedback on new difficulty levels in lower level dungeon areas:

The map boss that gets spawned after clearing all creatures in "Stone keep" stuns you constantly. It is very difficult for Mages and Rangers to kill this boss as they don't have a stun immunity. It can be easily killed by both DKs and SMs though.

The map boss that gets spawned after clearing all creature in "Dragon Caverns" also spawns minions who are Dragon Spawns. between the map boss and these minions they successfully keeps your armor broken always and thus impossible to defeat at relevant difficulty. You get killed almost immediately.

The "Jabbax Laborer" small creatures in the map "Spawning Ground" seems to have more life than a mini-boss, and they attack as strong as a mini-boss and they comes in packs. Certainly this can't be intentional.

17. ABN555

ABN555 Forum Apprentice

Did a group run in Stonekeep which shows up in the groups table but now can`t get any leaderpoints when running solo.

Does running in a group prevent gaining solo points if so that sucks as prefer solo running.

Can I cancel the group points?

18. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

why cancel group points? Take all the points you can get because it is harder to get to gold on everythign now.

19. ABN555

ABN555 Forum Apprentice

Only because I thought it might enable me to get solo run points which I didn`t think I was getting after doing a group run. Seems that it was a tempary glitch as I`m now getting solo and group points.

20. IceQueen

IceQueen Forum Greenhorn

Don't know if this quest was eliminated with the R200 or with a previous release, because I'm missing the NPC "drunken satyr" from Mount Suvius.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So Mods could you please tell the dev team to remove the quest line or to put the NPC back to where he was. Thanks

P.S. - I'm still having problems with Dragon hide, which i have reported here and no i do not have lag problems.
    Hopefully R201 will resolve these issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.