Feedback Release 211

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Jul 10, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiro

Shiro Padavan

I think it's just the and error in post's layout, meaning it is "for classes in general".
    As you may have noticed already, for example Thicket of Thorns has a much longer range.

As of R211, nothing major. Because I've been on holyday I couldn't have played BigGameHunt, so I started yesterday, meaning no time for PWS.
    One thing I noticed is that Stormball Troll is dealing very high damages (31k dmg with 72% armor)... Or maybe is just me remembering the wrong numbers.

2. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

They didn't nerf the regular ice missile, they didn't nerf anything, they simply fixed a bug that affected the q8 set, so now it does the right damage instead of doing more than it should

Ice missile does 30% damage per missile only with q8 set
    Also mages have 2 other skills that do not need mana, magic missile and chain lightning

I'm not really impressed by the buffing of the bosses, given the fact that the loot has remained trash
    If you want to buff up the bosses fine, but then you'll need to increase the quality and quantity of the loot, since we are now required to do more work acquire the loot

AlmosTBlack likes this.
  3. AmarWilrick

AmarWilrick Forum Pro

you forget the most important thing :
    Oil Coating
    The oil coating debuff will no longer increase the taken damage for all three mentioned skills by 100% but:
    • Quick Shot damage is increased by 100%
    • Heavy Shot damage is increased by 10%
    • C14 Micro-Rocket damage is increased by 50%
    you think i will give 5 points for 10% more dmg on the heavy shoot ? it was 100% , of course it was too much and not faire for balancing, but nerfing it to 10% was realy skill killing.
    And still waiting for EA bug to be fixed, it' not supposed to explode at end of path, the discription says exploding when hit something .

4. Kaydranzer

Kaydranzer Someday Author

From a balancing perspective, dwarf dont need a damage buffing skill at all.
    They didnt kill the skill, they balanced it. If you think that heavy shot goes from 300% to 330% is useless then well, thats your problem.
    And lets forget, that autoattack deals double damage and rocket deals 300% damage while affected by oil coating. Plus you can place it everywhere.

Most dwarfs are too stubborn to accept that they were way too op. Maybe you too.
    What are you asking for? Mages got a huge nerf again with the unnecessary addition of extra resistances while rangers are suffering from EA dealing FIRE damage instead of physical damage.

Veηom and deliburan78 like this.
  5. MademoiselleCaramel

MademoiselleCaramel Junior Expert

In patchnotes for r210 this was stated:

Explosive Arrow: the explosion now also triggers if the arrow hits an static object like a wall.

And now in newest patchnotes this is written: However, we plan to make this skill(EA) only explode when it’s hitting targets (not objects) with Release 212.

Do you even know what are you doing? Or what do you want exactly to do? Absolutely ridiculous. Think before you act.
    Can you please be consistent with your decisions? Do you devs even make your own decisions or just listen to players, and which side yell louder, you listen to them?

EDIT

Last edited by moderator: Jul 13, 2018
  6. Integrity

Integrity Forum Apprentice

oil slick skill has just been successfully assassinated. buff on basic shot 100% and rocket 50% is not very relevant, that 100% buff on special shot was the thing that made it so good. 100% though was obviously way to much, nerfing to 10% now is way too much. the fact it can be placed where the cursor is pointing is not making it relevant neither. 30-50% i believe is the most appropriate value. unless it will be buffed into that number, this skill is useless once again. i have already replaced that in skill bar and group talents for tactical turret and will also use red turrets when i am in group.

finally mage bug on q8 was fixed. bosses in pw now feel just fine, not laughlably weak, not super strong. just fine. instead on useless All for one event, something more useful could have been created, new event perhaps, sargon event remastered, works on new parallels/Q6 set could have had some progress....no, we´ll have all for one event and useless runes

7. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

The 100% oil slick buff on heavy shot was unbalanced and overpowered, especially since many endgame mechs use the q7 set.

The reduction is warranted.

8. Integrity

Integrity Forum Apprentice

raksha, you should realize the q8 set ice missile damage was a BUG, nothing more nothing less.

q7+q8 for dwarf is very good combo, no doubt about that. you want to start a debate about classes and balance between them? no thanks. useless debating it since each class has different play style, different skills, sets from paralells have different effects. balance between classes will be never be reached. some class is better with map clear, some in boss killing, arena and so on.

q8 mage sigi set was a bug, now repaired. live with that.

9. .RakshaRanja.

.RakshaRanja. Forum Pro

oil slick was overpowered, now rebalanced, live with that.

10. callme0216

callme0216 Padavan

The 4 class bring eachother down.
    The people who want challange in this game unequip your weapon ,and make your game harder..
    If its fun for you to do 2 min bossfights when a boss easily can kill you over bugs, and have to farm a tons to be actually strong than bless you.

11. nvmind

nvmind Forum Inhabitant

I guess all this envy on different classes being more OP than others is related to PVP only. If a class gets some OP skill for PVE, means the farming will take less while being in a group with that class, so it's a good thing. Players being happy that the dwarf damage was balanced or the ice missile bug is fixed and not giving more damage anymore.. well, mages and dwarfs won't help you farm faster anymore, isn't it ? And if you farm solo, nothing done to other classes affects you in any way. The solo leaderboards are per class. You can still take first place there, no matter how OP other classes are.
    And if is about PVP, if the devs are keeping their word and remove the PVE sets and gems from PVP, then all this talk is useless.

12. callme0216

callme0216 Padavan

I dont care about the changes if its make other classes happier ,im fine..
    Dwarf only good with Q7-Q8 combo, every other build needs major attention to build it and a lot of testing thats why i will leave the basic setup, people like that just saw the positive side of something but never want to see the negatives..
    Still if the best class in the game is the ranger since lvl 55 was introduced, i didnt cared anything about it, just about the EA exploding at the end of the path..

End of the day everyone just points to someone who is stronger in something than the other ,and he cant take it so just want that class to be nerfed.
    100% was too much ,but that doesent mean 10% with cursor will make it useable.

EDIT

Last edited by moderator: Jul 12, 2018
  13. Kaydranzer

You dont get it. Its not about PvP.

After Release 210 Dwarfs got so strong, that ranger and mages were excluded from every farming group. To say that it will be easier if someone is way stronger than another is wrong. If you have one class superior to another, yout take more from the superior class and leave the weak behind.

No matter which DK i ask the respone was every time the same: I only farm with dwarf.
    But why are you farming with dwarf? Dwarf has damage, has huge cooldown reduction so banner of war is always ready, gives huge attackspeed and and and.

Its not about on which position you finish leaderboard season?

Why should a dwarf be 2 times faster as a mage/ranger?
    This is not balance. This is EDIT

Veηom likes this.
  14. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

I readed carefully patchnotes for release 2011, and no where said bosses will have double damage/resistance/armor after this patch. although they have. ( tested by me on medusa, but all my guildmates confirmed as generally)

I am very dissapointed because BP doesnt inform players correctly about changes related to patches.

15. nvmind

nvmind Forum Inhabitant

You're either in no guild or the wrong guild... Maybe you should take a different approach to the game, either play solo or in a guild where the class imbalance doesn't really matter and there is room for all in a group. Why would you even want to play with an ignorant tank, or in this case a tank that only wants to take advantage of other players.

16. callme0216

callme0216 Padavan

Better if i just ignore your last post.

If you really think dwarfs got soo strong with that 210 release when rocket got faster ,and basic shoot got to a point where its usefull in pvp, and the faster jumping ,if you consider this changes it got better than rangers EA group talent, and its got to a point where dwarfs got stornger than rangers map farm/boss farm you are hopeless sorry.

edit: I have nothing agains Rangers, im fine with them and i dont ask to nerf them.. its just stupid to nerf over nerf, when bosses gets major buffs.. why not make other less competetive class stronger.. oh i know why, that woulnt make that much joy to a guy like u huh.

17. StratosVorras

StratosVorras Forum Apprentice

hi all here i try to show you what they do, and what they lose the mages after release 211 and tell me why i use q8 set with my mage?
    please look until the end it is from yesterday and today 210 and 211 release
    before with one hand you see i do 25k dmg in monsters and now i do 12k so i must stop use q8! if i stop use q8 set i lose and all this http://prntscr.com/k5qjqs from sigrimag torso! and if i lose this i lose ice sphere becaouse i use 50 every ice sphere mana and not 20 26 32 38 44 mana and ofc i must go make again new torso with 38% 39% dmg and crystal. now if someone play with q8 set he cant not find group for farm and in to arena they be one new noob player again!!! this is my opinion!!!

yestarday after long time ago i pay 300k gold to build 1 hand to go play arena and today realy i start to think to stop play dso!!!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  18. nvmind

nvmind Forum Inhabitant

:) You read the wrong release patchnotes.
    The correct one, the release 211 Patchnotes states on its first line that "This version brings further improvements to class skills and talents as well as difficulty changes for Bosses."

And then below:

Bosses
    Bosses now will now have a chance to get up to 30% higher resistances
    Bosses now will now have 20% more health points per difficulty

And as for my feedback on this, yes, the bosses were too easy to kill before this patch, there were minibosses in the maps harder to kill than the end boss.
    Having a little bit of a challenge at the end of the map is fun. However, the fun stops if you actually farm for leaderboards points. After 10 consecutive rounds to the same boss, you just want to be done with it. The grinding needed in this game sometimes takes all the fun away.

ghostmagicus and Akageshi like this.
  19. AmarWilrick

AmarWilrick Forum Pro

[EDIT]
    come on evryone knows that the ranger with his combo of thicket of thorns+net+EA cleaning everything , it's too much OP . and 50% of dso players are rangers, so they cry louder about the dwarf, and BP always nerf the dwarf !!!

leopardxxl likes this.
  20. Kaydranzer

Approach the game like that? Why should i accept such a stupid imbalance? Well, you are telling me that as a dwarf because you are not affected in any way. Everyone wants to take advantage of oen another. Thats the point of grouping up in DSO. It doesnt matter if you play solo or not.
    Why should anyone be weaker than a dwarf? Does this make sense to you?

You forgot to mention the most broke talent ever: oil coating, which gave double damge on a dwarfs whole Q7 spam rotation.

You are hopeless if you think that it makes difference if you like a certain class or not. Fact is, that SW and Ranger are much slower at farming as Dwarf, which results in holy dwarfensang again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.