Release 214 Q/A

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by elitecrew1031, Dec 11, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I feel ya. I have this problem with a bunch of toons.

2. 9ndrei

9ndrei Forum Expert

Jesus...Christ...Almighty..

Great addition BigPoint! I'm speechless.

3. Jocom

Jocom Forum Apprentice

For cores, the tooltip in-game for Tellurian core says it's only available from bosses on Painful or higher. But in the patchnotes, it says they'll drop from ALL difficulties. Which one is right?

4. heror

heror Forum Baron

painfull and higher

5. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

There's nothing difficult on Normal, hence it's not considered a difficulty. :D

Jocom and TwiliShadow like this.
  6. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

You got Normal... ... and you got Difficulties. ;)

Difficulties are painful and higher. I like it bLaind.

7. LordKotton

LordKotton Forum Apprentice

i ran a secret lair.. what the point in spending all the time it takes to kill a sentinal on every block.. it takes way too long.. for what.. 2 clovers..realy? i am just totaly let down with secret lairs.. not worth time!

8. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

same here , i did some runs and finished on inf4 , and when i saw that crap drop, i didnt go there at all, untill they will fix it whatever needs to be fixed.

9. Dемои

Dемои Forum Pro

1 question. Why destructor on painful don't have set? Or if they have BP can add description on enter to boss?

10. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

I have two weak dwarves on Grimmag, one is lvl 54, the other lvl 55; started doing the crafting quests; am only at the Prison of Souls.

In Painful mode, ~10 runs (~3,000 mobs) between them over the last couple of days: Two andermant drops; 3 x ~3K green essence, 1 x ~500 blue essence, 1 x ~150 purple essence; 2 x lockpick (I'm talking from mobs; shabby amphorae drop them at about the same rate as prior to the latest release); 2 x lowest level gem (both were gray = resistance gems); champions mobs drop coins, a few green items, maybe a blue item, maybe a purple item, but no gems or any special items; 1 shabby amphora dropped a revival stone, while others drop usually only coins, but occasionally a green or even blue item; sentinels and their chests drop meh items, no gems, although I did get one unique (sparks glove). EDIT: I forgot to mention: Only one wisdom drop (I think it was a 25?) in 3,000+ mobs killed.

I haven't farmed scaling dungeons much in the past, but this all seems underwhelming, and less than my very subjective recollection of past drops in Painful mode. Especially the complete lack of gems from champions and sentinels. (However, this is the first time I've ever dropped purple essence, albeit in a very small package, which gives me very faint hope of not draining my resources completely.)

On a positive note, the mobs seem weaker than in my previous experience; I didn't use any essence at all, not even the new gray essence (well, I used blue on the sentinels, but even there it seemed like overkill).

Conversely (this belongs in the Winter Fest feedback thread), I get my butt kicked by the single boss in the daily winter challenge cave. My lvl 48 ranger has no chance, and my two dwarves struggle mightily. I don't see the attacks in many instances, just instant death, even when the boss isn't aiming at me.​

I do find that champion and "extra" mobs (e.g., the necromancer[?] near the bottom of the Catacombs map in Normal mode sprays green and blue items, ~8 in total, so a single kill yields enough to craft junk for daily quest requirements.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Question for @__Baragain_ (other opinions also welcomed :)) : Now that the need for gold has exploded, have you come up with new selling / melting rules? You used to sell all green, melt most blue but sell if they were worth 60+ silver, melt most purple but sell if they were 3+ gold, and only sell legendaries if they were worth 12+ gold. Blue seem to be worth a bit more in this release; I'm thinking the new cutoff should be 80+, maybe 90+ silver? Or just sell them all? I've only seen one purple at 3+ gold so far, and only one 12+ legendary (two handed weapon), so if their prices increased, it's not as obvious to me, and I think I'll stick with melting almost all of those two categories.

How does a weak character make enough money for crafting these days?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  11. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

When I started a new character on the TS in order to play this release while it was in the works, I decided to try something new - I sold everything I got. And I mean everything, including uniques. Guess what, I had plenty of gold. Not copious enough to spend frivolously, but enough to complete my crafting quests, and had I stuck it out long enough, I would have easily afforded a mount/pet if I wanted.

Quite frankly, whatever gear you get is more than sufficient for clearing maps for questing purposes. The small increase you would get by upgrading from gops aren't even worth struggling over until you have crafted items so you can take advantage of the multiplicative effects. And you don't really need items upgraded with gops unless you are pvping anyways. Crafting makes a far bigger difference than gops do. (Just think about it, you'd probably need level 1000 items to reach 15k damage with no crafting, but you can achieve 15k damage with level 55 + excellent crafts).

Long story short? Sell everything.

Moreover, you should work on getting the Cute Doggy - either get lucky while farming or snag it from the daily deals if you see it. It gives 5% increased sell value. Throw 5 days' worth of Altered Creserites from the login chest at it and double that to 10%. You could go further if you play more, but even at 10% that's a pretty nice sum.

dkarl likes this.
  12. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Played two quick rounds of 1vs1 PVP … my "naked" lvl 54 dwarf against a lvl 55 DK, then a lvl 55 dwarf.

I only have 23 honor points, all on defense.

DK seemed quicker than me, too little damage from my machine gun turrets, had much quicker attack speed, slaughtered me with a few hacks of his axe.

The dwarf I played against was completely dominant. One-shot death.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Now, I fully admit I suck at PVP, but I thought I'd give them at least some resistance and be able to take more than one shotgun blast.

Does 1 level make that much difference in the new naked PVP world?

13. Bariya

Bariya Forum Apprentice

Yes, it does make a big difference. Besides, You probably have T0 or T1 gear and probably level 54 or lower, while they probably have T6 or better upgraded to level 60. That makes a huge difference.

14. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

So the entire balancing thing did, what? Nothing? Level 15 players will be set up against level 55 players and not last even as long as I did?

15. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

No. I think u may meet in arena+/- 5 levels oponents of your level. If u are 54 may meet max 55 and min 49.

16. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Then the solution is to continue ignoring PVP for another year until I can solo Inf4 (except it'll be Inf8 by then?) and gear up :)

17. User330K

User330K Junior Expert

Well.... All you need is a few or at least one higher graded friend in game who can tank the PW bosses for you to obtain a T6-7 Unique items.
    And if you dont have enough glimphs just start to farm painful or the level you can clear in a reasonable time (means what you can clear without dieing).

if non of these are in sight you must start to do golds in paralells, so you get some matery and bonuses in the end that allow you to buy T7 uniques that you can buy... Painful is kind of a joke now... Whatever you get will fit for a T6 medium powered one if you have enough gut to solo one, or find someone to take you there... In the end you will be able to do some Pw-s solo, not to mention more will join you to party (more leechers too). It all takes time...

PVP is just sux. More than before.... Previously it was clear who hit first kills. Now who has the highest set wins. OR if has infinite stun ability wins. Like DK-s.

Or just follow the general play stile: Hit and Run. As nowadays its common. Shoot the biggest in a 1v1 fight and steal the kill - and run for the another...

18. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Sell all greens still holds but this 214 has messed up everything else. The old guidelines were based on the old 4:1 ratio of GoP and gold value. Now there are two problems with this. 1) the gold value has a much wider range. Example: It used to be that if a blue 2h wep dropped it was an automatic sell. These days many more blues and legs are only worth melting. Exo's now have a 6:1 GoP value compared to blues while legs still have a 16:1 compare to the same. This pretty much makes all exos melts imho.

As far as making enough gold now... well that takes much more planning. (I am a bit surprised that in all the feedback from the TS a live release threads nobody mentions how much it now costs to craft upper tier gems.) I really have not conjured a good rule of thumb that will always give my toons equal progress with gold and GoP.

So pending the data collection and in-depth analysis from the math guru :D I am selling all greens, melting all exos and sell/melt blues/legs depending on my next objective for a given toon.

dkarl likes this.
  19. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I don't need glyphs anymore, so I sell almost everything these days except legendaries worth less than 12 gold and uniques. I haven't really been paying attention to prices to develop rules anymore.

I'd recommend following MikeyMetro's advice above.

20. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

Always sell blue green and legs, sell purlpes if they are worth more than 3 golds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.