Feedback Release 214

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Dec 10, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I have already given my thoughts with regards to most of the features introduced in this update while it was on the Test Server, so I'm not going to harp about things I don't like, but [EDIT], fix the goddamn plague of nebula errors that came with this update. I cannot play this game in full screen without it crashing every 5 minutes to a different neb error.

Last edited by moderator: Dec 17, 2018
  2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Not quite. The drop rate for draken cores feels like something around 90% with the last 10% splite between pristine, soul, and augment cores.

Also, this event is one of the best events to farm draken cores, so you better get to it. I farmed 400 in the last 48 hours and was able to upgrade an item.

Hetsunien and Akageshi like this.
  3. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Not sure if it's as high as 90% chance but yes, it feels like draken cores do drop more frequently.

This is a problem. What can you craft for the bronze league reward, for example? One purple item? And with silver league reward - 1 legendary item? ... Seems like the coin rewards should be at least 10 times better.

4. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

Personally, I found nothing interesting in R214.

Nothing new than an improved extreme grind farming gameplay.

C ya on INF5.....

5. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

i noticed a reduction in tier 8 drops after premium ended (actually i got less tier 7 too and more tier 6), so maybe i was wrong about the end of pay to win

6. Aslandroth

Aslandroth Regular

From what I can tell, everything is going according to BP's plan. Ever hear of planned obsolescence? So they introduce a "major release" with a whole host of bugs, along with intentionally injected shafting for a couple reasons. 1. To give players something new to be frustrated about in opes they forget or ignore the things that will never be addressed. 2. This enables them to employ a skeleton dev team that can spend the next year on fixing, tuning, refining (read that any way you like) the problems with this release. Not only does this give them another 18 months of breathing room wherein they don't have to worry about new content, it also allows them to release one of those awesome community letters talking about how they listened to us and removed this or that imbalance, introduced some new bag while offering a deal on inventory expansion.

There were some potentially really cool things that could have happened with this release, but always remember, what BP giveth with one hand they taketh with the other, and compound the interest.

This is a fascinating case study to watch though. This game, this community, all manipulated repeatedly, mirrors the real world in so many ways. I started playing DSO because it was a fun escape from the day to day, and I really enjoyed it. Now, I spend more time reading the forums. At least the forums are free.

Mission accomplished BP.

piteris2 and MikeyMetro like this.
  7. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

This map?

[​IMG]

If it is, I have a few words about ...

It is a great way to get few "free" clovers, tons of crafting materials and most important - t8 items!!!

[​IMG]

It takes some time to clear it but just imagine that you're playing 12 runs of DtU :D

[​IMG]

As You can see at the pic above, few more left and I start guessing how much clovers I'll get, maybe even more than one chest etc.

And ...

THERE WAS NONE !!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

Now, if you remember entry location, it was on the wrong spot, soo, map was bugged so when I've clear it, lair chest hasn't appeared!

[​IMG]

This must be repaired asap :mad:

Btw I haven't post this to brag :cool: :D

8. HellenicMacedonian

HellenicMacedonian Active Author

The same to me.

Wrong entrance, poor maps.

A big problem in changing maps is like throwing "dice", one can not be sure of whether to change a map or throw it out of the game.

9. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

May be this is the new form of gambling. May be these are the "Joker" maps. You never know if it is going to be good or not.

Or may be the "Joke" is on us.

sargon234, Bubble and MikeyMetro like this.
  10. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

yes, I have been getting more crashes when switching between my characters

11. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

Maybe mods will adress this issue concerning amount of gold offered as reward in PVE leaderbords, which is totally unapropriate with the amount of gold needed for crafting.

Bubble and Akageshi like this.
  12. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Potions and elixirs should be much more expensive. If I want to craft my own potion, I need to farm herbs, I usually have to buy a bottle, and I have to pay for the crafting. So I pay about half the potion's price, and add the time spent collecting the herbs. That makes it much easier to just pay 50% more and ignore herbs and recipes altogether.

I've visited bout 6 PW secret lairs and I always got some gilded clovers from them. But today I entered the one that opened after Asar was defeated. Several platforms, each with a guardian, 3 waves of monsters on each one of the platforms. No clovers, no chests - if not counting in 2 lockpick ones and a few small chests with coins in them.

It's fine if there is randomness, but a random choice between a great reward and absolute crap reward is not very pleasant :/

Bubble likes this.
  13. unchained

unchained Forum Apprentice

already farmed 1 of improve royal gem upgrade materials but still no schematic : royal manual :(
    make this like drop rate of ferocious beast pauldron schematic manual as chrismast present to us please :)

14. _Baragain_

Yep, that one.
    Agreed... but I've done two of those maps and only got one T8 item. And when it comes to clovers, I've gotten 4 and 7. The first is about average compared to the "Kill them all" variant, but the second was nice... now if only it didn't take four to five times as long to clear as the kill map.
    There is no chest because the rewards you get from the protectors are supposed to be your source of clovers in this variant.

15. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

The protectors did not drop any clovers for me in a lair in Closed Chamber (fatal). Was that a bug or do they only drop clovers on infernal difficulties? Or only in PW? They sure dropped clovers for me in Q3 Inf2...
    (Do I get it right that the protector lair is the one with a big guy on each platform where waves of monsters spawn once you start attacking him?)

16. _Baragain_

From the release notes:
    The key word is "chance."

It's random, and from my experience, the higher the difficulty, the higher the chance. That, and the more platforms you have, the more chances you have.

The only variation that seems to be guaranteed to give clovers is the Monster Hordes, from the chest that spawns at the end.

My advice to everyone is to only use the Secret Lair Offerings in the PWs at Infernal I or higher. Anything less seems like a waste.

Akageshi likes this.
  17. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

There is actually a lot of things I like about this release, a few I don't, and some bugs/bad behavior that needs looking at.

First though, I'd like to point out a few things that relate to us, the players...

For quite some time, players were complaining that DSO was releasing new versions too fast with too little testing/bug fixing. We also complained that the releases were on Thursday/Friday and so any fix wasn't coming until after the weekend, earliest. This release was several months of work on their part, testing on the Test Server, and released at the beginning of the week. ...Perhaps they did listen.

One of the major complaints after a big release like this has been that the game requires folks to re-download everything. That didn't seem to happen, for me at least, and I haven't seen others complain about it. I don't know if this was a deliberate move but it is a plus.

Another complaint we all had was that the last release seemed to restrict the number of health orbs. That has increased for me and I've noticed that those in groups with me aren't dying as often. I truly appreciate that change, regardless of reason for it happening.

Now, on to the bad.

- Changing maps or playing in a browser, full screen, can cause crashes (mostly Nebula)

- Playing for a long(ish) time seems to result in "out of memory" errors when the computer still has gigs and gigs free

- Zumpe's items seem a lot more expensive, comparatively, than I was expecting

- 2 of 9 on the Disaster to Master has some confusing text. It stated that I could travel to any Duria Dungeon to find the Anacampserosa but that wasn't quite correct. Turning on Quest Guidance sent me to Prison of Souls. Loxley didn't work.​

And the good (or better at least).

- I absolutely LOVE the prompt to leave a dungeon. Yeah, it is an extra click, but for the times I've been near an exit and left without wanting to... heavenly to not have that happen.

- I absolutely LOVE (x2 maybe) that the "Lucky Sphere of..." is GONE. If I want to buy some pet/mount/emote/whatever, I can. This was a real negative to me to have to gamble to see if I could get what I wanted.

- I am not a PvP'er so my apologies to those who are...but I appreciate the increase in time to a match. I'm on Agathon and waiting 2-5 minutes for a 1v1 wasn't uncommon. When going for the Daily Quest, it could be agonizing to wonder if you were going to make it before the Daily reset (an hour to do the "complete" quests was horrible).

- I love that I don't have to repair my gear. More gold for me!

- I like the appearance of the coins on the maps (where it has changed) and the "old" gem look. Much easier to identify gem levels.

- I like that when I've picked up a new pet/mount/emote/costume, that I can easily see the green + on the Collector's Bag to add it.

- I like that the maps have been improved to show items on the map that may be of interest. We already had icons for boss monsters and Sentinel Chests but now we have the alchemy items and enchanted chests. What I'd love to see is labels on 'em. (hint, hint)

- I like that lower level toons can't craft uber high level gems anymore. The crafting quest needs you to be able to access higher level maps in order to get the recipe. Sure, level 55s might complain about it but I'm appreciating the killing off of any new twink.

- Errors in the game still allowed me to rejoin the game at the location I was when the error happened. I didn't end up in town! (Albeit, I'm not happy about the error in the first place.)​

And for the one oddity I thought worth mentioning.

- When loot drops from the boss monster, quite often it is all of the same level. So all blue. All pink. All green. It would be nice to see a bit more variety.​

18. DimTh

DimTh Forum Greenhorn

I hoped for a really new R, but no, no new maps, no new quests, no fantasy for this game,

for me you have done a big terrible mistake, you cant cancel the gems in arena, its impossible
    to make all players the same, the newer players with the older, the only difference is on the levels
    per item, but this is not enough, many players given their money for years to get gems,
    you don't have the right to do this, fix it! The arena is better for me, specially as tank who i am,
    but as i said before, you have done a TERRIBLE mistake, the gems must come back in use again
    in the arena, keep out the magics and the sets!

19. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

The chance seems to be close to 0 on difficulties below infernal, judging from my 0 clover drop on fatal protector map :D
    On the other hand, in an infernal 1 protector map, every single boss dropped a clover... Extreme unluck / luck situations? I guess.

I agree with everything you pointed out. The devs have improved a lot of things.

I guess I was just lucky when playing the Disaster to Master quest. I didn't follow any navigation because I vaguely knew which dungeons belong to Duria region. So I went ahead and traveled to Stonekeep. And there it was, the herb in question :D

This is actually very surprising. The community have been complaining about this, and for a good reason. We don't know whether the DSO team listened or whether they are just afraid of legal stuff, but I like the spheres are gone.
    It's surprising because even big AAA games that you have to buy for full price often have loot boxes, but DSO is a free game where loot boxes shouldn't be so much of a problem. But perhaps the whole gambling issue applies to all games, free or not.

silverseas likes this.
  20. adi1190

adi1190 Forum Connoisseur

How to solve this?
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.