Feedback Release 214

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Dec 10, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redkiller12

Redkiller12 Forum Great Master

Server:Grimmag
    I have noticed that the drops overal have been reduced.Not only gems;adermant,blue ess,and leg equipment are less dropped from monsters.Only realm frags and coins drops seem to be the same.
    • Mostly great desert and Q1
    • Gems:
      • Before rel214:They were freaquently dropped from "champion"(mini) bosses ex. 7-8 out of 10 champions would drop a gem.Unique bosses or sentinels always dropped at least one gem.
      • After rel214:They seem to not be dropping at all from mini bosses.They are sometimes dropped from unique bosses or sentinels.Drops from normal monsters seems the same.
    • Adermants:
      • Before rel214:eg.at least 2 drops from a full q1 map
      • After rel214:0-1 drop per full run of a q1 map
    • Blue ess:
      • Before rel 214:It was dropped at least once for every full run in any q map
      • After rel214:It is rarely dropped,i have found like only 2-3 drops this week.
    • Legendaries:
      • Before rel214:They were always dropped from unique bosses or sentinels.
      • After rel214:They arent always dropped from unique bosses even in infernal4 mode.Sentinels(at least Khepre) drop only extraordinary items even on infernal3 mode.
    Considering the fact that they removed the jesters,the drops should been increased,not decreased.Also,there should be a chance to get soul stones from monsters,lockpicks should be dropping in ammounts of 1,2 or 5 and purple/red ess should be dropped (rarely) from monsters in inf modes(or introduce ess crafting).
    That might have been true if there was the title "Economy Rebalancing"only, with no points at all.At the moment they mentioned some things they should have mentioned all of the changes.Otherwise,it seems that there arent any other changes.

I noticed a "bug".Bosses now drop "silver" and "gold" coins.But those drops do not seem to be affected by any %increase coin drop.I think that the Devs just forgot to program that.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  2. mariusmgm

mariusmgm Someday Author

well done,arena is a very annoing part of the game,i stop here ,other wise,acctually can you banne me from the forum forever,or how i can do that?i need help here,im preatty shore the special moderators wanna help.thxafter 8 years,i realize,even here the forum is a part of the strategy against the players,to belive this forum is for the players for them to belive drakensang care about averyone opinion,is not like that,drakensang doesnt care about no one opinion,never!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  3. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Totally called it...
    I've talked about this topic before, but people confuse "Patch notes" with a "Change log."

A Change Log lists every change made between versions.
    Patch Notes highlight the key points that the developers want people to know about.

In a way, Patch Notes have more in common with advertisement or community outreach because they are the developer's spin on the changes. As is, the R214 patch notes are the most comprehensive and detailed patch notes that we've gotten in months... if not years. Yet people are still getting frustrated that they aren't longer and more detailed.

4. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I played the TS every day (which is rare for me) that this was on the TS. It was quite obvious to see the dev's tinkering with the gem drop rates on various builds.
    The general farming drops were down from the git-go and have stayed there. I noticed the drop from mini-bosses was almost non-existent at the start and it appears that they settled on this less-often random for the release. Lockpick and shabby chests went the other way (nothing to some.)

_Baragain_ likes this.
  5. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

I'm not sure if this is a new bug of sorts since 214 or if it existed before. But upon switching maps, my costume, aura effect and pet were suddenly disabled and all active buffs (1hour ammons glasses, 2h run speed buff and 10 mf buff) vanished. Especially having ammons glasses and an 80 gold buff eaten by dso after 30 min is not fun.

6. It is an old bug, but it is rare and seemingly impossible to reproduce. That makes it extremely difficult to isolate and fix. If you have any idea how it triggered for you, please let us know so that we can provide useful information to the team.

Bubble likes this.
  7. Dемои

Dемои Forum Pro

Very bad release. Soul stones only for ander or for from from chests (1/h farm). Try add soul stones for mastery, 50 per stone or 80 per stone. New players can't buy too much stones beacouse ander drop now is 0. Without jesters new players can't get soul stones for helping on group

8. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

Then good for you!
    [European servers] I play everyday for 3-4 hours on different maps with different difficulty and I'm 100% sure that I receive less stones, gems, anders,wisdom, materi and ess. E.g. before R214 I got at least 10-15 smallest stones + 1-4 bigger per map, now I get 0-2 smallest stones from 1 map or 2 pw maps. Bosses and sentinels no longer drop them in my case. As for wisdom, I got pretty decent drop despite low wisdom runes before, now I receive 1 pile per whole map run.

Yesterday, opened one more 25 lockpick chest on inf3 and received that... Laugh for about 15 minutes... Seriously?!!!
    [​IMG]

Also, there's an issue when a dwarf is in a party. When the dwarf attacks the boss and uses the skill "dwarf in a box" (sorry not sure if the skill's name is correct), the red "health indicator" from the boss' health bar disappears completely or is out of the health frame; sometimes it's present, but it moves from left to right.
    [​IMG]
    Tested on Heredur and Herald, but it seems that the rest of the bosses are also affected :( pretty uncomfortable when we cannot see how much health the boss has.

9. heror

heror Forum Baron

Ofc now farm below Inf 1 does not exist, thats why they gave the tonics to compensate

10. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

where are noobs supposed to farm is farming below inf 1 is useless?

I do not think tonics are a sustainable solution for them

11. Jakeybear

Jakeybear Forum Apprentice

Dwarf-in-a-box goes FAR beyond this bug. A good portion of the time if you use it on a boss (A friend ran me through Inf4 a couple of times when my dwarf was weak) the boss will become invincible. Straight up cannot be killed. Its hp bar will empty and the boss will continue taking damage but never die.

The amount of bugs this class has is honestly unbelievable.

12. Dемои

Dемои Forum Pro

After R214 ander drop is 0%, fix this! And fix this 0 drop on destructor and herold. I farm day by day these bosses and I don't see any uni except jashak/dragon set. Is terrible all time drop jashak from herold :mad:

13. DamarèRo

DamarèRo Padavan

Hi, you can activate two of them cure and tonic in the same time bcs those two buff are different not in the same class.

Same here, after the r214 the drop of gems have been reduced a loot. Where? In any map don't matter where you farm. A little later but i need it to say it to.

-----------

Another think, i farm a lot in inf4, almost 100 turns in last days and the drop of legendary are very rare in boss drop, is inf4 devs. if here do not drop 1legendary then where?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    IKILLGIANTS likes this.
  14. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Overall, I liked this update.

I love the alchemy system. The animations while gathering are hilarious - you just pull a pickaxe out of nowhere and get down to work. xD Thank you for adding all the ingredients to auto-loot as well. Sparing me a click is a small mercy. I also appreciate that value has been given to a lot of the dungeons that were otherwise forgotten. (Yeah, i'm a weirdo who actually replayed most old dungeons for the fun of it, rather than only grinding that one "best" dungeon.)

The secret lairs are all right as far as being rewarding. The new monsters (lair guards?) are interesting in that they have such a long cast time but the animation of the attack is so fast. It forces people who stand at the edge of the screen to actually move closer so they can see what they need to do.

However, I have some misgivings: players are being allowed to balloon their offensive and defensive stats even more off the charts with plat lines and tiered royals. What kind of challenge are you providing in order for these stats to be useful? Or is the goal of this game now to one-shot inf 4 bosses? I suppose some people might find this kind of game fun, but I would be incredibly bored. For me, knowing that I am just working towards one-shotting bosses with these upgrades completely kills my motivation to move forward and continue to power up my gems and gear.

Buggy left click issues where I randomly stop walking with nothing blocking my cursor is annoying as hell. Failed to download blah blah error plague is also annoying as hell. But sadly, I feel like neither of these are particularly new, they just got worse with the update.

Mostly though, I have to say this update came too late. I have lost a huge chunk of my guild members over the last 4 months while peeps waited for something more interesting than the upteenth moon event. I don't think they're coming back. Personally, although i like this update, the "spark" of interest I had for this game died... again. I basically alternate playing several games simultaneously, and DSO is now just one of many instead of the only one.

ΣMiwel and Dragonnns like this.
  15. JamesFDelaney

JamesFDelaney Forum Apprentice

Well balanced arena, pretty good fixed skills, equal chances for each class... joking ofc - crap update, tnx a lot.

16. sargon234

my feedback

Alchemy
    I like it as a concept and it makes normal dungeons relevant
    The problem is that crafting potions is inferior to buying them outright at the vendor, crafting costs more and requires much more time
    At the very least crafting potions should not cost gold, it should be free

I like the ingredient bag, i like that augment cores are now cheaper than before
    The changes to the core drops are not so bad, at least the christmas event is still a useful way to farm draken cores, which are still too rare

i don't like the complete reduction of drops, leggendaries should drop more often at least on inf 3 and inf 4
    Infernal fragments should drop from bosses on all difficulties

Only andermant gambling should have been removed from jesters, gold gambling was fine

Also essence drops should be put back to the levels they were prior to R214, now that they are more needed

Also i do not like the fact that soul keepers are now bought for andermants only, players should be able to buy them for materi fragments
    Soul stones should be available for gold or they should drop more often from chests

PvP

It needs to be fixed, it doesn't feel as good as in the past

Also since only base stats matter in pvp, cheaters will be even more powerful and unkillable by honest players
    At least you should start actually banning them and monitoring the game to catch them

ΣMiwel likes this.
  17. _Baragain_

Yes, seriously.

Every one of those chests has an andermant drop, but it is randomized. That is where the 100k ander would be if you were lucky. I've gotten 5, 10, 50, and 100 from opening silver and gold chests.
    Speak for yourself. In the difficulties I run, the drop size has been increased to ~50 and is dropping at a reasonable rate. 1k every hour or two is very possible.

heror likes this.
  18. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

I think it will be a nice ideea if pets can be upgraded also when having duplicate pets, that will reduce players unhappines when they get duplicates.

19. sargon234

Also, what's the point of having bottlers, paper, ecc. with different rarities?

heror likes this.
  20. _Baragain_

Just to make things complicated... I'm just glad they don't take away any space from my inventory and the farming I actually care about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.