Release 223

Discussion in 'Test Server' started by avalon31, Sep 25, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @Testador ,

I kindly ask you to avoid posting pictures that are not in English :)
    I hope you can upload them again but in English.
    Cheers.

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

mrmlja and ΣMiwel like this.
  3. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

Now you know why it no longer drops...
    [​IMG]
    brooms: witch's and frosty stygian

[​IMG]
    tame battle spider

And a couple of skins:
    [​IMG]

trakilaki, hacker09897 and ValkonGo like this.
  4. hacker09897

hacker09897 Someday Author

vortex0811 and aBDuLHaMiTHaN like this.
  5. trakilaki

There are new reworked old low level items and skins for old low level items including the legendary 100K base damage Alan's Set XD
    You don't add items ... they are recognized automatically as skins (the skin unlocks but the item stays in your inventory).
    And NO ... you will have to pay ander for everything when customizing equipment.
    TM bag is not enough anymore ... you will have to use the Santa Claus' bag and collect more body parts for sale as your kidneys are not enough to cover the expenses.

mrmlja, Dzungla and JohnWick like this.
  6. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

You gotta be kidding :D

So, if U have all this items (obsolete or not), You'll have to pay, for example 1600 + 1500 + 1600 for torso, axe and cloak You have and ( 2000 + 1600) + (2000 + 1500) + (2000+1600) anders if U don't!?

Nonsense!! I've kept those items for years!!!

Well, I was born ready XD

[​IMG]

trakilaki likes this.
  7. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

The direction this is going is really apparent.
    Pay for skins and not to win but they twisted it.
    Let me show you why I say that.
    There is obviously other games where the games have a huge player base and the whole game is free.
    Then of course you can pay for skins, they are implementing this here but, they are keeping the pay to win aspects.
    As a result this is only another level of income for them.
    they are merely testing the waters though premium wont go away over night but.
    The pet king rat drops "dirt"
    The skins are, well skins.
    the mortis set points to another direction totally too, they want you to die 999 times or more exactly 200 times a day according to the feedback of testers. <- yup that is how many times you die 200 times a day...
    So is it freemium or free to play and pay for skins or just a mix up of it all?
    Thing about the rat king pet is you lose all the perks if there is no prem and you want a "prize" drop you will have to sacrifice all the perks from pets just to land lumps of dirt.
    The sargon offensive set is ridiculously weak <- I like the one I made a lot better
    Now regarding the defensive set:
    Heck it looks like they just slapped on deprecated values, just to make it a set in the game.
    To be honest though, even my version of the sargon set would not really be viable in dso in its current state, the inf1-4 foes just have an insane scale, even if you wore the mortis set with my version <- you would be a goldfish in a sea of sharks. ( plus goldfish are freshwater fish :( )
    My question is, where is the game headed with these changes?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Javah likes this.
  8. rcch

rcch Advanced

someone(maybe checked from game db) said that change of getting killed by mortis is 0.5->so roughly every 200 kill...kills you. So yeah pretty useless(1 full pull i.e in new moon map has what.. like over 600 enemies to kill)
    Maybe if you buff up the set in normal map and then do teleport kills on boss with group but that is not my cup of tea.

9. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

It's clear they are now become money eaters. So expect to have to pay for almost everything, even if games with huger player's bases are and continue to be free-to-win and generates millionaire incomes only thanks.to customization.

Anyway I'm not convinced that people will spend so much in order to give to their gear the appearance of old and outdated items. Even considering that the looking of equips (costumes neither) in this game has never been amazing at all (just be gentle).

I consider this only the first, low-cost (for them) step towards the massive customization, and I think indispensable to develop true and new skins that finally will look epic (no need to mention the names of the games I am referring to).

Only in this way I believe they will see a concrete progress in satisfying their hunger for money because maybe even me will be pushed to spend in order to finally look different and truly legendary.

10. Mihut

Mihut Forum Greenhorn

Anyone can show me all new items at mages that was introduced? or atleast book of condemnation to show me..

11. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

12. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Nope, the article is not up-to-date with TS.

There are some screenshots in the Discord server, but don't expect anything BiS. They're just generic items that can be of some worth for levelling and fresh-at-cap characters.

13. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

OK got it, ty

14. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

nope its from a youtuber he stated that death amount in his video after extensive testing ofc
    Nvm let me rather grab the video yy it was 200 deaths in the space of 12 hours

Thats insane and a waste, I stick to my request that it rather be changed to a 0.05% chance that mortis will reap a foe
    and a much nerfed hp rip from the players to more or less 75% on a buff of 50

15. ZantezukKken

ZantezukKken Someday Author

To be honest, one of the biggest pleasure when your char start to be crasy is to rush tanking most of the things, to get a cool speed of kill, skill after skill, if you've to turn back in safe mode just to save the dmg, with a nice luck to be dead from mortis. no ty^^

16. DBS-Flamelurker

DBS-Flamelurker Exceptional Talent

This would make set OP.

17. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

are they updating dimensional rift and warlord's pauldrons?the pauldrons are interesting

18. trakilaki

There are several old items reworked ... but they are not showing on entry which means you can see the stats only if you get them from drop. Dimensional Rift and Warlord Pauldrons are among them.
    They converted another Longbow to Hoaxbow ... Aegis Bow.
    No ... I will make a video when I have more time. I can't afford to go to test server frequently ... the game is freezing when changing different releases.

mrmlja likes this.
  19. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Grabbed those pics from Rudwolf he shared them on his Facebook group.
    Either way though with their current values the pouldrons does not beat 2x witch seeker parts, crit is not all that much needed with crit cloaks either.
    I have a friend campaigning for the sargon set to be made with 30% weapon damage, 20% damage on shield and 10% crit on adornment, pretty much similar to the ones I made way back when.
    As long as the dev team understands its weapon damage like dragan and not idoti the sargon set should be pretty strong if those values do ever get implemented. <- the main theme behind this would be not to need to use that horrid mortis set.
    Also bearing that set in mind, one could then go 3x dragan armor, 2x tear holders and cloak of heroes, seeing that the crit from the shield should lower the need for a crit cloak.
    As things are, players are not realizing that they are making the players weaker defense wise and this has been a trend, first the crit cloaks rob you of resist and now the mortis set robs a player of hp and you stand a chance to die on top of that, how many videos has to be made with players left with 1 hp before they actually understand the set as it is now is not viable?

That would be my plan yes, I would much rather see players running around with that much relative damage and slightly lower hp and more viable q4 players than not, and in the same instance the same goes for the sargon proposal <- more viable 1h builds (including traki)
    BTW: the mortis set should say -2% hp per kill, and a very slim chance 0.05% that mortis will come down and reap your enemy dealing 500% of your base damage.
    I mention this because you cannot have mortis come in and reap a boss for you totally of his hp xD
    All dso really needs is VIABLE variety

20. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

So it's good on one hand, but 1h players, especially rangers get shafted once again
    At the very least they should introduce new longbows, that are actually viable or introduce long bow variants of (siege)hoaxbows