Feedback Release 226

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Nov 29, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Dear Heroes of Dracania,

You can find here the detailed Release 226 Patchnotes.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

If you are unsure what sort of feedback is being asked for, please read this thread.
    Any off-topic posts/pointless rants will be deleted.

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. Lambrusco

Lambrusco Exceptional Talent

Hi. I just wanted to know if in this release there's gonna be an advent calendar like in the past year and if we need to check facebook for de codes or if they are gonna be written here. The same for the crystalball where you need to kill a "boss" for later picking up a present in a cave.

In case it's not the right place to place it, please move it to where it must go to.

Greetings

3. Jocom

Jocom Forum Apprentice

I'm guessing the 64-bit client upgrade is because of the new Catalina OS for macs that broke a lot of programs.

4. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

How many of the Jewel of Amplified Healing can we socket?

5. Jasiu111

Jasiu111 Forum Pro

Just one.

6. 9ndrei

9ndrei Forum Expert

Wow, awesome. I'm sarcastic of course. The Key of Prowess still stack to 999 .. and not 9999. Great job!

7. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

That's because the update is coming on monday. Today was a hotfix for the Premium Day (probably some price setting attached). Lol.

8. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I noticed that:
    • Spirit stones are not included
    • that the Halloween 2 items are included right after every one sold all but one stack.

A warning could have been issued before the event ended.

vampiro likes this.
  9. chiuseer

chiuseer Advanced

Me too. I sold 999*2 Life force.:( So please do something faster before players complain.
    Some Dragan Event items: Fire , Lightning, Poiton stone. Dire Ore , Dragan's sigil,Dragan's Breath . Why not put in Event Bag?
    By the way, my friend ever complain to me about the Dragan's Incensed Staff.
    He have 3 types staff (Fire, Lightning, Poison). But no matter which one, he don't want to use it. Because damage is too low. He don't want to throw away.After all ,these staff come from time and resources.So why not combine those 3 type staff into a new powerful one. That will be intersting.:D

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    gbit, DreamWill and JohnWick like this.
  10. -*florinda*-

-*florinda*- Forum Apprentice

After yesterday's fixes was constantly thrown out of the game. Absolutely any location. On 64-bit and on 32-bit the same. How to fix it? Impossible to play ((

11. Aslandroth

Aslandroth Regular

My feedback:

So you bumped up the stack size of certain, selected items to 9,999? Half of those items are too rare for the average player to accumulate a stack of that size, and you know this. And since you spent time making careful decisions about what stack sized to increase, it means you actively chose to not increase stack sizes for the things that are clogging up EVERYONE'S inventory. I like a good joke just as much as everyone else but this is another slap in the face. Well played as usual BP.

ALL essences need 100k stack size. Period. All the garbage, trash items you force us to collect for entrance fees, and kick-off timers to be allowed to play the events needs a bag. This is ridiculous. I have every possible inventory expansion available and can't complete a run in larger maps, even picking up only pink and gold items. Do you think this is fun for me? Do you think this is fun for the majority of players that don't have all their slots expanded? It is pure annoyance. I believe you could say, this is scummy.

Suggestion (Which will be ignored because it is part of your business model): Whenever there is a big event, there are usually at least two required items we have to farm to make it playable. One of those items is ridiculously over abundant, while the other one is scarce. So, because of that scarcity, we have a few stacks of the common ingredient, and are left grinding on the scarce one. This robs us of more inventory space for over a year, and doesn't help those of us who have farmed extra. The following year, we are still at the mercy of the scarce ingredient. Not cool. In fact it is abusive to the players.

Then there is this one, which I REALLY enjoy "The issue that Khalys and Herald still had a longer spawning phase on higher difficulties, has been fixed". This is the second release in a row where you've turned your attention to Khalys. Last time was to screw us out of a useful game mechanic tat made her less annoying. Sure its nice to have a reduced spawning phase but I am pretty sure it has been over a year since you mentioned killing bosses was supposed to stop their minions. But no, this hasn't been addressed because it would help the players by removing some of their annoyance. You know, killing Khalys and then having to dodge stupid laser beams while I am picking up my loot. FIX IT. Like yesterday, FIX IT. And then fix Asar. I would call you all incompetent EDIT but we all know this is done on purpose.

Another annoyance is the re-use of icons. So Dragan's Breath and Ghost Fire use the same exact icon. I noticed this when I was spending the painstaking hours of juggling my post event inventory into the locker. I realize the art department is stretched thin with all the amazing new content they are producing /sarc but draw a Pac-Man ghost or something. Make it EDIT , anything, just make it different.

I will give one bit of positive feedback though. Even though nobody cares about your trash skins, at least you are honest in the release notes about the purpose of the event. New Skins, New Skins, New Skins! Which means Ander, Ander, Ander. But these trash events are no longer about working hard with your guild to get awesome set pieces. Now its about grinding and paying, and grinding some more to unlock skins, because you are too lazy to introduce decent sets that balance out the game. Rather, the goal is to force most players into Q7 set, rob everyone's ander so we can look different while all using the same set, and then, my prediction, nerf Q7 at some point in the future while you buff up the mobs some more, and then pat yourselves on the back saying you balanced out the game. Make sure to put into the release notes how awesome you are and that you did a great job listening to the community feedback. If this game lasts halfway through 2020, I am sure there will be a new set that some cry as being OP and others cry as favoring this or that class, but most will go after it, buying you more time to create trash events as a cash grab while the players complain some more about the imbalance of the sets. That will be a great time to bring back Creatress tears, if the oh so very agile art department ever catches up on their backlog.

Final conclusion on this release; I am giving it a pass.

Last edited by moderator: Nov 30, 2019
    gbit likes this.
  12. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

The introduction of that gem, most likely, will make group play for the DK even more painful as if it is not already, but clearly releasing balanced content is not part of these developers!

The spheres of life to fall you must do damage and eliminate the mob if I am not mistaken what result will be had if already in group it is not succeeded to coplire a mob?

If you don't have 2 - 3 pages of wardrobe for the skins it makes no sense to spend us one resource is just a void to lose the other games have thought of it before!

The rest is small for a year-end version with a game full of problems!

Javah likes this.
  13. ValkonGo

ValkonGo Regular

I would like to know why the amulet of Medusa was changed, and why this is not written in the patchnotes?
    [​IMG]

14. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

Maybe to help us to die even more often during the all-inf4 Xmas event?.

kuwabaraz, blackassam and trakilaki like this.
  15. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

has anyone dropped the new item skins anywhere? i have yet to see them

Also, the new year event seems another one of those crappy grindy events
    Not good, i say not good

16. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Now that is going to piss me off. They don't nerf items that need to be nerfed but they nerf the amulet without notice.
    Those are not dropping they can be purchased only with cash.

kuwabaraz likes this.
  17. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

but why are they claiming that those items drop in the Winter solstice festival event? If you put your mouse curson on the icons of those items it says that they drop

it's misleading information

18. blackassam

blackassam Forum Expert

Targeted manipulation and change in items again? ... really good timing especially for the Christmas event .... and how they want to keep players in the game when they are constantly destroying what they had to build. It's not just the item itself, but the overall build and everything that was needed.

19. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Jesse said, quote: "It's pay-to-look-good", which I think is a pretty good thing if the feature is a part of a really good game. PoE is all about such paid cosmetics, right? In the past, I was angry in this forum about the pay-to-win model which we do still have and it's very prominent with all these event cloaks and purchasable progress points, and I called for paid cosmetics. The thing is, in order to make paid cosmetics a sustainable model, I assume you first need to have a really good game in which players get invested a lot. It seems to me that most DSO players don't really care much about the way they look :| Perhaps, if the game transformed a lot from an ARPG towards an MMORPG... It is both, but it's more A than MMO. And in traditional MMO's, people do spend time just chilling and messing around with all kinds of cosmetics, housing, etc. whereas in ARPG's they just want to get the loot and boost their stats :| (Sorry for elaborating on this so much)

20. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I don't know what Jesse said but I am totally fine with paid cosmetics.
    I was just answering Sargon's question.
    Where did you read that? They never said that ... at least in the patchnotes.
    They are not even in same patchnotes with Winter Solstice event.
    New skins with the event are those new items the cloak and the weapon ... and the reworked Winter Festival Bag.
    Big Paws is dropping them ... and I think Kranparus can drop the bag as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.