Feedback Release 243

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Sep 30, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Dear Heroes of Dracania,

You can find here the detailed Release 243 Patchnotes.
    Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.

If you are unsure what sort of feedback is being asked for, please read this thread.
    Any off-topic posts/pointless rants will be deleted.

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. vampiro

vampiro Advanced

Do something about the quest Shadows of the Past, right now there's people who could enter 60 times for free to the Sargon portal just cause they got informed about the last part of the quest blocking you the passage, so now there's an unbalance and an unfair situation there.
    First of all, costume should have been the reward for finishing the quest and not for an achievement, and the only "purpose" to enter there is an useless amulet, asking for that much grind just to get a key to enter a map with absolutely zero drop is completely ridiculous.
    It just feels like you love to laugh on the face of the players, changing a quest after some did it in more rewarding way and getting the costume, you now force the rest to grind for keys and limiting the time per day it's available (no words :/ ), for more uncompetence you did it bad and of course, another fail of yours can be abused by those who realize of your bad designed stuff.
    I suppose this is the level of your incoming CE design, I don't know if I should laugh or cry seeing such mediocrity.
    Im awaiting your fix to the quest and your apologies, but you are also expert keeping silent like nothing happened ;)

Edit: For more laughs of a bad work, they add an achievement where an amulet T7 is given for killing 60 times the boss, you can do quest once per day so you need 60 days to get an amulet tier 7, but there are only 57 days remaining for CE, and they said tiers are gonna disappear, how are players supposed to get an amulet tier 7 with a live expansion where tiers doesn't exist?

Players lives matter :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Alpaca, Spugna, kai’El and 3 others like this.
  3. jelbeat

jelbeat Regular

As said in the patchnotes:The quest row “Shadows of the Past” is now available for everyone
    But how do you get this quest?

I got 3 toons lvl55, only 1 got it.

4. wojtekwjk

wojtekwjk Regular

It's said : The Shadows of the Past questline will start automatically when you enter an urban area with a level 55 character after finishing the Cursed Wish questline in Qaizah. Did you finish that questline ?

5. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Why did we get a counterfeit version of the Shadows of the past quest line and why didn't we get the costume at the end of the questline as it was for newbies and test server players?

Why does it have to be so grindy to get an amulet which is now not that good? Why is it so grindy to get three achievements?

Why is there the need to grind a daily quest to get the title?
    There's no need for such nonsense.

Is this the lessened grind we were promised?

Spugna, raider, navelko and 1 other person like this.
  6. jelbeat

jelbeat Regular

That's it then: with 1 i did the blue balloon (sharr kharab).
    It's always simple when u know what to do!

Thnxx wojtekwjk

7. Dragenstein

Dragenstein Padavan

Which secret lairs and which level do you have to run to get the rotation orbs? It wasn't bad enough. There must be hundreds of dungeons, lairs, and open areas, all with 7 or more levels and now this grind.

8. wavi

wavi Junior Expert

It is the third essences event that I finish and I do not get unique from the event hehehe my luck is very bad. For those who want to get help with the orbs of the lair maps, use the cloak that gives the benefit of "receive double the amount of objects in secondary missions", with that cloak when you kill the guard you receive 2 orbs, although it does not have It makes sense to do it because the new map does not have anything good, I see Jesse in stream entering that map and he does not get anything or what is that mission for.

9. Czzaccz

Czzaccz Someday Author

well they already said that the higher tier of item you have the higher lvl of that item you will get when CE comes
    but other than that i agree that the situation with this amulet and sargon quest is quite bad
    jesse on stream said that nothing happens to the ones who abused it, he said that they very smart (which is true), but i dont agree with there being no compansation and also grind of this quest is insane i didnt even start doing the repeatable

10. MomchoBG

MomchoBG Forum Greenhorn

I am really amazed. Why every time there is a patch, there must be a hot fix too? There is no other game where the servers are down for maintenance every 2 days... This game is just unplayable. Every time i have some free time to play the servers are down for a patch, a hot-fix, or hot-fix of the hot-fix. Every time a new event comes out there is incredible lag, so much lag that noone can play. I have to wait for minutes to load the map. How are you doing this guys? For 6-7 years you couldnt optimize the servers to work properly...
    Every time you make changes of an event it is a disaster, catastrophy... The end-bosses of the essence event are so strong that i am one-shotted on inf 1 with 160k HP... Why are you doing all the best you can just to make people NOT playing the events??? You destroyed the Vargulf event - there are no runes from the magician at all because you cut the drop of runes and this was the only thing Vargulf was playing for. You destroyed the Dragan event too by cutting the drop of perls, hoping that perhaps there will be someone to spend 5k anders for a single perl.... Now you destroyed the essence event too by making the bosses incredibly strong and trying to make the players spend their resources...
    WHY???????
    AND WHO DO YOU EXPECT TO PLAY SUCH EVENTS?

Alpaca, Spugna, trakilaki and 5 others like this.
  11. vampiro

vampiro Advanced

They still didn't fixed the achievement of Fire lair guardians, they don't count ;)

12. sargon234

True.

Anyway, we waited a year to get a discount version of the shadows of the past questline.

13. Dragenstein

Dragenstein Padavan

Answer: The same people who have been playing these events for the last few years. The devs have figured out what will get people to spend money. Unfortunately, this situation is not going to change.

ΣMiwel, raider and DBS-Flamelurker like this.
  14. Night-Elemental

Night-Elemental Forum Apprentice

Big props to BP for fixing the horrible new quest bug (the one where people could enter multiple times and didn't have to grind half a year for the 60 kills)! But they could have made the essence bosses a lot stronger since they are much too weak!
    I love how in every hotfix they just fix the most neccessary bugs! Great company

ΣMiwel likes this.
  15. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

This update prompted a hilarious series of conversations in the guild in which a bunch of hoarders suddenly got andermants and couldn't figure out why. :D Kudos to BP for reimbursing those peeps though, rather than just scratching items off.

As for the resolution increase to the icons... I coincidentally just transitioned over to a new computer as well. So suddenly getting an up close and massive picture of two decapitated heads being used as New Moon adornments was a bit of a shock. (Yes, I am almost blind, I didn't realize those were decapitated heads before this update XD).

As for the sargon amulet quest... I only did the quest line for the andermants. I can't be bothered to protectors for the next two months just to get an amulet that would just sit in my stash collecting dust.

ΣMiwel likes this.
  16. sargon234

I hope you're being sarcastic.

17. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

The armor bosses are way stronger than Hansen boss... but they're still too weak I think! And the time limitation... I mean, two minutes is cool, but hasn't anybody thought about making it 30 seconds?

It is obvious he is speaking the truth and the only truth that can be said about this game.

Also people ruined sarcasm these days by putting those /s everywhere.

trakilaki likes this.
  18. kai’El

kai’El Forum Greenhorn

Great job on the "approved bug" and the tip from Krone about how to beat the system to finish the quest without farming. Unfortunately, some of us finished the quest before Krone gave the innuendo on how to cheat. So, I , and many of our running buddies are thinking of leaving the game. We wont be missed, nor will our monthly sub to Twitch be missed. I feel bad for those who didn't get the hint, or figure out on their own how to finish the quest without doing the whole thing. On Twitch it was said they will do nothing about helping the others, nothing will be done about the bug, other than fix it. That confirmed that it was an approved bug, and meant for those who wait to start until they get a cue from someone on how to do it without grinding. We all are so disappointed in this game, and the changes coming up.. potential level 100-120? ( see the chart they showed on Twitch) , more gem slots, but a trinket to hold runes, ...an impossible task to get up to those high levels. Of course, those who have played for 9 years will have the extra gems to immediately put in those slots, and the differential will be greater than it is now. Even with all our gear to T10, and 3-4 plat lines on gear, it doesn't seem like it will be a better game. just more of a money sink to do anything in the game. It used to be so much fun, and everyone could get the mounts, the costumes by finishing one bar. Everyone could play together or solo, and have fun. Not anymore. we have decided it's not fun anymore, has lost the comradery and joy of running together, or even running solo. So many of our friends have stopped playing in the past year/ 6 months. It's rather lonely now, but moving to another game anyway.
    it's just a costume, but the quest for those returning to the game was far easier. I'm not impressed. I don't care about the the title, or the costume. It was just something new to do. I won't fall for that again. Skipped the desert of Ess, and obviously won't be doing more. (Hearing Dueling Banjos from DSO in the woods over there.) And thanks to Marathon, yeah... see you - never

Dragenstein likes this.
  19. Archane

Archane Forum Apprentice

I really hope this feedback gets read. I have been playing the game for more than a couple years now and faithfully paying my monthly premium, occasionally getting deluxe when I wanted more cubes for crafting. I also subscribe to discord. I was very excited to hear about all the coming changes with the content expansion. Personally i didn't hear anything that I didn't think would be for the better so far and was really looking forward to jumping in on November 24th and seeing what it is all about.

Unfortunately a recent situation has changed all of that. You had a bug that has been seriously exploited and yet it seems that you have no plans to do anything about it. You applied a hotfix to fix the bug where players could drop the quest shadows of the past at a certain point and pick it back up and keep going getting what you needed for the costume and achievements without really working for it. I'm happy to see you fixed the bug but nothing has been done to the players that took advantage of it. At the very least you could compensate those players that didn't use the exploit with enough steam cores to get the costume and first achievement.

Exploiting the bug is bad enough but this is not the first time that has happened and i could have learned to live with it like in the past. But what is really disheartening and making me consider whether i will continue to play the game is how cm Jesse and Khrone the mod on discord responded. They both encouraged players to take advantage of this exploit. I unfortunately was not available to watch the live stream or be on discord during all this but watched the recording after and old posts on discord to see what happened.

I thought a cm and a mod would be responsible enough that if they are made aware of a bug or exploit to encourage players not to use it or their can be consequences. This is obviously not what happened at all. Instead players were encouraged to use it.

Now if such a blatant example of being encouraged to cheat can happen once then what is to prevent it from happening again. This is why some very big well known and well played games in the past went under. It is very sad to see this was not only allowed but encouraged and now for those who did not know they are trying to complete the achievements the hard way with the repeatable quest and doesn't feel like it's even possible.

The protectors show up on average about once every ten to fifteen runs on any level and that means more secret lair passes are needed than what most players have unless you spend a ton of anderment on getting them which makes this achievement a pay to complete which is very wrong.

I truly felt the game was heading in such a great direction with this content expansion but now I'm not even sure it it's worth continuing to play if cheating like this can go on and even be encouraged to participate in. Anyway I truly hope that this post gets read and something is done to restore my faith in what was one of my favorite games to play for a long time. I planned on playing this for many years to come but now I can't even get back into it unless i see that someone cares enough to rectify this situation.

1vanka and Dragenstein like this.
  20. Dragenstein

Dragenstein Padavan

There have been many times over the years where people got to take advantage of an exploit. They say we are not supposed to. So how are we supposed to know which ones are safe to use and which ones will get us banned? I check in most days to see how the current event is going. Most events unplayable for less than Inf5 players or don't give much reward for the extreme amount of grind required. I'm waiting to see what happens with the expansion. I consider it unlikely that I will be spending much time in the game. There certainly hasn't been anything that I think is worth paying for.

vampiro and 1vanka like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.