Release 248

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Anyki, Mar 18, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicko17

nicko17 Forum Apprentice

I remembered the reason why I didn't comment on the forums, every time I commented, they were looking for a way to remove it.

Anyway, I make it short to the comment, they ruined a good set, with an old mechanic, that for some reason they had removed and put back. to have us more time online?

you can see that I don't have the thinking of a game developer, because I would never do such a stupid thing.

tozagol likes this.
  2. Anyki

Anyki User

I am going to remind everyone that this is the feedback thread. Offtopic discussions will be deleted.

Melethainiel likes this.
  3. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Oh no, you can't kill a boss in under 30 seconds anymore, how horrible, it's the death of the dwarf, just like those other times, like when they finally ended the inequality between dwarves and the other classes, by making dwarves actually having to care about crit and crit dmg like the other classes were forced.

ΣMiwel likes this.
  4. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

[​IMG]
    This is how curve of armour and resistance looks like (there is maths behind it). You know the two values of armour and each resistance from the character stats window? Absolute and percentage? So, X is the absolute value of boss' resistance and it can make a percentage value (according to the curve), let's say 95%. Yes, you read it right, monsters can have over 80% resistance. So, when you subtract 70% of X from X, you get the new absolute value... and you use the curve to get the new percentage value... and the percentage value doesn't get decreased by 70%. In fact, it's often decreased by way less, as you see on the graph above. That's where your results stem from.

[DREM] and gbit like this.
  5. Szenlonggz

Szenlonggz Forum Apprentice

[​IMG]

my damage 76171 thats dmg without bonus from activating turet and other bosts
    my crit rate 44.05%(+198.17%)
    flametrower 175% dmg
    oilslick fire res reduction 70%(lvl 10)
    was checking damage at desert kephre
    so if he have 95% fire res then with oil reduction it wil reduce 0.7*0.95 =around 66%

so 76171*1.75(flametrower)=133299
    133.299*2.98(crit hit)=397231 and thats around whot i got before they fixed oil slick
    if oil realy reduce 70% then my dmg should be
    0.66* 397231=262172(that whot should be)
    but i got max 146000
    so somthing stinks its certainly isnt 70% reduction

hm if we youse 40% res reduction insted then
    0.4*0.95=38%
    0.38*397231=150947(wery close to whot i got)
    anyway with bosts from turets and that one stacked from atack speed when checking in character info i got 158000 dmg so if it wark then it should be
    for 70% fire reduction 262172x2=524344
    for 40% fire reduction 150947x2=301894

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  6. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I didn't read a word of your post, but that is an awesome drawing. :D

7. gbit

gbit Forum General

You can find the real image in wiki/calculation :D
    Is the graph of %arm/res on abs value arm/res; the values are difficult-depending.

This is the function :

%rid (lvl) = absvalue/[absvalue + f(lvl)]

The skill reduction applies on the absvalue, so you must calculate the new %rid on bosses (it isn't a simple subtraction of %rid values).

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    [DREM] likes this.
  8. Lambrusco

Lambrusco Exceptional Talent

Come on, the poor guy giving us a lot of explanations with that drawing for you to tell him that. nobody undestand you @ΣMiwel, sorry :(. i really like what you said. go on giving us more drawings like and makeing our life in DSO funnier. shame they are gonna change rules when they want to and in afew days is not gonna be for nothing again

Cheers

tozagol likes this.
  9. gbit

gbit Forum General

whit the few data I manage to collect I made some tables but I hope someone confirm or correct them...
    but to underline, with an example, the concept you illustrated in your post, I take Grimmag and calculated arm/res abs value and perc values per level without resistence reduction, with 40% red and 70% red (I have applied the reduction to all stats, just to make some comparison...I know it's only fire res reduction).

Grimmag arm/res absolute stats

[​IMG]

grimmag arm/res % values

[​IMG]

grimmag arm/res % values (with 40% res reduction on abs value)

[​IMG]

grimmag arm/res % values (with 70% res reduction on abs value)

[​IMG]

N.B. please notice that these are mostly theoric calcs based upon very little data, but, if I'm right, we can see an example of your consideration in the previous post.
    again if someone can confirm the numbers, please tell me...thank you in advance.

EDIT: I've changed the abs value table...the previous values were wrong (used the wrong formula), sorry.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    Elendel80 and Szenlonggz like this.
  10. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

The thing is, that is not how it is counted, and I tried to visualise that.

Think about gems, like diamonds, which improve your resistance. Do they give you percentage straight out? No, they don't, they give you some numerical absolute value. Look at your character window. You have an accumulated absolute value of each resistance there, and a percentage value next to it. The percentage value is not obtained from the absolute value 1:1, but with a formula visualised by the curve I drew. That's why the results are not what you think.

The rules of this are the same since the begin of the game I think.

That's clearly stupid. Oh my. So the coefficients are wrong, and not the res breaking abilities. That's why 100% is needed to see a difference on a boss. It proves they neither know maths nor do they try to balance things out.

Szenlonggz and gbit like this.
  11. gbit

gbit Forum General

I think you can't reach 100%, the armor breaks take place one after the other so you apply one break, then (on the remaining value) the other; but I'm not sure about this.
    And yes, they don't even try to balance something... Again you are forced to play in group because you need multiple breaks in the same time.

JohnWick, Elendel80 and Szenlonggz like this.
  12. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

No, actually they do sum up. Such things have always worked like that in this game: absolute values sum up, percentage values sum up separately (negative values are subtracted), and then the resulting percentage is applied on the resulting absolute.

Thing is, we can't be sure if 100% is enough, that is, mobs (including bosses) may have some percentage values too, making the resulting value more complicated... that's not that hard to determine, even without data-mining, actually. I am not sure how accurate your data is though.

gbit likes this.
  13. gbit

gbit Forum General

the abs values table was wrong. I substituted the wrong one with the correct one.

Szenlonggz likes this.
  14. nicko17

nicko17 Forum Apprentice

Hi, the whole discussion lies in the fact that the dwarf cannot break 100% armor with a single skill? DK's HAVE TO use all three.

Now from my ignorance I ask, is that the only skill they have for that purpose?

And for all the calculation of resistances and so on that everyone is doing, I'll summarize, to play in a group is almost the same, as long as you have two different classes breaking, to play alone make sure to pass 101% more is no good, how it is calculated I do not know, but from 90% to 101% armor breakage I pass critical hits from 1.1 million to 2.8 so....

This for the many DK that also should not know, because there is no information anywhere, more than Youtube videos, sacrifice the skill you want, but put the 3 armor breakage YES OR YES make the difference, more if you go alone, with two 10/10 and explosion 6/10 is enough.

I leave this to see if they accept us more in the groups because I'm fed up with them prioritizing other classes even if they don't even know how to play.

tozagol and gbit like this.
  15. linco1

linco1 Forum Apprentice

I give up, the game is not viable, there are a lot of bugs, it got worse.
    Good luck to those who stay. . . . bye.

16. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

That's not surprising, have you seen how they balance the economy? it's total nonsense.
    They should have payed attention in school, they would have learned very challenging concepts such as additions and multiplication.

tozagol likes this.
  17. Szenlonggz

Szenlonggz Forum Apprentice

dwarfs have only oil slick to breake fire resitances and few other skils that breakes phisical armor so we dont have way to eficiently break armor fast enough as for fire resistances we dont have way to breake 100%

tozagol likes this.
  18. mariusmgm

mariusmgm Someday Author

i have a question ,who create in this game the quest with sibyl???????????????@????,please i wanna know who is that smart person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i kill all the shadow monster in front of sibyl and i cant finis the quest why??????????????????????????????????

tozagol likes this.
  19. rjrichards

rjrichards Forum Pro

You have to re-enter the map where the quest will appear again. It has been that way from the start.

20. nicko17

nicko17 Forum Apprentice

blue boss ingredients, green ore? how is that possible? is it a joke or sarcasm?

in case you haven't reported it yet, the boss ingredients in cruel don't drop, you have to go from painful to lethal and many don't kill a lethal alone and getting a group is problematic.

Another thing, I made about 5 persistent memories, brigavik map, and I do not appear nothing but common monsters, I do not know if anyone else is happening or is it a bug.

I take advantage and attach this, I asked a couple of friends and it does not appear, it is the only map where I can see it.

https://ibb.co/S6DPMy5

[​IMG]

tozagol likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.