Remembering the Bad Ol' Days

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Darwarren, Feb 18, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

What changed since you first started playing DSO?

1. There was no lag or rubberbanding.

41.7%
  2. You could always log in.

43.8%
  3. You could always stay connected.

41.7%
  4. All browsers worked for DSO.

64.6%
  5. Drops seemed reasonable.

56.3%
  6. PvP was always busy.

45.8%
  7. There was only 1 Jullov in 1 Map.

29.2%
  8. Events started on time.

60.4%
  9. There were no daily hotfixes.

60.4%
  10. You could always find a group; some guildies were always online

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Yea, we can't argue with this guy anyway. Its like that old saying.. "Never argue with an idiot. They will pull you down to their level and beat you with their experience."

But that won't stop me from pointing just how much of an idiot he is...

Silverseas already pointed out that you obviously have no clue what you are talking about here, but I figure that this just reinforces that you have no credibility. When you miss something that basic and simple, what on earth makes me think that you have the qualifications to tell me anything about the game.

Again, you contradict yourself... first you claim that you won't argue semantics with me, but then a couple of sentences later you argue semantics. :confused:

And speaking of arguing semantics, in your original post that I took issue with that you then took issue with and .... well you get the point... you said;
    No where did you say "In 6+ years of development," you said "6+ years later..." You failed to quantify your statement and a logical assumption is that you mean that they would have learned how to best monetize it since the opening of open beta since that is when they really started to monetize the game. Further more, the monetization of the game back then looks very different than these days. They have gotten more generous in some ways, but less generous in others. If you've been around so long, tell me what the inventory costs looked like back then? And then compare that to today's system where you can buy 3 lines for 10800. I only bring this one up because it seems to be your biggest pet peeve.
    ...But hey, I'm a logical guy and how am I supposed to know how your warped brain is working if you don't quantify yourself.

It seems that your entire argument is predicated on the fact that BP designed the game in such a way that it encourages paying in order to obtain an advantage as opposed to other games in which you only pay for cosmetic customization. You completely ignore the fact that this game actually has a serious advantage over some other kinds of games. In this game, you can farm andermant, and it has only gotten easier with each release. In that way, there is almost nothing you can't get if you are patient enough. In other games, there are features and items that are 100% restricted to the paying players. The only such thing in this game is premium (and even that they give away free from time to time), but that is not so significant of a game changer. Access to an impossible to complete unique set? 28 more slots for items when you can already unlock 316 (including the locker)? Free respawn, only in non boss maps?

So, to sum up almost your entire argument, you are ticked that BP is in the business of making money. It's really simple. If the money aspect ticks you off, DON'T PAY! I don't pay and it doesn't bug me that BP gets other suckers to dump money into this game. If they didn't, there wouldn't be a game for me to enjoy. You claim that simple baseline features are missing and I agree to a point, but the game is constantly evolving. You just seem to think that your vision of the game is more valid than any of the rest of ours. But here is a funny little thing for you to think about... When I talk on the forums and share ideas, I do it productively and get the respect of other players and forum goers. You talk and everyone wants to give you a virtual punch in the virtual mouth. Earn some respect and credibility here, and then you can presume to tell me that you know better than some of the most active posters in the English forums. Maybe in a year or two, you might be half as respected as folks like trakilaki, Novadude, Rhysingstar, Darwarren, BigPapa, MegaNuker, MikeyMetro, Troneck86, sebastian_fl, silverseas, -Faeriequeen22-, -Skygazer- and many others. Right now, you are just an arrogant troll with delusions of grandeur... a very impolite little fish in our lake. Show some respect where it is due first, and then maybe you will get some in return.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    EhtovK, Troneck86, trakilaki and 4 others like this.
  2. Wot he said. Play nice, kiddies. Last warning, M'kay?

Dragenstein likes this.
  3. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Ah, the human condition. Here's some ancient social psychology.
    Social hierarchies fracture along the lines of coalitions, networking, power hierarchies in economic groups, and a bunch of other stuff.
    The more people in the group, the more leaders emerge. 1 in a group is stable but stagnant. 2 develops a power structure, 3 has coalitions. By the time there are 5 in a group, usually a clear leader has emerged. By the time there are 8 in a group, a secondary leader usually emerges.
    The forum is a big stage, with lots of walk on actors. That makes lots of opportunities for dissonance and resolution.

But so what. :p
    I have more fun in the forums, than I do in Brokensang. DSO crushed my battlemage some time ago, and their quality assurance levels are way beyond my tolerance.
    Hope you all are having a great time. Thanks for being here.

4. -Skygazer-

-Skygazer- Advanced

Peace folks..... Please, have some love in your hearts, no need to have a wits' fight..
    Both are not wrong, neither are right...jcdenton007 made some good points and _Baragin_ is one of the players whose posts are intelligent and interesting...
    ......humans tend to indulge in intellectual speculations.....

5. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Well not sure how you are helping anyone with complaining. Discontentment never helps anything nor anyone. Suggesting advancements helps volumes.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    Dragonnns and Allogeneous like this.
  6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

No you didn't ... even if you did it is false again.
    June 2010 not September
    You got another failed analysis there ... you are referring to the article's release date ... but even if it is so ... it is still 5+ ... not 6+ years.
    For me another quest bag is not a priority ... what is of much greater importance is separated extended quest tabs (pvp quests tab and extended quests tab).
    The game is written in C++ not Java ... however ... it is not a question "if they can" but "why they don't want to" ... and the answer is ... they don't want to because of $.
    That purple item has 3 enchantments (3*X(rounded values)).

Anyway if you are still analyzing ... I would suggest you to read through my previous posts ... I have covered those topics many times.
    You can even contact me for help at DSO Wiki, here or at google@trakilaki.com :rolleyes:

7. Domrani

Domrani Forum Apprentice

Well, i was actually playing this game during its first year.
    I did have a huge break and came back way later, but some of the thing i remember from that time:
    1. last goal was reaching herald, and the scare i get while passing through all those fire spitting dragons.
    2. speaking of herald, the day i learned how to make the bug by jumping to the entrance just before he hit and getting him stuck, then spend 20 min shooting him until he dies.
    3. seeing that guy with kahlys snake hat and being so envy at him. (was hard to find a good group for kahlys back then) never got it till this moment.
    4. best was - buying the CD and upgrading the items when upgrading came out and become wayyyyyy to strong, everyone thought i manipulated some bug. imagim i had a book with 2400 crit 5 years ago and killer wand! cant remember the stats. PVPing with it was so hilarious. made many people angry.
    5. Sad - when BP realized how powerful those item were once upgraded and killed it and refund me anders.
    6. DSO today is just SAD. all players i known from that time are way gone. im also heading there most probably.

_Baragain_ and buzzed99 like this.
  8. ρΛяя¡ş.

ρΛяя¡ş. Forum Greenhorn

I liked how in the good old days now be at mind I started playing dso online before it was even 1 years old so I seen so many things go to waste and change I miss how players in 3vs3 could own each other countless times into time was up I remember when 5vs5 first came out players werent rushing trying to get the flag and end the game for the points we would take our time and have fun and own eachother.... even through the bots were bad bigpoint made the mistake of banning them perm.... alot of good time working people lost there accounts just trying the bots lol I was one of them... Could have just did 2 weeks starting if they used bot again 2months then perm... not insta ban... it was during that time we lost so many people from all servers... I remember how full it just used to look all the players playing.....I loved how rank meant something... didnt have no giant boost making low level marshals ***.... but its just like bigpoint to end something they have a chance with ive played 2 other games by bp and they dont exist anymore bp only cares about the money not the time we put into making our accounts nice btw Crystals of truths werent bad to identify items but I did feel a little better when those were token away God bless...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.