Feedback Reworked Moon Events – What’s new? [FEEDBACK]

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Allogeneous, Dec 11, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your comments regarding the Reworked Moon Events

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.

If you are unsure what sort of feedback is being asked for, please read this thread.

Any off-topic posts/pointless rants will be deleted.

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. MANOJ

MANOJ Forum Pro

I would like quote this entire thread as feedback to the *NEW* (LMAO) MOON EVENTS -
    https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/moon-events-review.45961/
    Every single post in this thread is my feedback about the reworked events
    There is nothing new about this new moon events, except for new hard mode and the weird set of uniques from these hard mode.
    Required realm frags increased from 7 to 10 to enhance boredom in our gameplay

3. .Baraba.

.Baraba. Advanced

I understand that you dont want players to have new set from first event but to get 11 claws from Karabossa (not stuckable!!!!!!) and not even one scroll for summon Karabossa on hard level????????????????????

Dragenstein and Arr like this.
  4. Krazydamage

Krazydamage Forum Apprentice

Somehow it was necessary to rename "wave" emote to "wink" even though it's your hand waving.

Also the new set looks like a pimp, it has a pimp hat and a bling necklace. So I guess in German, "enforcer" means "pimp"

Morinphen likes this.
  5. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

The additional footspeed buff in normal map is nice at 20%. The mobs have been made eaiser to kill. The drop rate for old set is anecdotally higher.

Other than that I'm not quite sure what you did here other than ask for suggestions 16 months ago.

We asked for you to make it less grindy, so you added an additional map to lengthen it.

We asked you to make it less repetitive so you made the second (hard map) exactly the same as the first.

We asked you to raise the drop rate of the uniques so you made a new set that is much more difficult to access and obtain.

We asked you to reduce the entrance price back to 5 frags so you raised it to 10. And then you raised the drop rate? Soooo, you created inflation and answered your own rise in cost by increasing drops that are not really apparent.

etc etc etc we asked and you answered by ignoring the feedback.

I guess I just don't get why you would collect feedback for over a year and the result is adding a duplicate map and adding a new set which completely ignores everything else we wanted you to do.{sigh}

I guess the main feedback is: you don't read, listen to, or care about our feedback, so I don't know why we bother.

alchimista, EhtovK, Armando and 12 others like this.
  6. yiannis_l

yiannis_l Forum Apprentice

Hi Everyone,

My favorite monthly event is the full moon - almost from the moment I started playing with my DragonKnight, quite some time ago.

It is my understanding that the new moon is so grindy, that I was struggling to reach the 3rd draken marker from day 1.

In my humble opinion the reworked version of it is so discouraging, that I am seriously considering to completely stop participating (concerning fairy wood farming -which their drop rate is by far the worst I have ever encountered-, not to mention the frags cost to do so) and just farm karabossa with friends.

Personally I prefer to have my peace of mind, since the extra 90 drakens per month are not worth such an effort.

As an idea of replacement of this event, I would suggest a smaller, monthly version of the Essences event.
    I believe such an action would be much better, since we all need essences most frequently.

misterbean likes this.
  7. pydragons

pydragons Padavan

This is a joke. Any feedback we thrown was disregarded/forgotten. The pathetic game designer once again shows how much he can pull off.
    For all this time, did no one ever saw that you are splitting the community between those with scrolls and those without. Now you added yet another useless set and another joke-like scroll for a harder map.

Sadly we have to deal with it. Nothing major will change regarding new moon event. This is what they came up with and it's here to stay.
    Pathetic.

alchimista likes this.
  8. Excalibur1974

Excalibur1974 Junior Expert

After playing the new moon event on live server Heredur,
    I found very funny (to not say demotivating, because i know that you don't like negative terms. So urrah! Join the Joy!) that in a bunch of runs, i had in inventory 10 claws for entrances in hard map and 0, ZERO, hard scrolls to summon Karabossa in hard map.
    Again, it's ALWAYS so clever that your team doesn't understand maths and the way drops should be. But we said here so many times, so i don't really think that you all are able to understand this constructive criticsm. Why constructive? Because i would like to show you that if you work to introduce a brand new feature (hard map mode) but you don't let players to take reward from this (if we can't summon Kara hard, why the hell we should play the hard map????), the results is that we will play only NORMAL map. And so you worked for nothing, since the event is EQUAL to previous older classic version. Is this funny for you?

Oh, and congratulations to the BrainMan (always the same person, i hope) that decided to stock the claws entrances ONE PER INVENTORY SLOT.
    10 entrances, 10 slots. lol

Unfit to plead Game Developers. Sad to admit this. You (each one of you, developers team people) should personally admit it too.

9. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

so I did this event also, no unique drop from karabossa normal as per usual, although I notice she has been made much easier to kill. no scrolls for hard either (didn't have enough fairy wood to complete quest progress) just some claws. thought for hell of it would run hard map just to see and was very disappointed to see that its exactly the same as normal map in every regard. monsters no harder, drop no better. I can only assume that karabossa on hard is more difficult, but guess I will have to wait till next time round if I even bother then.

all in all very disappointed that all the feedback has been ignored and mostly that the drop rates are still awful. maybe they want this new unique set to be massively rare. if that's the case then make it better as no one will ever use with its current stats.

taking away the ability to buy scrolls also makes it so much harder as to even get the chance of a scroll and entry for hard I need to run the map 4/5 times to kill 2000 creatures to get scroll.

no thanks

10. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

1) New set is way too weak if the plan was to monetize access to that hard map. The new set is kind of inflexible - it only is useful if you have awesome hp, armor, and crit hit elsewhere and a monster weapon. Even then, warlord set still looks better balanced. Maybe somebody else can figure out how to use it, but that set needs some more hp and armor.

2) non-boss Monsters along the map are too easy to defeat in both maps, and drops are very weak. That being said, I did solo hard karabossa yesterday and he did drop one legendary and one extraordinary.

3) not a huge fan of bumping then entrance cost up to 10 frags.

4) maybe consider including a quest to get hard boss scrolls somehow

11. rpfo

rpfo Padavan

Newmoon is just the same , in one easier way.
    1- The new set as we all can see is not for defenses.
    2 - Where in the game u get speed like in this set?

Im sure after all the disapointments there will be plenty of players with at least 1/2 parts of the set.

New set will give some speed for players that dont have it ! If ull loose armor / hp / resist by equiping them , get other items with the things ur loosing in case u wanna use the set. Simple!

But same map, same weak mobs , same terrible drops are the bad side of all. At least kara in hard map and also mobs drops some pinks / legs. So ppl that get claws shouldnt drop it , farm hard map , i got pinks in all of my runs (better than normal map ;) thats just green and white rarely)

alchimista likes this.
  12. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

why would anyone want tougher mobs to kill with the same crappy drops?
    i ran hard a few times so far,for what? melts? fun
    got 2 pauldrons 90 damage 5,76 speed the other was like 91 damage and 4,56 speed,yawn 0-o
    its hanging on my wall collecting dust atm ;)

alchimista, Troneck86 and misterbean like this.
  13. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

[​IMG]

:/

alchimista and Dragenstein like this.
  14. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Just to add some minor stuff to the current feedback... I find it hilarious that they didn't even bother to make an icon for the hard scroll... nah, better to use the icon of an Improved Myrdosch Magus Parchment xD. The rewards displayed in the event window are also very chaotically arranged. No, why put each set in a separate row or even better, make the prize-display section larger, to include all main rewards (this goes for all events with such a feature). Really, this new New Moon event is so sad, it's funny.

Troneck86 likes this.
  15. Ikarian

Ikarian Forum Greenhorn

The fact that "Karabossa's Fairy Claw" doesn't stack must clearly be an oversight. Look forward to it being fixed :)
    Jullov is a waste of time. Make one of the gardeners a boss. Make him spawn a little less if you feel the extra occasional purple item would upset the economy ;)
    Repeatable quest for less than 1 silver? Waste of time. Remove it or make it useful. Is there like an achievement that gain you the title "Sucker"? "Do 1.000 repeatable quests with EDIT reward".

Last edited by moderator: Dec 17, 2015
  16. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Claws... they have a database, called something_static. The extracts from there were posted in the ask CM thread. There is a table in there called something_item. There is a record in there that represents Claw. That record has a cell, an attribute of a Boolean or Integer type. It defines if item is stackable or not. 0 - not, 1 - yes. Or vice versa.

That database is recreated everytime user launches the app. The contents of the database are being refreshed from the server if the package with the database was changed=dirty. Even Haruki or someone once said they now can tune some things without a downtime.

The fix would take 1 minute max to update the DB manually or write an SQL script. It would take 5-10 minutes to update the database on the staging and live environments, with no downtime. And it is fixed.

But we all know it is not. The reason - they don't care.

Darwarren and misterbean like this.
  17. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Here I go again..., the worst part is that I really struggled to give any feedback, because, even with the few months I've been here, you are already managing to make me feel it is utterly useless, but okay, let's keep pretending you listen and I'll give you my 2 cents on this.

Here's the thing, only once I farmed enough fairy wood and decided to complete the new moon event, and it was so tedious and felt so unrewarding that I decided not to do it ever again, maybe get just one scroll, team with people and kill Karabossa a couple of times to see if I could get anything from her, so, you can picture how excited I was when I heard the event was going to be reworked and a new set launched!, the hype was real, to be honest, then I see the stuff from the TS and I prayed to 5 or 6 different gods for it to be a bad joke, but this bad joke made it to the live server, the hype train was wrecked.

But let's keep going, shall we?, the drop in the normal map is junk, the monsters are weak enough to bore an average player like me, and Karabossa, who was the real challenge, is now a wet origami spider, but I told myself: "hey, easy yo, maybe the hard map feels a bit more challenging and rewarding, like some sort of PW-ish experience", guess what I found?, a big fat NOPE, monsters 1% "harder", same junk drops, same mechanics, same quests and a huge lack of ways to get scrolls to summon Karabossa inside hard mode, and she was, well, yet another origami spider, but not wet this time, her papercuts hurt just a bit, but still burns easy, and about her drop, I don't care if she has a 100% drop for, at least, an extraordinary item, I can get that one elsewhere with less boredom and grinding involved, and if you ask me about the new set, I care for it even less than I do for an extraordinary item, that's how bad I think it is.

Ways to improve this, it would be redundant to say any, since you collected feedback for more than a year, yet you ignored it completely, and throwed out the same content with the word "new", big and shiny, but you delivered a product with NO quality at all, and proceeded to actually do all the opposite of what the whole community asked and in a matter where all of it was agreeing in for once.

May I ask one more question, open for everyone who can please clarify this bright idea for me: If you were going to raise the drop for realm fragments and the price in fragments to go in as well, what's the point?, this is supposed to change what?, thanks in advance.

Sincerely dissappointed, Reshi.

ViktorG75, Morinphen, Theusen and 3 others like this.
  18. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Came late to the party and everyone's done all the whining already. :eek: Guess I'll just have to add a few suggestions.

• hard map is too easy
      • add some champion bosses randomly scattered throughout map
      • make ice minion a champion
      • make sure said champions have appropriate champion drops
    • too many claws, too few hard scrolls
      • balance out the drop rates a bit
      • make some kind of quest to convert some number of claws into a hard scroll (eg. 5 claws for 1 scroll = minimum of 6 kills of normal kara for one hard kara kill)
      • make hard scrolls earn-able by means of some kind of repeatable quest
    • chievements
      • consider revisiting amphoraes btw, i have almost 200 keys and nothing to spend it on
      • ones for killing kara normal/hard a certain number of times
      • (is there one for completing the gear sets? if not, there should be)
    Conspiracy to wreck our mice even faster. Already on my 2nd mouse for DSO, might need a 3rd one soon. :oops: (Look on the bright side for those striving for the 10k realm frags chievement though. You'll get it faster.)

Kiwigal1244, alchimista and BigPapa like this.
  19. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Witch chaser gives 11.1% speed, so we are only talking about 7.9% difference between the two, assuming 3 perfect 6% speed pieces.

50% crit damage is nice, but getting enough crit hit value is problematic as most of the easist ways to get the most cri hit value involves a %crit boosting helmet - typically armor of darkness helmet or witch chaser helmet and set bonuses for thos two sets. The other alternative is the 25% crit ring.

Now, if that premium crit/damage belt were to pop up, that could work with this and keens, yachaks, roshans or sparks. But then, that crazy belt shows up, it would be seriously disruptive.

I've destroyed one Logitech G13 gameboard and on my way to destroying a second (a warranty replacement). But my g700s mouse is still holding up.

20. Theusen

Theusen Padavan

WHY BP? WHY do U still want reviews???

U DEVs know U have done a TERRIBLE job, yet U want feedback? Why? U dont listen to ANY feedback we give U, so whats the point?

For more than a year, we have told U that New Moon is a BAD event, but U dont listen! Lets count the ways U PHAILED miserably (again)

*U claim the event is reworked, its not! All U did was make the monsters a lil' easier to kill, but nothing else is changed!
    *U make a duplicate map for hard, and make us first go through easy, and THEN go through "hard" map! (Did I mention that U still have to make preparation during non-event on the same map in order to gather wood?) So we basically play the same map endlessly for no rewards!
    *The new set SUX! The old is still better, no matter how U slice it!
    *New inventorycrap to fill out our allready filled-to-the-brim-inventory? And on top of that, U dont even make the claws stackable???!!!
    *U devs claim U play the game, but even at first runthrough of the Reworked Moon Events, its clear that that statement yet again is a blatant LIE! In order to play the hard mode, U BOTH have to get a claw AND a scroll... Now after playing 25-30 runs (1 on hardmap cuz a friend had the scroll drop), I have 11 claws, and no scrolls for hardmap! FILLING 11 inventoryspaces!!! CMON! Thats STUPID! ...even for U guys!
    *Jullow still sux! In our guild, we tend to just run past him, cuz he simply isnt worth the time to kill him to get 5 progress! He even takes longer to kill than Karabossa!!!
    *Droprate in general is REALLY bad!!! Compared to Qs or anything else for that matter, mooneventdrops are hands down SUCKY in all aspects of dropping! And improving droprates by 50% is AWFULL! 150% of "really bad" is still REALLY BAD!
    *Compared to Full Moon, where we at least can skip some of the boring parts, in New Moon we HAVE to go through the map from start till finish... U devs have claimed time and time again, that U want more action in the game, but New Moon isnt action! Its BOREDOM! I can do the math on how many maps, U will have to play pr. month in order to complete New moon, but that would turn this invane review even more invane!
    *Bugfixes? Nope! The event is still buggy, but U dont mind us having buggy events, as long as the bugs cant be explored! If they can be explored, they get fixed right away, if not they stay there for YEARS! For example: The dude that gives us the buff to kill Karabossa, when he is killed, can still be mindcontrolled!!! He has HP and attack like a miniboss, yet everytime a mage mindcontrols him, we have to wait till the mindcontrol is over, before we can attack him again! That bug is MORE THAN 1YR OLD!!! -STILL NO FIX!

So to sum up: Reworked? Nope! U didnt even TRY and do Ur homework, U just sent out yet another untested release with no substance, no fun and no joy!

-No wonder U devs dont read this tread and no wonder U never reply, I would not read reviews on something I did, if I went out and did such a lousy job... again!

BAAAD BP! Now go sit in a corner and wait for the coals Ur stockings! SHAME ON U!

misterbean and Morinphen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.