same gems , different value

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by SUPERDOUPER, Mar 16, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUPERDOUPER

SUPERDOUPER Junior Expert

ok, now why does new gems have different value for each class? Where is the fairness in that? flawless amethyst of quizah gives to spellweawes 130 hitpoints, while dragonkights gets 169 hitpoints for exactly same price, how is that fair? Then why doesnt rubys and onyxes have higher values for sw than for dks ? wouldnt that only be fair, why should dks have the same dmg like sw and 10 times higher deffense? only in this game

2. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

Because while SW can just run and shoot, a DK has to get closer and might get hit a ton before he can even touch the SW.

DK needs the higher defense for that. about the rubies, it might be because SW's skills deal more % dmg than DK's. Also there is an amount of dmg that will be way to overpowered and we dont want any 1 hit ko in here.

3. CreeperS4

CreeperS4 Someday Author

As GodChronos says, the problem is in pvp but also in pve. As a mostly pve player, I can tell you one thing. If a war wants to hit enemies hard, you need to recieve damage, that's how rage works (all other 3 classes can spam big damage because mana/concentration/steam regenerates). So, if you go on Infernal (where mages, rangers and mainly dwarfs seem confortable farming solo), a dk will die in a few hits, before killing anyone.

I think this is the main reason for the amethysts' buff, where, in my opinion, diamonds and cyanites should work in a similar way for the same reason.

4. xmasholo

xmasholo Forum Apprentice

DKs are not mele characters, have 3 mid-range and instant skills with which they do a lot of damage

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Rage and HP regeneration almost infinite, a runner skill better than a ranger with which they can reach you without any problem, plus 8 seconds of immortality and now you say they also have better amethysts just for being DK? Hahahahahaha

YOU JOKER BRO

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Here is the counter argument:
    Why don't DKs have a 750% damage skill like Spellweavers do? Or a 400%+ 2 hit AOE armor break, or a stationary summoned thing capable of outputting 2000% damage over 10 seconds?

The answer? Because damage may be created equal, but % damage from skills between classes are not. A DK's max damage from a skill is 240% which is way lower than any of the DPS classes.

Meanwhile, the argument about a DK getting close to fight still holds true. The skills xmasholo mentions are not instantaneous and are regularly avoided by veteran PvPers.

Creeper is also right about the other classes being able to open with their strongest moves and then run until they have their resources back and timers cooled down. DKs only have one guaranteed rage generation skill (Furious Battle Cry) and besides that, the only way to generate rage are to get hit (by those hard hitting SWs, SMs, or RAs which basically converts HP into rage.

Long story short, DKs may get more HP out of amethysts, but the DPS classes get more damage (per skill) out of a ruby, so that argument holds no water.

6. SUPERDOUPER

750% destruction is utterly useless in pvp , dks alreday have the highest base and item hitpoints wich is ok , but gem should be the same for every class, why should i spend money and then get someting of a less value than an other class , how in a hell is that fair? and dks have already unlimited stuns , axes with critical etc so stop your whining

7. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

Werent you the one who created a thread to whine? Rangers have a quiver which gives them critical etc, SM/dwarf doesnt even need any critical, How is that fair? If you are scared of stuns then just dont get close to them and evade. Also who said you even NEED to spend any money? lots of players here play without spending a single penny so if you dont want to, dont. I'm sure more updates will come and change more stuff and then we will get a whining thread about how DKs are so weak against SW and more and more and more. This stuff always changes. Just wait a few weeks to see how people handle with the new changes and then we will see about the gems again.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  8. XxkalèlxX

XxkalèlxX Forum Greenhorn

Destruction is useless vs DKs. its true that it deales a lot of dmg but it doesn't kill them and u have to stop to hit someone with it but if u stopped u are dead

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  9. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there heroes,

So far as we know, it is intended. It is intended different classes have their own (new) gems with different values.
    We are waiting for an answer from our team regarding "why" it is now like that. ;)

Cheers,

10. _Baragain_

If destruction is useless, how come so many mages open up with it and hope to get lucky? There are plenty of times in 1v1 that they'll get lucky because of it's huge range. In 6v6, when used with the cool down cycle method, it is excellent for dispatching turrets. In 5v5, when there is a large team battle at a base, a well timed destruction in the chaos can easily turn the tide scoring the mage a double or triple kill.

And, as I always say in these whiner threads, "Then go make a (whatever class your crying about being OP) and play one of them." There has never been a better time. The changes mean that everyone is rebuilding their characters, so you have a chance to start fresh.

I think it is rather obvious, but some people will always cry about fairness being unfair.

Here is my solution so that they can all stop crying. Make all HP gems worth the same for all classes, but then increase the %HP DKs get from knowledge since they are the tank class after all. That should more than balance it out.

P.S. I don't remember people complaining that DKs get higher HP lines on gear, but now the fact that DKs get ~30% more HP from gems and everyone loses their mind.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  11. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I see a lot of destruction in endgame 5v5 pvp. Many spellweavers like to aim it down the chokepoints near the bases and at flagrunners, and especially at flagrunners in the chokepoints.

Destruction is one of the reasons why flagrunning thru the backchannel is tricky. As is machine gun and the thorn attack.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  12. SUPERDOUPER

if im paying something with real money and getting less value than an other class ofcurse im gonna panic , and this only shows how dk players are narrow minded , you all wanna be both dps and tanks

13. _Baragain_

You still seem to misunderstand that a ranged class's goal is to not get hit to begin with. You are not getting less value out of it if you are playing right as defenses in the ranged classes can be seen as more of a safety net to damage than increasing your ability to soak up damage. You claim:
    but isn't that exactly what you are saying? You already have the DPS (see post #5) advantage over DKs, but are upset that, for the first time with gems, DKs get a defensive boost over the rest of the classes.

In the past, a single Ruby given to a SW, SM, or RA is worth "more" to them vs a DK because their skills have higher damages. A single Amethyst given to anyone gave the same HP to everyone. Now, a Ruby still benefits SWs, SMs, and RAs more than DKs, but DKs now benefit more from Amethysts.

So suck it up, or go make a DK for your main.

Take a look in the mirror.

14. SUPERDOUPER

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
    Some men, you just can't reach.

15. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

Over the last year that i started playing DSO, i have played about 4500 1vs1 games and i have to say this, but mostly mages are whiny little EDIT. Over the time i have been called runner cause i don't take the hits, i guess. All other classes besides DK have massive dmg and long range skills, so they lack somewhere else. I have seen mages/rangers staying still and attacking hoping that it will 1hit K.O the target. But guess what we must avoid some hits too. We only have 8secs to do the job. So with the new update DK needs some more hp than the others. Deal with it...

Last edited by moderator: Mar 18, 2017
    _Baragain_ likes this.
  16. SUPERDOUPER

you should stick to the topic , this is an issue of discrimination and unfairness in a grand scale and if we let it pass and be silent about it we just give them more power, but i guess you are too blind and naive to comprehend importance of it...

17. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Is that just about DK or archers and dwarfs also have different values? That I don't get.

Also, some of DK are reaching 100k HP already, so the point of their need of more defence on gems is very questionable. Items should be balanced with items, skills with skills. DKs have unlimited stuns to balance the distance.

And I confirm destruction is completely useless in PVP, advanced players are not using it. You can only kill someone by accident using it with it uber slow cast. It is being used by no-one, similar to EA into the hallway kind of play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.