Feedback Saphire ->Rune rafine

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Demon, Mar 3, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

You think the Sapphyre rafine system is :

Poll closed Mar 3, 2018.
  1. Not OK

32 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. OK

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. Totaly wrong idea.

21 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Need some tweaks

17 vote(s)
    25.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mestamer67

mestamer67 Padavan

With this solution i can rimane with my old gems.i dont understand why 2 runes and 2 slot for it.why?why not same 2h weapon 1 rune with 16% speed?simply they want nerfed 1h weapon.live this 1h weapon to the game.this game dont have choose.only 2h weapon and gn.

2. Arx_X

Arx_X Advanced

you totally missed the point of my reply...
    In case you haven't noticed , every time we complain about something they find a way to make it even worse.
    so my statement was purely sarcastic and was meant to be interpreted like " careful , this is not the worst case scenario, they can do worse than this"

MikeyMetro likes this.
  3. krawler2018

krawler2018 Junior Expert

the gems should be available for all weapons , i mostly use 2h weapons because i didnt manage to find a very very good 1h weapon, id rather make double the damage than use 1h weapon and use even more essences for enemeies that require using them like full moon or the sewer event

4. bibiaivaldo

bibiaivaldo Forum Greenhorn

ofc it is kinda not bad, but what to do for new playrs what don`t have saphires?
    play 4 ears to get same runs like old playrs got in 1 day?

5. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Some of us old players played a few ears to get the sapphires we have

...just sayin ;)

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Dragonnns and Yogo like this.
  6. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I'm not good with sarcasm. Usually miss it.
    And two of my toons (SW/DK) have/had 5 sapphires total (3 Sapphires & 2 Polished Sapphires), so I'm really getting the shaft on this one.
    I've two other toons (RA/SM) that I don't think have any sapphires at all, and possibly will never ever see a speed gem/rune. And on Tegan I've another SW that is in the same boat as my Agathon RA/SMs.

Those who benifit the most are the ones that had a slew (3, 6, +) of Flawed Sapphires on A toon.

EDIT @ 5/13/2017 @ 8:05 am MST ====================================================
    It took some hunting, and because all the feedback threads are closed, this is the only place that I know to put this info.

The only place I can see to get Runes of Celerity is from Zumpe in Kingshill for the redonkulous price of 10 Gilded Clovers per Rune.

In 1.5 years of playing, across ALL my toons, I've had a total of 4 or 5 Clovers. My SW has NEVER played in the arena and completely ignores the 3rd column on daily quests. And that system is so messed up that I'd never get those quests completed. Hell, I doubt my SW could ever complete the normal arena quests.

As is, none of my toons will ever see 10 Clovers and thus never see anymore Celerity Runes.

I see that Zumpe has 100 Gold for the price of 2 Clovers.
    How about some merchant selling 2 Clovers for 100 Gold???
    Then we could have access to Rune's of Celerity.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  7. -{Gabriel}-

-{Gabriel}- Active Author

Or you could say jam your runes and keep your Sapphires it is what I have done
    My reasons
    1 Sapphires of any type should be able to be used in any adornment or weapon of your choice 2 or 1 handed people have either cashed or farmed andermants for the Gems
    2 After using Andermants to purchase the original Sapphires BP now wants to charge us more andermants to convert them to runes ??? Yeah not happening
    [EDIT]

TwiliShadow likes this.
  8. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

[​IMG]

There are no other refiners (sapphire to ruby and sapphire to onyx) :eek:

EDIT
    ======

(facepalm)
    They are available only in the shop (T)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  9. ArunaSky

ArunaSky Forum Apprentice

Few years....yes. Lets do some math:

1. Old player with full royal saphires not converted to runes. Old player has 70% speed which new player cant have ever! Everything else like items with speed, farming/bying runes..are available for old players as for new but 70% speed on top of that are not available to new player not even for milion years, no metter what he do. And its a big deal. Its not mount or pet or colour. Its huge disadvantage.

2. Old player full royal converted to runes. Old player has 5x16%=80% speed in grand runes. New player can have grand runes by bying them with clovers and some can drop in full moon. 4% speed grand rune in full moon I never saw, ppl around me also never saw, so i cant calculate this. Clover we can have from daily and gambling. You cant gambling, crafting and have glyphs at same time. New player without glyphs and without items will put effort to gain this before gambling.
    Now clover from daily..I had 24 clover from January 1. till today. 24 clovers in 7 months is 3,42 clover monthly and 41,14 per year. Price for one 8% speed rune is 15 clover. We need 9 of them for one 16% rune which is 9*15 clovers=135 clovers. For 5 we need 5*135=675. With 41,14 clovers a year trend, its 16,4 years!!!
    And thats not all...while new player putting all clovers in speed runes, old player in his game time bought other runes (armor, cooldown, travel speed) while speed gems he farmed and bought with anders.
    Even if full moon drop some 4% runes and gamble drop some clovers, again this 16,4 years would not not be 4-5 years nor it will leave space for armor/cd/travel speed runes!

So who with common sense would even considered removing saphires as good solution??? Its HUGE disadvantage in game. Its unacceptable!
    Old players put time/money to gain saphires(runes), taking that from them or forcing them to do something with that which they dont like is not option. They worked for that. Same time this huge disadvantage that new players face is not there guilt. Why are they punished? For choosing to play this game? :confused:

I dont know how hard is to implement gems with 0,0x values, we have enchantements like that, runes like that, so why not gems too. So saphires can drop again just not as %, but as 0,005-0,66.

What is other solution? All old players must leave game or prevent new players to come and force all who are in game less than a year to go?:eek:

PS. I am sorry if i choosed wrong topic for saying this because this one is about gem-runes refine, but i saw mickey post and that makes me calculate a bit. i didnt want to open new tread because one opened few days ago were closed bcs people couldnt be civil. If i should move this post somewhere else i will do it.
    Good day to all :)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  10. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Both old and new players are having valid objections ... but you should understand that it were not the players who wanted these changes to happen.
    As far as I am concerned ... they should have never removed the sapphires.
    But in same time they can't take people's investment over the years .

Shabono, Yogo and MikeyMetro like this.
  11. ArunaSky

Yes, I understand that. I reacted on Mickey's post because i thought that he didnt calculate how big is that issue for new players. But rest is about BP decision to remove saphires from game. Thats why i said:

12. MikeyMetro

I would just like to point out that I am not a three fingered cartoon mouse :p

Beyond that
    What he said :cool:

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

13. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Wow ! Your getting clovers that fast???

I've been playing for 22 months and I've seen around a whopping 1/2 dozen clovers so far. That's 6/22 = I'll never get there in my lifetime.

14. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

I think they should put the Speed runes on sale for andermant and the one hand runes to drop on karabosa if they want to be equality between new and old players.

15. ArunaSky

Really?:eek: 22 months on lvl 40+ and only 6 times clover??? Are you sure you didnt miss something?

Ohhh sorry about that :oops: 30 days no cartoons for me :rolleyes:

About other thing...I have never said that saphires should be taken away from old players...I said the opposite:
    As Traki said they should have never removed the sapphires.

But it is as it is...and now we should ask some solution for new players.

I dont see reason for old players to be against this. They can only benefit and lose nothing. Also BP can make some extra money. win-win situation.

16. MikeyMetro

A couple of points;
    There is a degree duplicity in your argument. You complain that you are at a huge disadvantage compared to longtime players yet you have no issue with being at a disadvantage to P2W players o_O

As to the length of time it would take to get a speed equivalent of 5 royals that is an extreme scenario. In fact most longtime players are average like me. It took me 3 to 4 years (not exaclty sure since I took one long break and played a couple other toons as main for a bit) to get 3 Royals and some leftover large sapphs. After the upate that allowed me to refine the xtras my att spd was 1.80. Currently my best speed is 2.19 but that increase did not come from gems/runes. So could this reasonably good att spd be achieved by a new player under the current game meta in 3 to 4 years? I believe so. It's just not going to be with doing moon events and using clovers alone.

Also note that Traki's main (which is also a longbow RA like me that was played with more motivation and dedication than I ;)) only plays with 1 higher speed breakpoint than mine even with 5 royals. Speed gems are simply not the panacea you believe them to be.

The argument I have against introducing new gems with absoluted speed values is simply that a mess cannot be cleaned up by making a bigger mess. If in fact a new toon cannot be built to be as capable in 3 or 4 years as an old player is today due simply to the sapph situation (which I believe is an unfounded assumption) then a better suggestion would be to introduce more ways to get celerity runes faster.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

17. Redkiller12

Redkiller12 Forum Great Master

I think that a nice idea that can help new players would be to make a monthly event Sapphires' Fortune(just like the event with the increased % to find items).That event would be live for a limited time per month,such as 1 day or 12 hours or something.By that time,monsters would have a chance to drop sapphires (gems,not runes) along with the other gems,but their drop chance would be lower than rubies'/onyxes'.

18. ArunaSky

If I start to complain about P2W situation, would it change something? Will BP stop to sell anders and stuffs that can make player stronger for real money? If there is any possibility this to happen i will complain, but i dont see point in that now, just waste of time and energy and proly some bans:( Also what i see possible to see in game is suggestion from which BP can make profit. Anything else will be probably ignored complitely.

5 royals was one example. For one 16% rune we need 3,28 years if clover drops as in my example ( for some its even more, for some can be shorter). You have 3, its not 3-4 years its almost 10 years for us, and you have some more speed gems above that 3 royals as you said, and in same time armor/cd/travel speed runes while we need to put every single clover in speed.
    I know that there are also other places where we can have some att speed but it was available before too and this is not about that.

Its not about me against you or me against old players. This is BP fault. They need to find way to fix that.
    And maybe, just maybe, community can be civil and united in finding solution good enough for everyone.:rolleyes:

19. gun

gun Forum Great Master

If I see this:
    [​IMG]
    I see the player's ability to gain game item. Regardless time & money being involved.

This is something that is incomparable to another player's ability in regards of having less benefit in the new system.
    How many factual cases that are in the game that reflect a player competition as to close his/her attack speed gap with the old players because of the new system?

My main is a 2H DK, I grouped with old 2H DK with crazy fast attack speed and also met him in PVP. Yes! he dominate our group play and our pvp. Thinking of the new system. I also think.. Yes! It's unfair as I'm not able to obtain that gem anymore and build my DK as he did.
    But at current time.. I don't have that gem yet as I haven't yet put as much as effort to obtain the gem as he did.

I play & have fun in this game in current time not the future. So what do I lose? I can not think of one..

I don't know the future.. If I may guess, most likely when I'm on top of my peak, the old players who have this sapphire gem already gone or not active anymore. So their benefit that I thought earlier not relevant anymore.

Consider to create your own fun regardless what BP did or other players condition.
    Unless being in loosing side is your definition of fun. I'm afraid you just wasted your time.

ΣMiwel and MikeyMetro like this.
  20. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Yes. I'm missing the massive time requirement, time which I don't have, needed to do PvP. My score there is 0. And without doing PvP dailies, the possibilities for clovers is very far and very few in-between indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.