Suggestion Server Changing

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by OriooN, Jan 4, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

a better idea is showing in real time how many people r on that server Atm..(just not the green bar cap),then u can choose which one u want.
    no lumping,no transfer of toons.simplicity :D

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  2. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

True. But it will take from 1year to onwards to take a good effect. Maybe 6-9 months if some new heavy payers would pop up.....

3. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Good point!
    While DSO is at it, why not move the USA servers to the Eastern States, and give better service to Central and South America? California servers for 2 continents seems like such a lousy service choice, but it must have been really cheap. Too bad the Western USA (Tegan) has found something else to do (if this is really true).

4. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

They have stated they are looking into server changing, so I will not comment on that.

Mergeing servers is not a very good idea. Always when you merge servers you loose 10 to 25 percent of your active users. Also you have to have one side be the ones that have to change their name create a guild and have all of their buddy lists removed. They have to leave the transfered server active (being from Germany and servers in us make it that much more difficult) for the people that had something not transfer over correctly.

5. DesertKoala

DesertKoala Forum Pro

I guess I'm confused as ....as usual. My daughter plays EDIT. When she logs in, she can see about 20 servers and their various real-time population size. She chooses the server and presto her Toon is there. Same goes for EDIT and EDIT. I'm not sure if I could mention those as they are children's games and not competitors to DSO. I apologize if mentioning them causes a problem.

Net-net, I wish we could avoid merging servers for the reasons mentioned earlier about lag. I do however, wish we could arbitrarily select a server if our nearest-geographical server is too quiet and we need some PVP. That to me seems best and it is a model countless other games use today.

Last edited by moderator: Jun 2, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.