Bug ShaderServerBase Error.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by HatzeFlatz, Feb 1, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Modelstate

Modelstate Forum Greenhorn

Copy / Paste the line of Booger73 and it should work.
    It did for me so thank you.
    Do you have the (x86) in the Program Files folder ? course if not remove that and try.
    It's for a 64 bit system.

2. RKmeldor

RKmeldor Forum Apprentice

Does anyone know what causes this. I have two computers, one is working just fine, the other has the error message mentioned above "failed to open shader package" I am following the instructions above and at least it appears to be working as explained

right click application on desktop
    click on properties
    change this : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Drakensang Online\thinclient.exe"
    to now say : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Drakensang Online\thinclient.exe" -stable
    After I saved changes, I now opened again and the patch seems to be currently downloading
    After about 4-5 minutes the patch finished, looks like it is ready to log in
    As instucted above i have closed app, and did the reverse

changing this : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Drakensang Online\thinclient.exe" -stable
    to now say : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Drakensang Online\thinclient.exe"
    I started program normally and now login in successfully

Thanks all

3. DjROSI

DjROSI Forum Greenhorn

mine wont download mcafee says it could have virus :(

4. ToshiBoy

ToshiBoy Someday Author

Thank you, @booger73

5. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Hello

There are two ways how to fix this error, both suggested by players:
    1. suggested by @booger73 - You don't have to create Test Server account, just follow these instructions:
    2. suggested by @trakilaki - Use your browser and head to Test Server, create account or login to existing one. Start the game and wait 5-10 minutes, until the game loads the files. Close the game and log in to your live server account.

Cheers.

6. squeekmouse

squeekmouse Forum Greenhorn

The problem was fixed rather quickly but I don't feel that players should lose their log in bonus since it wasn't our fault that we couldn't log in. Any plans to restore log in streaks or provide chests for days lost?

7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

From the very beginning it was obvious their CDN is the issue.
    Many players including me ... have lost their login bonus streak in the past ... due to some technical issues. They won't restore you anything :)

VukChe likes this.
  8. sjwing

sjwing Forum Apprentice

How do you fix this problem on a mac? I am getting this error on many maps like kingshill and nauhatian and cannot play the game in browser on mac only with client and cannot start game in browser on test server either on my mac only can download client. Is there a way to fix this for mac?

9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Can you go to TS with your client?
    If you can ... you have your solution there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.