Shiny Dust Failure

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dragonnns, Dec 14, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

I am having problems crafting Shiny Dust if there is more than one gem in the slot. If I click the up arrow to max it out, often, the screen changes, the gems are still there, no dust is created and there is only a "Revert" button but it is lowlighted. To get things to work again, I have to close out of the crafting window and come back. Sometimes, I even have to do each gem individually. Is this a known issue?

[​IMG]

2. Kingman.

Kingman. Forum Apprentice

I have not had that problem before though i have had the one where they will not turn to dust and all you get is the revert option up, which seems to be when it is a little busy. Changing to a quieter district seems to sort that out.

If i have stacks of gems to convert i find it much easier to use the blacksmiths melt gems option if that helps you. On other games i know it is possible to split stacks in your bags if you dont want to convert all of the items, but i have not bothered yet to look to see if that is a possibility here

3. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

I'm on Tegan and I've had it happen when I am the only one in that city so I'm not sure that that is the issue. I have never had the Melt Gems option work at the blacksmith. No matter what I do, nothing will get socketed into the melting window. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

4. Kingman.

Kingman. Forum Apprentice

You have to drag them into the melt window, annoying i know rather than just right click them as you would to socket them

5. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Thanks, I did that but then when I clicked to melt them, nothing happened. They just sat there and the button to melt was lowlighted. Maybe something is wrong with my account...

6. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Board Analyst

It is glitched. Happens from time to time. If it happens again go to a different urban area and use different workbench or blacksmith.

Dragonnns and DocWhisky like this.
  7. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

FWIW, it appears that this was fixed in the recent patch. You can now right mouse click a gem and it will go into the smelter as expected.

8. dam18

dam18 Junior Expert

Check out the blacksmith.

Check out the blacksmith.