Shiny dust process broken

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by drlyn, Mar 23, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Tags:
  1. drlyn

drlyn Forum Apprentice

Been away for several weeks. When i came back, I found i can't turn gems into shiny dust on the workbench. I tried both ways - dropping a gem into the workbench used to bring up the dust option, now it only gives me the upgrade gem option. Selecting "shiny dust" from the "ingredient Crafting" menu shows me the gem slot to drop a gem in - but when i drop a gem in it reverts to the upgrade gem option. Help ! Am i doing something wrong?

Riete, Level 53 Ranger.

2. jeffzrx

jeffzrx Padavan

try the workbench next to the jeweller in kingshill

3. Anyki

Anyki User

Hello everyone,

It's a known issue being investigated. Different workbenches have different default behaviours. If you want the old behaviour, you can use the Portable Workbench from your wisdom tree until it gets fixed.

Cheers,
    Anyki

navelko likes this.
  4. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

After being frustrated by this "feature" on both the test server and the last few days on the live servers, I realized that there's a simple solution: No matter which type of workbench you use, if right-clicking an item in your inventory (rune, gem, cloak, etc.) puts the workbench in the "wrong" mode, right click on the item a second time to bring it back into your inventory, then a third time to put it back on the workbench which automatically toggles to the other mode.

So, if you right-click on an amethyst and the workbench and it pops in ready to craft up, when you really wanted to grind it to dust, right-click, right-click, and the amethyst is back on the workbench in grinding mode.

This works for cloaks, too, toggling between random crafting mode versus yarn unraveling mode.

navelko likes this.