Show guild n friends on mini map

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by fourtwenty68, Feb 3, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

be nice to see our guild members n friends on mini map,like it does for group,use diff colors.

2. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

What a great idea. +1

3. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

I like it.

4. eetussa

eetussa Someday Author

this will be added to game

--MERGED--

in darkorbit you see guild members in minimap

Last edited by moderator: Jul 3, 2015
  5. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

I don't (always) want my friends to see where I am. It should be at least configurable.
    I often add enemies to friends, so I don't forget them.

6. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

If this type of idea would be made I think they would have to add function to disable whispers or I would have to start increasing
    the amount of blocked persons lol.

hempthegreen likes this.
  7. hempthegreen

hempthegreen Advanced

I want to add to your post, They should change the friend button on here. What i mean is I will go help randoms with something then some may add me as friend without my concent =/ then spam me for help. then they will go to block list ha! Should change it so the player getting the friend request has the choice to accept or say no.

Goddfree and fourtwenty68 like this.
  8. Hannai

Hannai Someday Author

Yup, great idea! Also would help stop stalking as well! I can block them but they can still see me online and use local chat to be obnoxious! And apparently you can't report anyone for posting hateful comments in local chat? People forget that kids play this game too.. granted the ones posting that stuff may be kids or have the mind of one but ya know.. game is supposed to be fun! Isn't it?! If people can't handle dying in pvp.. find another game! :p

9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Useless!
    Like showing your character in group search is not enough ... now someone can track you down. Drakensang GPS.
    Friends? Since when friend is someone who added you to his list but you don't even know him?
    Besides you cant track someone in private dungeons ... and who is playing open maps anyway.

10. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

maybe they should change the "friends" list to "acquaintances"list ? just for you lol
    or maybe you shouldn't play MMORPG games at all. just single player games:D

11. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

It should prove very useful for tracking PvP opponents, and planning battles.

Want to know which nemesis is in which arena, check the "friend's" list!
    Want some surveillance for a gang fight or a bushwack in the wilderness? Check the friend's map.

12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

[content removed]

Exactly why they are wanting this. To bother other players with their stupid fights in open maps.
    In the arena you don't need it ... because all the players are already marked ... who cares if it is a friend or not ... if it is not my color it is a target.

Last edited by moderator: Jul 18, 2015
  13. kelluehey

kelluehey Forum Apprentice

showing friends and guild members on map would be good :p, but the problem is you cant see any of the NPC's if you have a lot of friends online in the same place! but its a good idea :)

14. Ladies, please! You're all pretty. Now... put your claws away and chat nicely.

This suggestion was included in a Weekly Report to Big Point months ago with a few slight modifications:
    1) that it be optional - i.e. can be switched on/off
    2) that the "friends" have to be mutual friends - i.e. they each have to have the other on their friend list before they can obsessively stalk each other.

15. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Did BigPoint ever get back to DSO, or are they more of a black hole, from which nothing returns?

16. @Darwarren A valid question. Lets put it this way: feedback from further up the CoC has been a heck of a lot more active and supportive lately in regards to ideas/suggestions/concerns than it has ever been at any other point during my time on the DSO team.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  17. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Perhaps that is why so many projects seem to be coming together.

You may have a future in the diplomatic core.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.