show what you have

Discussion in 'Dragonknights' started by Spyke00, Dec 26, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. AGKING

AGKING Forum Apprentice

Try to farm temple, i got them from there, and don't use atlantis shield (very bad shield lol), use another 4 then u will get 10%hp 20%armor and 60% block rate set bonus.

Multi-Sev likes this.
  2. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

My DK has less armor and slightly less (7900) HP and I tank khalys with no potions every time I kill her. You're not gonna like this, I know, but the difference is probably the shield. Or, maybe you need more resistance; I can't remember if you ever said what you had in resist.

Khalys and the clones shoot andermagic missiles, so you need resistance to block some of that damage, though I think her melee attack is physical. You can get hit by those clones quite a bit, sometimes, depending on how much damage your team does and how fast they can kill them.

I think if your resistance isn't at least 20%-25%, or more, combined with a block rate that isn't that high (magic/elemental attacks can be blocked by shields just like physical attacks)... you might have problems tanking Khalys. For me, it's like going on vacation compared to Destructor :D

[Edit - If you have a Cloak of Shadows, or whatever (Sargon Event), it will help a lot against andermagic attacks. I had one but I found that I didn't need it so I just melted it when I got the 1000 gold cloak.]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  3. Master0fpuppets

Master0fpuppets Forum Baron

But you have a much better sheild mate, I have a crappy one with 1300 total block rate and it's gonna stay that way, I just cant open legendary sheild any more, I have been opening them for to long now, time to pause and concentrate on the other gear, like getting more damage ect. I do not have Sargon Cloak (Cloak of Gloom) am not that lucky.

4. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

Believe me, i have farmed temple...
    And i did never even think about using the shield! This new set combines pretty well with justice. Thanks to the blockrate i would actually get an blockrate above 55% even with justice, and the 1k hp works very well then!
    But now i can say one thing that is needed in your set!
    With the 20% bonus armor, your amor should be way higher;)
    Try to lower your hp and get some more armor, it works better.
    Try this, im using it whenever im deciding gear:
    http://drakensang-free-online-mmorp...042-calculating-your-characters-strength.html
    9k hp and 4k armor would be better;)

5. Beaztmode

Beaztmode Forum Connoisseur

You underestimate the power of a 2hand. :) You heal a way better than with 1h. Furthermore with a good mage you can spot a guardian which can tank for you - but I don't need it. ^^

Mortis is difficult because of his fog. I need only more experience with tanking him - I tanked him only few times.

How much essence you spent on khalys and mortis?

6. Master0fpuppets

hmm ... maybe

It's not fog it's puddle. :p

Any where from 0 to 600, it depends who am playing with, khalys.
    I do not play mortis, for now I do not need anything from him.

7. Beaztmode

It's FOG! :D

Dayum, 600 in one run? I have only 600 when I have a very bad group. ^^ I need in average 300. :)

ThorHeredur likes this.
  8. Master0fpuppets

ok, it's a puddle :D:p

Let me be more clear, form 0 (zero) essence to 600 essence, if its bad group then 600, if I play with my friends then 0 blue essence.

9. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Yea it is. I have't been tank for Khalys in almost a month because it is so expensive to respec my gems and skills, but it is that easy. I only had about 8k hp and 3k armor and a decent shield. It just takes timing and a little skill. My goal is to get my armor and damage up high enough that I can tank her in 2H mode.

10. Beaztmode

Sure I can tank her without blue. But we talked about blue. :p

11. Master0fpuppets

I'ts like you guys dont suffer any damage when tanking khalys, that's how it's sound like and it's imposible. :rolleyes:

What's whit you man? I told you 2 times how much blue I spend. o_O

12. _Baragain_

I take damage, but between careful use of dragon skin to recover and well timed full health orbs, I don't die.

13. Beaztmode

It's ok. :)

14. Master0fpuppets

Agree.

Well maybe We (not just you and me) have different opinion on what easy tanking is, to me it's when I tank some boss and take very little damage with no need to use dragon skin, now Khalys is anything but easy tanking.

15. Multi-Sev

The thing you described sounds more like Gorga-hard or Sigris-hard, which are more like sleepwalking than tanking for veteran characters ;)

16. Master0fpuppets

Yup, thats easy tanking alright. :D

17. _Baragain_

Here is my point of view. Tanking a tough boss requiers decent or good stats and some good timing and a little bit of skill. Tanking mobs for others requiers skill, good stats, some timing and good support from your fellow teamates.

Master0fpuppets likes this.
  18. Muscle

Muscle Forum Pro

I agree, nice build up you did ;) I have almost the same,just waiting to get Keen's Power and then i'll post my stats(I Have Cloaked Wrath) :D

Multi-Sev likes this.
  19. Multi-Sev

If I find another one of those belts lying around here, I'll trade you for a spare Cloaked Wrath ;)

Muscle likes this.
  20. Muscle

Muscle Forum Pro

If it was possible, i would give you 3 Cloaked Wrath's for only 1 Keen's Belt lol

CrackWhoreBiscuits likes this.