show what you have

Discussion in 'Dragonknights' started by Spyke00, Dec 26, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. babu_o_babu

babu_o_babu Advanced

You may be right, however, 46-48 is not the end game level and also it's not possible in a day or 2 to find items with near perfect stat. At the moment we all have limited information about the stats in level 50 times, so, I am not sure it will be wise to say critic hit on level 50s items will be bad.

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I'm not expecting to find a 4 line crit belt in 1 day where all 4 lines are 250+, but when the biggest line I've seen on an Exo or Legendary is about 190, there is almost no way that even a perfect item will get crit up to a usable % again unless the developers modify their curve. Also, it doesn't change the fact that there are people with low level legendaries that, at only LVL 45, would still trump a good LVL 50.

I would rather they use their old equation, but change the value of the constant and the value of the enchantments. Make a good LVL 50 legendary have 300-350 crit, but with a LVL 50 constant of about 4K (This is the amount that it takes to reach 50%) With 8 lines of 350 crit and at least one % multiplyer (Like the Witch set) could get a player to just over 3.7K (which would be about 48.3%), and if they were a SW/RA/SM using a book (or a DK using an axe), they could get up to about 5.2K (56.25). This would also force these old players to melt their existing OP legendaries as the price to upgrade would out weigh the gain, and convince them to find new items. They could then reinvest their glyphs, but would then be on an even playing field with the newer players.

Using my suggestions, we would also see the diminishing returns which makes people have to balance their crit with their other items to make smart choices. Here is a simple graph. The Orange is the 80% max. Under the R155 changes, we would see the red line. My proposed changes would give the blue line. The point where they cross is at about 7100 crit for a rate of 64.0%. For those that love crit, I'm sure they would rather see the larger crit numbers on items, but with the red curve as 80% is almost attainable. Those players like me that like to refine their characters and have to think "Is this good for my build?" would likely go with my blue curve because they get more out of it early on.

[​IMG]

In conclusion, with the current crit hit values, rates of greater than about 20%-30% are not feasible for newer players (Even when using an offensive offhand). However, an old player with two old, full crit items (1.1K each), an offensive offhand and a % bonus could hit 40%... which proves that those old OP items are still OP. The only way to make them not OP is to change the equation and to change the max values of the enchantments to make the old ones useless... not this stupid linear crap that the Devs came up with.

Please note, the 4k constant for the equation is just my rough idea... that could shift a little, but I stand by my oppinion that the diminishing returns is still a better game mechanic. That is why it is still in use with armor and resistance... in short, "If it (the equation) ain't broke, don't fix it." And if it is broke (the existence of OP old items), then fix that!

Dionysos, Yogo and thebearreturns like this.
  3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Well you can check this thread I will be posting all the items I am about to find https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/any-pics-of-46-50-weps-and-gear.67704/#post-628837

4. _Baragain_

So, I felt like sharing some of the max stat lines that I've seen so far in R155 at LVL 49/50. Because I'm DK centered, I'll post here and then leave a link in the thread trakilaki left above.
    Here we see a 1030 Crit line... Crit may be next to useless these upcoming days, but that little line right there is worth 9.29% crit chance all by itself or 14.13% crit chance between the two lines.
    [​IMG]

I saw a 101 damage line on a 2H sword (Two of them actually:p). Too bad it only has 29.5% weapon damage... otherwise I'd be showing off a killer weapon.
    [​IMG]

Highest HP line yet:
    [​IMG]

Here is the highest "Non weapon" crit lines I've seen (One a weapon decoration and one on a piece of jewelry).
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

If I see some more impressive numbers, I'll share.

Xaite, thebearreturns and Yogo like this.
  5. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Could you be so kind and show how that Trophy levels up to level 55 please? I am interested in Critical hit value cos' my low level one has got around 1030 in 3 bonuses which is not too bad comparing to the one you show here. I wish to know how many GoP you would need to level up that Trophy to 55?

6. Phoro

Phoro Someday Author

Here are my new stats :=)
    [​IMG]

Xaite likes this.
  7. _Baragain_

Here you go.
    [​IMG]

Yogo likes this.
  8. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

I hoped for that Critical hit value bonus to reach over 400.. well then my low-level arrows will be still ok:) Thank you for posting.

9. _Baragain_

And look at the price... 18M.

10. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Not much if it's only 18kk - one can farm it easily in 5 weeks- BTW right now GoP's are not an issue with the upcoming feature where one will be able to extract GoPs from already upgraded items without having to smelt them:) - I would have to find 3x critical hit value arrow in Lor ' Tac do replace my Low -level ones... I could get 10kk GoPs back:) Who knows.. who knows:)

11. xEthnic

xEthnic Living Forum Legend

This wasnt announced yet and i cant find anything about that in the Database, so i don't think that it will come this year or if it even comes.

12. trakilaki

What database?
    Yes it was announced by Greg ... though he never mentioned the dates.

13. xEthnic

Dso Database. Where the magic happens.

14. trakilaki

Ohhh you mean that ... like "leaked" info page ... which is regularly advertised on Twitch by Greg? Ah yes it must be "leaked" info ... i believe BP ... just like I believe Microsoft that crazy 5 year old kids are cracking their software. :)

15. Greekhell

Greekhell Advanced

I know that database page I still laugh with their knowledge tree leaks

16. xEthnic

Yeah same here. I only copied what was in the Database, and this method seems the most logical to me :D
    It's still in the database like that, still have no clue for what it's for and why bp put it in the database

17. _Baragain_

BigPoint is at it again! This time, they are activity nerfing the already crappy crit rates even more. They aren't even having the decency to leave old items alone. I logged into test server today and saw that my item had lost 55 crit overnight.
    [​IMG]
    The only way that I'd agree that this is even remotely acceptable is if it is also happening to the old low level legendaries and making them fair now compared to the stats that you can get on new items. But... if that is the case, the R155 will have yet another "Feature" that will piss off and alienate even more old veteran players. I still say that the better fix is to increase the magnitude of the enchantments of future items such that the only logical choice for the old players is to melt their old items and replace them with new ones... at least then, you aren't "stealing" from them after the hard work they put into finding them and leveling them.

thebearreturns likes this.
  18. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

^its a test sever,they will be nerfing and adjusting only the level 46-50 items from time to time.
    best thing to do is show a lvl 45 leg to a lvl 50 leg,,the stats should increase dramatically and not stay the same or fall below a lvl 45 item.
    if they do,tell the TS these need to change.

19. _Baragain_

Highest HP line I've seen on a shield yet... This thing puts "Justice" to shame.
    [​IMG]

Darwarren, BigPapa and xEthnic like this.
  20. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

And a bargain at only 91 million Glyphs of Power. How long will it take to earn that?