Suggestion Spellweaver needs change

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by rogue07, Jun 4, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue07

rogue07 Someday Author

so, in other words: a bug infested bone?
    ...sorry, I'll go back to my corner now

why u wanna see my stats? :v
    this thread mostly suggests getting SWs a means to heal mid combat - that is not the magic missile joke.
    and making frozen sphere a bit more practical for soloing, due to the ranging limitations of the final impact, whereas the AOE skills of all other classes have no specific range requirement - either close range AOE or long range impact AOE.

p.s. making bosses un-tauntable is beyond me ._. like... why
    guardian damage is laugh-worthy as is, only good for tanking, but it's only usefulness also gone during bosses.
    solo: fast bosses will just wipe the floor with you while you're casting, since guard cant keep their attention.
    team: over dps the tank and then prepare for a game of tag, because once again - bosses can't be taunted.

I understand that with PW sets, eventually SW damage becomes strong (just like any other class, the issues still remain) but in the end, you still can't heal mid combat and you're not the most mobile class.
    will check it out later :) thanks

2. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

Do not open it as a 3D : if you think so, it is not a discussion 3D but your personal whine against others. BTW....

Reving teammates costs andermant to all players, not only to SW.

PVP mechanism are essentially part of your skills.

You can remove debuff ( slow or stun ) with 2 active skills : teleport and ice nova.
    As for DK with 2 anti-debuff skills.

Rangers have 2 anti stun skills : jump and blade dance ( if talented will burn concentration and they will not use others skills )
    SM have 1 anti stun skill : jump ( if talentend will burn steam and they will not use others skills )

Did you really know game mechanism ?

Yes. Take it as your own risk. You want a one shot skill with no penalties ? Seriously ?
    As before : here the whine come from your lack of pvp abilities.

Cast time for skill are same for all classes.
    So with same stats : if you are low casting fireballs mage, you will be a slow ranger or a slow dwarf or a slow dk.
    Check your attack speed.

Frozen sphere is not that best skill for pvp.

In PVP : you mostly use "Eagles , Flag , rain of bullets and magic nova" to force players to move in your desired location ( not as a real direct damage source)

The most problem of this 3D , is your lack to use your "best" class. and not which answer will you receive from the community.
    Do not open it as a 3D : if you think so, it is not a discussion 3D but your personal whine against others. BTW....

In the end : If you are not confortable with SW, try another class.

Llogos likes this.
  3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Yes ...because either your SW is underdeveloped ... or you are not playing it efficiently ... or both.

You don't need healing ... SWs are fast and agile ... they are avoiding hits.
    You are talking about using frozen sphere against ranged classes in PvP. You can't use a mid-range skill against ranged class.
    As for PvE ... I am not even using frozen sphere at all.
    Try other skills and combos.
    That would be jump and adrenaline.

Llogos likes this.
  4. rogue07

rogue07 Someday Author

1: you dont need healing because you're agile as a mage? you're joking aren't you?
    i know you've been around for a while but seriously?
    Rangers are 2 times more agile than mages and no cast times, BUT can heal from 5% to 100% hp

i.e. your argument is invalid. you probably just don't want SW to become more practical.

2: i never suggested frozen sphere for PVP, you're pulling things out of context.

3: my SW doesn't matter here, I didnt come here asking for my SW to be buffed individually.
    no matter how skilled an SW is, in the end; a ranger, a warrior and a steam mech of the same skill level as you will have less difficulty soloing anywhere than you --- why? because healing.

many veterans just disagree with any suggestions because at this point they know nothing will change and just want to troll -- or fear the slightest that a specific suggested change would make their specific class or playstyle no longer better than the other.
    or just don't want a newer generation to have it any easier than you had it throughout your years here.

leaving all skepticism aside. focus on my point, if you simply disagree then just disagree, your arguments against this was invalid.

4: jump and blade dance, adrenaline can nullify stuns and freeze, but blade dance can instantly change location.
    try to be less patronizing, because while i may have less time on this game than you, i still do have other classes and i like to experiment.

i think i covered all bases. have a good day now.

---MERGED---

1: i dont know what the heck you're talking about. i made the suggestion there to eliminate the assumption that me or any other sw or the intent of this thread was to be a demand to nerf other classes. just a small buff to mages so we can heal during combat like EVERY OTHER CLASS.

2: reviving... um, thanks captain obvious. i dont know if in any way i made a complaint about revival system. the entire thread was 80% about soloing. unless you have an imaginary friend spending anders to revive you.

3: yet again, captain obvious. im done explaining semantics here in the pvp mechanism. read my posts and figure it out. get off your high horse and being so patronizing.

4: at the opening of this thread i made a statement not to call out on skills or individuals, which you were too blind and arrogant to see.
    if im not comfortable with sw, then change?
    only 2 entities capable of suggesting that, either God or Developers themselves. neither is you. keep on topic or please kindly keep your opinion to yourself.

I was clearly making a valid suggestion here asking for mages to be able to heal during combat like every other class in the game, just to make things fair. MAGES CANNOT HEAL AT ALL DURING COMBAT. while rangers, dk and steam mechs are all capable of getting back full hp from their skills --- mages CANNOT.

if this doesn't explain my thread enough, then please keep from further derailments.
    there was no need to personally call me out or tell me to quit my class, just because you're completely against any change whatsoever.

Hopefully the mods will remove unnecessary off-topic and personal attempts like these from this thread in the future. as it is both unappreciated and not productive in the least.
    i may not have been around for 5 years like some of you, but i made a valid suggestion, so please refrain from this nonsense please -_-

mages deserve a means to heal just like every other class, making excuses about mobility is absurd, we all know rangers are the fastest of all, and they have the second strongest healing prowess in the game. and mages have less hp than all the other classes as well.
    mechs can place a turret and run around while occasionally using steam conductor for hp WHILE dealing damage.
    dk being the up-close class, it goes without saying they deserve the healing prowess that they have.
    rangers can call up wild pack and heal to full hp while dealing damage - also note that mark slows bosses making running that much easier, and to some extent more capable of hit & run.

this is the last time I'll explain my thread again.
    its disappointing enough as is knowing how little chances there are of devs even noticing this suggestion, the last thing anyone needs is players calling out other players and blaming each other when clearly some change is necessary.

(im pretty sure there were those who disagreed to making realm frags auto loot just because they didnt want some newbies to have it easier or just disagreeing to troll players that actually want the game to get better)

Last edited by moderator: Jun 8, 2017
  5. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

@rogue07 please use the "edit" button.
    I am merging your posts for a last time. From now on they will be deleted as spam.

Cheers.

6. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

I just want to say one thing rogue, I am reading everything you say and thinking one thing, you have never played other classes very much have you? When all classes have no sets, the mage can still can use fireball about twice as much as precision and 4 times as much as explosion arrow. With dk, they have been really messed up with 2handed solo. My point is that everyclass can weak or strong. When I pvp I find there are mages that are so powerful it hard to imagine anyone stands a chance, then next pvp match, my gosh this mech kills me that fast. Next one that ranger can just spam explosion arrow, oh did I forgot to mention a dk just runs around just killed 3 players at once with mighty wild swing.
    You can complain all you want, every class has strengths and weaknesses, some classes are better at one thing while others are better at another. One thing I can agree with is that mage needs more skills for crowd control. But crowd control isn't about how fast you can kill a crowd just how well you can guide and control it and mage is the second best at doing that. THing dk only because agro skill.​
    My final say is to relax and play the game and realize that other classes have strengths that you don't. The biggest thing what makes the mage really powerful is the q8 set. get that and much will change, obviously it won't make you op alone.

I wanted to add if, you need help, just ask the questions and many will answer. I personally don't have the mage as my main, but because I like to play with mages and know a lot what is good for them.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  7. rogue07

rogue07 Someday Author

sorry :/ the post was super long... i thought using the edit feature would just consume half the page and it wouldnt be read.
    will keep in mind from now

kinda harsh because its not been a week since i made my first post... still learning how to use the forums properly.

with how harsh a reception im getting from you, i get the feeling im not very welcome here, although the forums were made for the players.

i wish we could just stop focusing on the PVP aspect already.
    please read my last post again, at this point i honestly couldn't care less about pvp changes.
    my focus is the PVE aspect. and in that, just the zero healing capacity.
    i dont mind other classes having strengths that i dont. i actually appreciate that as someone with multiple toons.

but healing is part of the META now, since all classes have it, mages deserve it too.
    sure q8 is op in terms of raw power, but other classes get there too.
    but in the end, q8 or not, a mage still has more than 50% less survivability due to the fact that there is no healing.

and the road to q8 is also hell on its own too, without the healing meta.

once again, pls no more "its your fault you're a noob LEL" posts

1: you clearly disagree with the healing because you dont need it? maybe at your current position in the game perhaps not. but realize the fact that, newer players arent the same.

the second all these classes unlock their healing skills, their entire experience on the game becomes twice as easy. why must SW suffer as much as they have to until q8?
    whereas the rest arent.

2: yet again, another claim on skill... sigh... yes i dont get hit often or at all, but when i do - WHEN I DO - unlike every other class, when playing SW i dont have a contigency plan to get back that lost hp. one mistake is fatal for SW.

3. from the start i said the 5 point magic missile upgrade is pathetic joke. almost zero practicality in terms of usefulness compared to every other healing skill in game. which is why im talking about a revamp of it, even if it has to be taken out to do so, to create a better means for mages to heal mid combat.

4. i kindly asked people, which includes you to stop personally involving me and calling me out here... and yet again you do so, looking at this entire page, whereas the first was decent, this page has completely forced my thread to spiral downwards because of you people being unable to resist your urges to post "get good noob lol"

so okay, lets say i am a noob, do i not have a right to make a suggestion?
    why must SWs have a harder time getting to q8 than other classes?
    how is it logical or balanced for one class to have both less hp than the rest and not have a means to heal mid combat
    i dont care by the least how OP you may feel at q8, you have long forgotten the struggles prior to that.

do you remember dying once or twice or more in deeps of demise as an SW when either goblin or lightning mini boss spawns? because you cant heal.

but rangers and mechs and dks can afford to lose some hp while SW CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE ANY HP.

its not okay for one class to be left out of the healing meta and have the game be that much harder than the rest.

p.s. i honestly have zero interest in your little game of hide and seek.
    thank you for being another one of the people who caused a decent suggestion thread to plummet directly into the archives because you can't help yourself from trolling and disagreeing with a newer generation.

newsflash, without newer members, this game will die out completely, so perhaps one or two minor tweaks such as this might be just what everyone needs. the longer the "newbies" stay, the better the chances of less p2w inflation, server stability and better and more frequent events.

either way, its clear that more than 2/3rds of the entire "veteran" community dont care in the least about the game, just self absorbed bunch of ...

ill know better than to get involved in these forums from now on, thanks for wasting both my time and effort spent in actually trying to make a helpful change. wheres you and the last couple of you, cared for nothing more than a few LOLs.
    enjoy your trolling.

this thread has been successfully derailed
    close thread please.

8. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Guess I'll have to disagree here as a SW, if you're having more trouble than a similarly equipped RA (for example), you need to get good ..., at handling the crowd control capabilities of your SW :p.

Ehrm, also you're wrong, we mages can heal if we want to, but I've never used the only healing skill of the SW 'cause I don't need it, and I've seen very few people using it, if you play and build correctly you don't need to bother wasting 5 skill points there.

Teams of mine have had Dwarves that never ever use their steam conductor to heal while farming, and when playing higher difficulties like Fatal/Infernal I, RA's wolves/tree have so little survivability that the healing they provide is, at the very least, laughable.

Great SWs, and mine is not, are even soloing some Infernal bosses, I can do a couple of them myself, that's without any healing skills, there's even some average SWs that are clearing PW maps without much trouble, and I'll quote Baragain here, play smart, not hard, build wisely, have crafting goals and your eyes on the item sets that will help you achieve your goals, since achieving this is more likely than a significant change or redesign of the SW class since they're ok, we have other classes that need reworks more than SW (Offensive DKs and Crit-less Dwarves)

On the other hand, it's a bit sad to see that the only way you have to defend your arguments is covering your eyes and ears against other opinions without throwing back any substantial argument whatsoever, and in some points you only expose your lack of experience playing the class you chose, instead of throwing a tantrum here because people (even fellow SW like myself) disagree on your "analysis", you could open constructive threads in the SW area or read the existent ones to help you improve.

Oh, and welcome to the internet, people will disagree with you more often than not no matter how hard you shriek against it, instead of asking the mods to "clean" the post you should read what you've been told, speaking of which:

Descipher the hidden message, I'll edit it visible later if you can't find it. :D

trakilaki, Shine2 and Mal3ficent like this.
  9. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Hello @rogue07 and welcome to DSO English Forum.
    Just as any other player you are very welcome to use it and actively participate in this forum.
    However, before you start using this message board you should read our forum rules first.
    Consecutive posting is being treated as spam in this forum.

Cheers.

10. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Yes, just as much as we have the right to debate over it and point its flaws.

No, actually no, but my point stands, I reached the mildly comfortable spot where I sit now just like everyone else, without healing on my SW because I observed the strenghts of my class instead of mourning over its weaknesses.

Dragonnns likes this.
  11. Llogos

Llogos Junior Expert

Veteran players have more knowledge of this game than you. Nothing to do with fear or anything else.
    No decent SM will use the healing on PvE for the reason that what can you do with 0 steam because you used all available to heal? With what you will shoot? Quick shot and heavy shot only? *facepalm* By the time you manage to kill everything like that, you just wasted the healing as you will be dead. And for the ranger, plenty times becomes deadly and not helpful to summon the wolves/tree to heal.

SW doesn't need healing. No good mage is using even the existing healing skill. They don't need it. The DK needs it. If he doesn't heal, who will tank the enemies for the rest to kill? You? A mage? Who?

As for the suggestion of guardian and healing, then it should be 1 min cooldown as the wolves, moving around with you as the wolves, and to make it even more fair, to have the guardian skill with the mana cost equal to the wolves plus to unlock the skill at 35 like the wolves and 39-40 the healing as the wolves as well.

I can tell you more, but never mind. Improve your gear and your game skills, and you will be fine.

trakilaki and Dragonnns like this.
  12. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

That would actually be terrible, since the guardian's purpose is to help with kiting monsters, not as a significant DPS source nor as a healer, it also dies so fast in fatal/infernal if you fail to protect it (just like RA's wolves/tree), that using skill points on a "healing guardian" would be a huge waste, and still not needed.

Dragonnns and Llogos like this.
  13. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

So, I went back to the original post because the rant has been that no one is taking the suggestions seriously. I then re-read the various posts from the original poster and it seems that, depending on the argument, either this is a PvP issue or it is a PvE issue.

To rogue07, you can't state that there is no healing option for a SW as there is. You may not like it or use it, but it is there. It won't help you much in PvP in 1v1, but it can help when killing mobs in PvE. If you don't have the stats to survive in the maps you are running, move down a level. Or use that skill wisely to kill off the weakest mob member while using the crowd control skills to keep the little buggers from hitting you.

Adding healing to the guardian would be overkill. I'd cast that all the time, getting 10% HP back every 30 seconds. A SW's job isn't to tank but to deal damage. When soloing, use crowd control and run speed to avoid being hit. When in a group, let the tanks taunt the mobs/monster and when their taunt isn't good enough, run.

You will also need to get a thicker skin when posting. The internet is a wild and wiley place and many won't agree with you. They don't have to. In your first sentence or two on the original post you even admitted it.

Llogos and EhtovK like this.
  14. Llogos

Llogos Junior Expert

I agree with you.

15. Erebus

Erebus User

Closing at OP's request, best regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.