Feedback State of DSO: Leave your Feedback!

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Oessian, Sep 10, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark-kim-8888

mark-kim-8888 Regular

I noticed that there were very few people in the Cities.With each patch, there are fewer and fewer people..it's sad..but I am glad that I have a lot of time for my own affairs...thanks Bigpoint.

[Content Removed]

Last edited by moderator: Jun 22, 2022
    Айлейд likes this.
  2. remei

remei Junior Expert

Agreed - wasted a lot of time before on Full Moon event for rather low rewards, but with current huge nerf where I would have to spend 2x much time, frags and essences to get the same poor rewards, it made sense to skip this completely and use the time on things outside of the game. Dear Bigpoint, pls nerf more regular events so there would be less and less reasons to log into the game at all, thanks in advance.

mark-kim-8888 likes this.
  3. RantNRave

RantNRave Someday Author

Was full moon really nerfed? Honestly its changed from the slam 0-7 champions on mass entries, to actually running it the way it was intended, partially. What is a shame is the sunlair quest for shining silver essence, running mines for pebbles and all that noise for a 999 stack is a joke. They should all use the base scroll, basic essence or fix the quest so it doesn't suck so much. Theres no reason this essence quest should take longer than completing the actual event. These essence could be dropped in the mines, but they dont, it could be guaranteed on the rng chests from the 2 quests, but its a rare drop. Running 6+ mines for 90 pebbles is a hard pass for me (6 bosses and 60 barrels clicks yikes).

Yes its been reduced from what, say 67 to 40 progress on main island, however killing vargus nets 260 (merci), then going into bloodmoon over valheim secondary area, and being extremely careful to ONLY use essense to kill the 3 leaders + boss (some 300+520 progress+, if strong less than 200 essence used) and maybe some champs on the map.
    I completed it in around the same time, an hour, but with around 4-5 runs, instead of 15 champ spams or so. IMHO vargus drops make up for the champions reduction on main island part, I just wish champions were not random. all in all, vargus+champs still average around the same as before with just champs. A little more annoying to tap boss, but you can still avoid second area totally.

I'm just not thrilled using 3-5 amp keys for essences and avoiding all regular mobs, which is silly. I could understand the loathing from this for weaker people where shining silver essences could be another cash grab out of shop, 5-10 amphora keys, or run the horrid quests to clear the second area, where 1000+ progress drops in a single run.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  4. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

I am going to have to agree with the OP here.... The map server is crap!!
    1: Constant screen freeze entering and exiting maps, getting stuck in the VOID... to the point sometimes we have to hard kill the game to exit! This is 15 year old technology!!
    2: Players, when they can enter, colliding and pushing other players across the map. This is 15 year old technology!!! This is easily solved by having place holders for all party members... Think Star Trek Teleporter
    3: Mobs at door when you first enter.... with how long it can take for some players to exit the VOID and actually get in the map they can appear right in the middle of a fight and reset the mobs HP/Shield
    4: REPAIR BUTTON! I cant count how many times I have had to "Delete the DSOClient Folder" to fix a DSO problem. The is this new thing out thats called a repair button. For DSO it should Save your settings, scan your DSOClient folder and find the corrupted file/folder and delete that, then download a current version, reapply your settings and off you go...
    Or, at the very least... Save your settings, delete the whole folder and initiate a new download. When download is complete, it applies your settings and off you go...

I play other games besides DSO. How is it that low budget startups run better than a game that has been around for 10 years and for the bulk of them raked in the cash????
    And how is it that a game that is only 10 years old is using 15 year old tech and ideas??I believe these are all things you need to address BEFORE you try your hand at things like expansions and balancing pvp. PROVE you can solve tho most basic of issues, then maybe the player base will stop leaving..

Thanks, Doc.

cigarbennett likes this.
  5. Айлейд

Айлейд Living Forum Legend

and in the meantime, today is the day of the summer solstice.. and our developers, unfortunately, do not know that the event of the same name is associated with this.. just wondering when they will start the solstice event???

6. anacondry

anacondry Forum Greenhorn

I’m still waiting for the “mobile version”, it will be insane if you do drakensang mobile to fight against “Diablo mobile”

7. dawmjr

dawmjr Junior Expert

hard to play on 3000 dollar laptop how you going to play on phone

cigarbennett and Айлейд like this.
  8. edrogers58

edrogers58 Regular

Any reason we have 5 maintenance breaks in 2 days ? yeah you did a hotfix how about explaining why you can not do anything RIGHT the FIRST TIME

cigarbennett likes this.
  9. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Board Analyst

I had saved multiple smuggler passes that worth 2k..4k..6kander and now they only give me 200 ander each.
    I really feel scammed by this.

Im 100% done supporting this game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.