... still waiting for the day they fix PvP

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by IWantedALongUsername, Jan 3, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWantedALongUsername

IWantedALongUsername Forum Apprentice

like a broken record... PvP is not balanced and unless you are a high fame level player, unplayable...

tonight... once again... my legionairre (fame tree 19) alone against 2 Ardent Knight Spellweavers, and 1 Marshall Dragonknight... now, please explain to me again how this is balanced PvP? Ah, and I made a grande total of 5 fame points. That would mean, something like 65,000 battles to get to my next fame level... oh, yes, I am so motivated to stick in there, and try... or get my guildies to help me get up the ladder quicker... what's wrong with just limiting the fame levels that can battle each other? Why do I as a fame-tree-level 19 have to go up against fame-tree-level 40s and above? WHY? Bigpoint, please come down from your high horse and answer me this simple question. I have been asking it for more than a year now, and NO ANSWER.

I know, on the other hand we have all those n00bs complaining about waiting time...

If PvP was balanced and fairer, MORE people would play, which would bring waiting times DOWN.

... alas, I've been preaching this message for over a year and nothing changes.

2. AGKING

AGKING Forum Apprentice

Sorry, my English not good. Hope u can know what i want to say.

I agree. And most of high pvp level player are p2p some of them are heavy p2p, when u low level or just f2p its impossible to defeat them in 1v1 3v3.

So, maybe a player is interested in play pvp at first, but after play some games, he found he cant find any fun in pvp, becoz he always be killed, hes not bad, just low level and didnt pay so much money in game.

Then, u will found the players who play pvp are always the same ppl.
    And sometimes its very funny to see some heavy p2p players said something like
    "5v5 2 more or 3v3 1 more"!! lol, u want me join and let u kill easily and ur points can be higher?

And i think BP will not fix this, becoz the only way u can dominate pvp is money
    no matter u play skillful or not, money is everything, and BP needs money :).

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
    Brian1919 likes this.
  3. Darcous

Darcous Forum Apprentice

I got 24 lvl pvp tree and when i go pvp i always match up against Centurions or knights even higher level than me.Most of them are P2P so i never stand a chance..

4. Brian1919

Brian1919 Junior Expert

Stick to 1v1, it's more consistent. 3v3 is always going to be unbalanced because people can group. You've been complaining about this for a year now, and I have a hard time believing that the game is the reason you can't do well in pvp. In a couple of months, just doing the quest for the bear mount in 1v1, you can easily get to 35 fame. It's boring as hell, but it works. Look into your gear, and keep at it. As for them "fixing it", you're beating a dead horse. It'll be a long time before they ever make any real improvements. Remember the last time they tried to make it more balanced and everyone started crying about how long it took a match to start? Yeah, what happened next? They took two steps back because people weren't happy. There's no easy fix for this. In other words, give it a rest, we've read this over and over and over again for the past year.

5. Darcous

Darcous Forum Apprentice

I got a very good stats for my ranger and im winning 8/10 1v1 and about 7/10 6v6 and 5v5 but the problem is 3v3..I have done the quest that want 45 wins to 3v3 very easy in less that 4 days.I was low level to pvp and i had no problem but now i am higher and the game match me up iwth centurions,seasones centurions and knights..What can i do for it brian?Should i stop pvp..No i keep playing buti complain about the system match up..I know that when BP tries to fix 1 thing then 10 things break but they could make for example Centurions - Knights together so the lower pvp ranks could hold their selves to arena..Im a F2P and i have won many P2W but if he is really heavy P2W then there's a problem..Mayby you think i am new to this game but im the oldest greek player and mayby the oldest who keep playing in the whole game..I started one day after the game released to Closed Beta..I had some funny moments and i also couldnt write nothing more than numbers :D even my name was 6543 xD Go search it to the old greek forum or serrver heredur if you dont believe me..

6. Brian1919

Brian1919 Junior Expert

I wouldn't say it broke when they fixed it, the matches were much better balanced. Problem was it took 5-10 minutes for a match. If you're winning 8/10 1v1 matches then you're doing pretty damn well. Keep racking up the points there and then go back into 3v3 when you're finally a seasoned centurion. Once you get your fame up to 30 then it's a lot more fun. Doesn't take but a couple of months to hit that goal in 1v1. If you're doing well in 5v5, even better! More points! Until they do figure out something that will work with match making, why not stop rage posting whenever you get frustrated, because constantly complaining isn't helping the problem. When my car breaks and I take it to my mechanic and he asks what's wrong with it, I don't sit and yell "IT'S BROKE!" at him. The dev's know full well about this, and it's not going to be something that is easily fixed.

7. EpicGamer

EpicGamer Forum Apprentice

I have tank lvl 45 ardent knight of the order and when i registered to 1v1 a lvl 37 CENTOURION come to me.. *** ????!!!!!! then few hours later lvl 40 ardent legionnare ..... this is really unfair . Me lvl 39pvp vs lvl 20pvp . I hope they will fix this unfair matcmaking

Bearer-of-Death likes this.
  8. SchwarzerHengst

SchwarzerHengst Padavan

Why you have so bad enemies??? :(

9. Alright

Alright Forum Apprentice

Let it be known that everybody should definitely PvP when they are a lower level. I always feel bad when I see level 40 Recruits. They have no chance lol, but yeah they definitely need to do something about it. It sucks going up against Knights and higher.

10. Brian1919

Brian1919 Junior Expert

The problem with that is you run into the exact same problem. Since everyone is low level pvping, there's nothing but low level centurions or higher. I honestly don't think BP broke the arena, I think WE did.

MikeyMetro and Zokin like this.
  11. Alright

Alright Forum Apprentice

Well that is true, but I feel at the lower ranks you have more of a chance of vsing someone your rank. In the 40 area usually everyone is somewhere near Centurion.

12. Brian1919

Brian1919 Junior Expert

That is true, but you've also got to factor in the player's skill xp level as well since they can be well above or below you. I liked starting at 40, back before they raised the max level. It was a lot easier to gauge how bad I'd get beat, or how well I would do because the only factor there was pvp skill level difference.

13. IWantedALongUsername

that's not the only problem... ok, so you work your way up to Level 40 on the fame tree at - say - Level 30 on the XP tree.... that's great, until you hit Level 45 and suddenly you have all those guys that have been Level 45 for months and have had time to stock up on gems, uniques and the rest, even though you are high up on PvP... you will still get slaughtered every round. Only advantage is that by then you hopefully have had a chance to get your PvP quests completed and are riding around on an epic mount... for the rest of us, that's never going to happen... there is just no chance to get points as a low (fame) level in the arena when you hit (XP) level 40 and above. Today I did 25 battles, and got a total of 612 fame poins. And of those almost 400 were by accident when a high level Dragonknight went afk in the arena, giving me the opportunity to get him down three rounds in a row. But that's damn rare.

14. Callisto

Callisto Forum Pro

Please remember that last year the main focus of the releases was revamping PvP, its PvE's turn, yes there will be tweaks to PvP here and there, but it will not be focused on as intently for a while I reckon.

15. Brian1919

Brian1919 Junior Expert

That's going to be the same song and dance no matter what you do in any game. Someone will always be better, someone can always dump more money into it, it's just the way it is, and I don't disagree, it does spoil it for the rest of us when it comes to competition. But we also have the option to dump all our time and money into the game for those gems and gear,which is why these sorts of things aren't going to go away.

16. MorDerMe

MorDerMe Forum Apprentice

The problem with PvP in this game and others with PvP is that PvPing includes getting the best gear possible -- only accomplished if you buy, in real money, the anderment needed to purchase and upgrade those items. Draken has it right in that you can opt out of PvPing, so your game play is not affected in that way.

However, when it comes to completing the daily challenge, you cannot compete in the battles unless you are heavily equipped and heavily experience.

I just came from a battle where the players on the other team were not losing, or losing hardly any HP, even those they were getting hit pointblank. It is really no fun to compete in that forum when the opponent is so heavily experienced that you cannot affect them even with accurate and damage-filled hits.

Finally, it can take a while to get on a team for battle.

Bottom line: Need to match like opponents with like opponents. As time goes on, and those players become more experienced with PvP in the arenas, then there will be more opponents overall. Any player who argues differently is just farming the system and it really is no longer a game.

17. IWantedALongUsername

Well, if it's only money... then it's rich vs poor... which would be rather sad... I mean, hey, I have 5500HP and do close to 900 dmg without any buffs, which I would consider not bad... but, in the arena I get one-shot all the time... why can't they balance it... if there are people with 20,000HP and 5,000dmg... then let them battle against each other and give us normal players a chance to climb the PvP tree... or get rid of it altogether... why piss people off all the time... I mean, where is the point? I do pay money to play this game, and I pay a lot, but obviously not enough if I get one-shot all the time..? Just played then - and the usual overbuffed crowd was hogging the arena, and there was one spellweaver who did 9,500 dmg to me... like, edit?

Last edited by moderator: Feb 5, 2014
  18. ZmajodBosne

ZmajodBosne Active Author

BP clearly show f2p players need to leave this game...

19. GrendelSlice

GrendelSlice Forum Greenhorn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.