Feedback Storm of Bones - Event

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Mal3ficent, Feb 17, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Its all true if the monetization wasnt so obvious.

2. mjmuju

mjmuju Junior Expert

I couldn't care less if they want to monetize everything they have. They didn't rob any money from me, it's me who take full control of my money, not them. Give or take, more or less. Why so serious~

3. nvmind

nvmind Forum Inhabitant

I propose from now on the drop in all the events to increase with 1000% and the events to be made available only to the premium players. Right now you pay premium and also pay to finish the event. Not cool DSO, not cool..

4. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

So far the best drop rate I've seen is in Nahuatlan. It's the only map I seem to be able to get above +10% Exp (and maintain it). Most of the time I'm running at 8-10 for +20 to +25 Exp. Thankfully, right now, my quests keep taking me back to that map.

Bad drop rates in Cradle of Fire, Cradle of Life, Cradle of Death, Twilight Downs, Opal Shrine.

5. Totentamten

Totentamten Junior Expert

You can't get bone dust during new moon event. Everyone who wants to spend time doing new moon has Storm of Bones event 3 days shorter.

6. GoddessofWar1000

GoddessofWar1000 Someday Author

this is concerning buff purchases of any kind...whether it's for an event or just to beef-up armor for 1/2 hr.,
    whatever it is; i think it is just terrible when you purchase an 1hr. item or however much time...and you have to log-out with 45 min, 10 min. even 5 min. remaining on your buff, the timer needs to stop until you log back in. totally unfair on bp's part. i'm just saying !! these are the kinds of practices bp needs to look at....players are offended by this...and it puts bp in a very very dim light.

Last edited by moderator: Feb 24, 2017
  7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

So let me explain to you all why I was not playing the event so far (I am still at 460/4200 ... or so) :D
    You all think that every event should be done in day one ... well you are wrong. That is why this event is long for more than 2 weeks.
    As you may notice the event ends at 6th of March ... the content expansion starts at 28th of February ... doesn't that tell you something?
    To me it does ... I will wait for the expansion ... when i will be leveling my character to level 55 and actually make good use of those drops and the buff :p :p
    And BTW ... you will get better drops there in the new maps ... but you don't think rationally :D

TwiliShadow likes this.
  8. User330K

User330K Junior Expert

It's all true, nothing is against this all.

Actually For those who have no much time the only solution to finish this particular event is buying the 'meat'. (gives 10)

As I summarized ( i don't have much time either) the best choice is to choose Stillwater bay...
    There I got about 3-4 pieces a minute. which goes up to 13-14/minute if you use the biggest buyable buff.

I calculated with this a little bit, and came up with the conclusion that each buyable buffs gives about the same amount of progress for the cost of andermant.... To me the best choice is 3 times the 2500 ander one. Its about 3000 progress as whole with the main progress dropp amount. The rest can be easily done by one hour of play time or by even less till the event ends. When i checked it on TS the amount of coins it gave was just the same a weapon cost, 14000 conis... Maybe worth it...

Still no clue about what is in the box... With the BP thinking it might be some potions and essences... But who knows.. Im hoping some gems from the gesters.... I can spare some farmed anders for that weapon, even it has 0,000% when i saw ;)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  9. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Perhaps what traki is referring to is doing the event in the new maps. That is what I am thinking of doing On TS the drop is pretty good for me in the Great Desert in normal mode. Since my main on Tegan should be able to do at least painful mode quickly, higher difficulty if I can find a group, the drop should even be better.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

trakilaki likes this.
  10. trakilaki

Exactly.
    We will be leveling our toons anyway ... and that way we can level up and collect progress. And those maps are having pretty nice Bone Dust drop .
    Don't forget that in the new maps you can collect Bone Coins even without this event.
    They drop in the new maps (not Bone Dust ... but Bone Coins).

11. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Ooooooo. That will speed things up nicely. :D

12. .Baraba.

.Baraba. Advanced

If you think buffs <> + 25% exp that is ok, but drop on new maps are not so good as you "think" (or you should know that since you have toon there).

Second picking bone dust even if you finish progres will give you exp boost since the progres and exp boost are not the same thing.

And for the end... grindfest is what BP are doing last two years and when I said that grindfest will ruin this game mods put a "rant" label on my posts. Today is clear that many people live this game just because that.

Yes, you can get lots of bone coins doing 10 floor quest and runs on Dungeon of Dispere but nothing worth to by exept flying carpet (epic mount). Cant tell much about items since there are many of them that have 0,0 value for magic ench.

13. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I now join trakilaki. I no longer care about the Bone Dust... at least till Tuesday night.

I'm stuck at 48,000,122 exp. :) *sings:* I made level 50. *dancing around* :cool::):D

And I am at 708/4200. Thanks for the boosts while it was usable.

Update: Dangit. I was really hoping that the quest reward of exp (20k from Elements of Life) from just finished quest would add to the counter. Key word here is hope, in light of the level expansion. Just saying it would be nice.

Few more quests before I'm done with the "original" main maps. ;)

Edit 2/26/2017 @ 7:14am MST ===============================
    Maybe I should wait till Tuesday+ to finish the Cradle of Death and last map quests. Then I would get exp for them. :) Hmm... yes, if I play today, it's with Walakeli, me thinks. :D

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    trakilaki likes this.
  14. User330K

User330K Junior Expert

That's a good thing to know, helps a little to understand its outcome. :)

To me this means that the weapon and the other items available for the bone coins will not be truly strong. Which goes for the newbies to catch up faster just like the Tayaz meant to be. Its quite neutral for most of us. Maybe will worth some glymphs by smelting... we are going to pick them anyway, not to mention if they get auto pickup.
    But also means an another occupied slot in the invertory and an another garbage drop just like white items that aren't even picked up only by accident... An additional currency .... again....

In my previous post I was referring to that I wont have more time even tho the new expansion is coming. 1 - 1,5 hours a day, and I do the daylies so pvp takes its half, I wouldn't be able to catch the box without the buffs. And I guess im not alone in this.

15. trakilaki

Congratulations!

Your new objective --> [​IMG] :D

I don't think man ... i am making a statement :)
    I get lot of x5 drops there.
    :D
    Dude play it as you like ... i won't be playing it twice. I will collect dust, finish the progress and level up faster with the buff ... while not spending andermant on buffs. :)

[​IMG]

Contents of the Dusty Chest http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Dusty_Chest

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    Zed and User330K like this.
  16. User330K

User330K Junior Expert

Well... Kind of OK... Seems it worths the buff...

Any news about the reworked items and how this will affect the uniques? I guess there are tons of unique items that should be reworked... Or it only applies to lv50+?

17. Devlinne

Devlinne Forum Apprentice

Hi all!

If this question has been asked....I apologise.

I thoguht the expansion would come for a use for Materi prisms.

Maybe it did and i missed the info on what it's for?

Anyone care to enlighten me please? Thanks.

18. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Sell the prisms. One of the mods said they have no use and were just progress items like we used to have in old events.

Morinphen and Devlinne like this.
  19. Devlinne

Devlinne Forum Apprentice

Thanks for the helpful tip as always. :)

20. trakilaki

I think the rewards listed in the article might be incorrect :D
    I will have to wait and edit it when I have full info available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.