Storm the Fortress - DK tips?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Deefje, Nov 27, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deefje

Deefje Advanced

Hey I'm relatively new to the game. Level 26 at the moment and indulging in some pvp.

Duels are fine, I enjoy 1v1 a lot and can usually make a run for my money unless too far outranked or when opponents pop potions.

Though after a while it get's boring, and I wanted to try some group pvp. Storm the Fortress seems the most fun but I'm having trouble.

Anything that seems you need to do to to get the bonus points end sup getting me killed.

Destroying tanks is not an option, buildings kill me with 2 shots (like 90% damage a hit). I read about using the Dragon Hide skill, but I don't have it yet and with the one minute cooldown hardly seems viable.

Is there anything I can do to both help my team and get some bonus points? Right now I'm usually just tapping the little robot bombs once to blow them up(works great with the angry strike speed bonus) and even though it helps, it leaves me with hardly any badges at the end.

Thanks for the help! :)

2. Torefas

Torefas Padavan

I don't know for low level but after level 42 you got the ultimate weapon for 6v6 called Dragon's Fury.

3. partycrasherforever

partycrasherforever Forum Apprentice

how r u able to get storm the fortress matches anyways...they never seem to start and u will be better off with 5v5 or capture the flag,that is where warriors or DKs shine

4. Torefas

Torefas Padavan

In Heredur server 6v6 is easy to find at evening time.

5. Deefje

Deefje Advanced

Yeh some time it takes a few minutes but still.

I tried some 5v5 CTF but there's always some centurions up to knights of the order that unbalance the scale too much. I usually end up just stunning people as much as possible but again, that yields little to no honor.

At least in 1v1 I still have a chance by kiting around high (honor)level players untill exhaustion starts, and then try to gank 'm at low hp. Or sometimes I just get a cup o joe.

But anyhow, I was more going for tips on Storm the Fortress, but it seems it's just a DK unfriendly pvp mode?

6. partycrasherforever

partycrasherforever Forum Apprentice

storm the fortress is more favourable to mages//yes, but still warrriors without good gear and gems will get owned in any pvp match-it's a fact...in 5v5 u just need a good shield and armour then grab the flag use dragon hide and run in whatever fashion thts not too predictable to land a stun thts the only wayy to get fast honors,so start to farm and ID as many good gear as u can because u cant get by with magic gear like rangers whose mark and precision does heavy dmg even if ur gear sucks.....i am talking abt low lvl pvp of course...the story's is a bit different at high lvls :p where some warriors never die

7. Deefje

Deefje Advanced

Hmm fair enough. Well I was hoping it was something I was doing wrong though I'll just have to avoid the battleground.

My latest tactic was equipping a 2hander and just waiting for people with low health, then combo them with a brow+smash to finish them off. :)

8. Ningo

Ningo Forum Apprentice

As a DK on a low level you should avoid playing Storm the Fortress because it's not really made for knights.If you're the attacker the turrets are gona kill you fast and you won't be very effective at destroying them and they and it's hard to kill someone because of low range and turrets.As a defender the tank kills you very quickly so until you get Dragon Hide you shouldn't attack them.However you could help you team out by tanking the damage and killing opponents.Still I reccomend playing Capture the Flag for you and the Duel.Also you tactic with 2handed is nice but make sure you don't kill steal with it.If your ally damaged an opponent to low health if you just jump in and steal the kill your ally might get mad.

9. Deefje

Deefje Advanced

Ningo, point taken though it would also be silly to leave anyone alive for perhaps even an extra 2 seconds. If in those seconds the opponents would toss out an aoe stun it could turn the tide of a skirmish.

Anyhow, I really avoid CTF really. Since most of the higher ranked people seem to play it. CTF really turns into 'who get's the most centurions wins'.

At some point my team was basically being farmed by a legionnaire and centurion aoeing around the spawning area.

I read around a bit, and the huge difference in pvp level seems to be caused by the new mentor system, which is really sapping my will to play.

10. DJMoody

DJMoody Forum Apprentice

As people have already pointed out Storm the Fortress isn't really a game for DK's.

It's probably the PvP game with the most opportunity for fun but in execution it is so flawed and open to abuse it becomes stupid.

If you do keep playing it then check out the scoring mechanism. Damage dealt, death and kills and structure HP destroyed all play a part in the scoring. There are a couple different way to achieve points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.