Stucked in game, last hope

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by aranedhel, Aug 4, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. aranedhel

aranedhel Forum Greenhorn

Hello, i'm here because i'm stuck and disappointed that all the effort i put in my char trhough the years leads to nothing.

I'm lv 100, somehow i managed to obtain a decent 145 equipment, but i can't even do infernal.

I need 3 million of shiny dust and it's impossible on painful (the only bosses difficulty i manage to do). I don't like to be carried but i had to accept it, even though it doesn't help if not everyday at blood difficulty.

What can i do? i would really need an advice on some way to be able to farm to improve, without waiting hours in city to find a group who accepts to carry. I haven't found guilds with 50 active players and who would have the patience and chance to bring rookies without making more difficult any run and ruin the gaming experience. Maybe it's rethorical, but maybe someone has a good advice having been trhough the same situation as well. Thank you in advance!

tozagol and KATT like this.
  2. KATT

KATT Forum Apprentice

delete account, game capitalists brother;)

tozagol likes this.
  3. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

tldr; grind Great Desert to get Keys of Prowess (and other goodies); grind bosses to level up wisdom, gather gold and gems/shiny dust, plus boss-specific crafting materials; grind Temple Sector to drop runes when you're tired of the Great Desert (GD is also a source of runes); grind monthly events for a few key items + Draken to buy runes, essence, upgrade materials; run major events to get specific jewels, specialty rune ingredients, and other goodies.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

What is your Wisdom level? What level are your Runes? What level are your Jewels?

Do you have a plan for your Skill Tree and equipment suited for your character? There are some resources in these forums, but you'll probably want to brave DSO Discord channels to get building and end-game meta recommendations.

As you level up your Wisdom, focus first on adding Crit Value in the Wisdom tree. Mix in some Damage, HP, Resource (I main steam mech, so my Resource = Steam). Achieving Attack Speed 4.0 will give you a serious boost to damage.

Some Jewels are key:
    1. Jewel of Rage -- chance to increase both crit and attack speed on crit hit -- obtainable from an event
    2. Jewel of Focus -- you can have up to 5 of these -- reduces cooldown -- obtainable from an event
    3. Jewel of Gem Fortune -- each level upgrade adds one more gem from boss drops -- chance to get from jewel chests
    Other Jewels are more or less valuable and should probably be upgraded later after the above list (again, assuming you get lucky enough to drop / grind for them at some point). Save your Shiny Dust to upgrade jewels, not gems ... gems should primarily be dealt with later when you're richer.

For runes, max out 5 Runes of the Wisdom Seeker first ... if you haven't dropped that many, you can buy them fairly cheaply (at Normal grade) from Gnob using Drakens.

Other rune upgrade order (top of my head recommendations):
    1. Rune of Devestation -- crit value -- boost these quickly, too.
    2. Concentrated Solstice Rune -- crit + HP + ice resistance -- you need ingredients from the Winder Solstice event (plus the 3 base runes), so it takes a while to accumulate these, though you can now buy the starter ingredients from Grima using Draken each winter as well
    3. Concentrated Spring Rune -- HP + crit + attack speed -- need starter ingredient from Spring event, so you'll have to be patient waiting to build this out as well, but they're very powerful
    4. Damage, attack speed
    5. HP, resource, resource regeneration, armor
    6. others of less importance
    You also need tons of gold, keys of prowess, infernal passages (to get into Bloodshed / Parallel World Bloodshed difficulties), tons of shiny dust, tons of rune dust, realm fragments, consumable ingredients (to craft buffs ... primarily Vitality [HP] and Vigor [damage] buffs), bone coins from Qaizah dungeons (to buy the "vessels" you'll use to craft the consumables).

Try to maintain a rhythm of (1) running the Great Desert on at least Painful mode to kill special mobs + Kephre (spelling), the sentinel who spawns there fairly frequently without you having to jump in and out of the dungeon, then (2) taking the Keys of Prowess from the sentinel to do boss runs ... you'll get wisdom, gems, junk equipoment to sell, maybe a rune now and then ... and the boss' crafting ingredient. Focus on a boss whose ingredient is used to craft an early endgame meta-worthy item (e.g., for my steam mech I ran Sigrismar because he's not too tough, but I can use his skin to craft decent torso armor; Sharr Karab to get the ingredient to build an off-hand item that does physical damage, important when you want to do Mortis runs later on; Arachna to get her ingredient to craft a single-handed weapon; etc.).

Throw in rune drop runs in the Temple Sector in Atlantis because of the higher number of special mobs (normal mobs don't drop runes).

Run all of the monthly events: Full Moon (gem upgrade item; horde these until you're ready to start upgrading gems to Exquisite Imperial grade as the cost to upgrade gets more expensive every step of the way), New Moon (rune upgrade items; again, save these until you're upgrading Extraordinary runes to Legendary grade); Desert of Essence (you don't drop more essence in that event than in other dungeons, but you do earn a good chuck of Draken and some essence upgrade ingredients, and can buy more essence upgrade ingredients from Grima while the event is active ... the various elemental essence will come in verrrrrry handy when you're fighting tougher bosses in other events); Terrifying Shadows (progress bar rewards may not seem especially appealing, but you'll get some Dragon Bones and entry passes to do Mortis runs later when you're stronger to drop more Dragon Bones ... which are ingredients used in crafting end-game meta set items later on).

The grind is cruel, but you'll eventually start to feel stronger as you level up the right Wisdom tree points, Jewels, Runes ... and, eventually, gems.

You'll also hit a point where you can run Bloodshed for Blood chests which contain a ton of junk items to convert into gold, some essence (green, some blue, and on rare occasion, purple quality). Some people claim Blood chests are a good source of Andermant as well, but I've never dropped more than 50-ish at a time, and that only occasionally, not on any kind of predictable basis. That gold will be extremely key, because all of those Jewel, Rune and Gem upgrades suck up all the coins you can find for a long time.

I'd describe myself as mid-end-game now, where I grind enough gems/shiny dust and junk gear/gold to upgrade one or two higher end trapezoid gems every few hours during a boss-kill-intensive event on Bloodshed / PW Bloodshed. Shiny dust is harder to come by, so I've built up a stockpile of about 3.5 million gold. That'll probably start dwindling again as I push more gems up the Imperial tiers, but for now I don't bother grinding for Blood chests, just pick up random gear/gold from boss drops.

Kudos to you if you made it this far :) ... I'm too tired to bother editing it, but maybe some of the above will spark some ideas / questions we can help answer.

vegetadavid likes this.