Suggested Method of Crafting with Platinum Lines

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Zoltan, Mar 27, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Zoltan

Zoltan Junior Expert

Hi all,

As title says, seeking suggestions of crafting platinum lines. Pretty obvious what I am doing is not working as have only been able to craft 3 items so far with 2 platinum lines.

I have been upgrading single platinum line to legendary. From there waiting to get 4 legendary items with 1 platinum line and trying to craft them to get a legendary item with 2 (or hopefully more) platinum lines. Failing dismally and throwing away items with platinum lines, but can't see how I can improve odds.

Was thinking of just using 2 legendary items with a single platinum line each and putting in 2 items with no platinum line. Plus would be that I am not throwing away platinum lines but the odds would decrease astronomically of actually getting a successful craft.

Suggestions would be welcome.
    Thanks
    Zolt

2. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

All I can say is that it is a hard and painful road!

• Always wait to get two pink items with platinum enchant and then craft/revert 1/1/0/0 until you get leg with 2 platinum enchants
    From there you have two ways to continue:
    • First is to go 2/2/0/0 up to jackpot with 4/4 platinum enchants (more attempts & gold)
    • Second is to go 2/2/0/0 to get 3/4 and then repeat the two pink process once more to get 3/3/0/0
    Anyhow, gold and luck and random must be on your side to succeed .

Zoltan and _Baragain_ like this.
  3. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

There is a third. Once you make a 3/4 and a 2/4, you can do 3/2/0/0 while you work on crafting another 2/4 to make the second 3/4. It is still in the "jackpot" level of luck, but it is possible and if you have the gold, better than doing nothing while you wait.

Ouch... that is just about everything you could do wrong.

First of all, by crafting up a single line up to a legendary, you make future crafts crazy expensive.
    Second, by doing 1/1/1/1 crafts, you have a 75.5% chance of getting a failed craft and having wasted two lines for nothing.

In my opinion, Plat lines are harder to get than gold (currency, not lines), so I'd rather waste gold than Platinum lines. Dzungla gave you the only viable method.

Here are the relevant odds:
    An exo to legend craft of 1/1/0/0 to a 2/4 leg is 4.55% chance, or about 1:22. Reverting and repeating this until success makes the future less expensive.
    A Leg to Leg craft of 1/1/1/1 has a 24.5% chance at getting a 2/4 (21.76% or 1:5) or a 3/4 (2.64% or 1:38) or a 4/4 (0.05% or 1:1820) legendary. While this sounds good, failures mean you lose two lines and can't make another attempt for hours, or more likely, days.
    A Leg to Leg craft of 2/2/0/0 has a 2.69% chance of getting a 3/4 (2.64% or 1:38) or a 4/4 (0.05% or 1:1820) legendary, but with the advantage that you can put any two junk legendaries in the last two slots and try again.
    A Leg to Leg craft of 3/2/0/0 has a 0.27% (1:370) chance of getting a 4/4 legendary. This is better than nothing while you work on the second 3/4 legendary.
    A Leg to Leg craft of 3/3/0/0 has a 0.82% chance (1:122) of getting a 4/4 legendary, which is as good as it is going to get in terms of repeatable attempts.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    Zoltan and Dzungla like this.
  4. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

:D I'm doing it atm and haven't say a word about it!

Btw there is one bonus option for pink > leg crafting also: I often spend lesser plat enchant as a junk so it is like 1/1/0.5/0 craft

For example, I have 2 x 2 x 11,xx% id head - I'll use any next as a junk, with the smallest value of course.

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I consider Mid to Low range Plat lines to be "super-golds" and use them in junk positions in 2/2/1/1 style crafts. I'd hate to be tempted by a two plat line craft that has a sort of ok line and a really nice one like could happen in what you're describing.

6. Zoltan

Zoltan Junior Expert

Makes a lot of sense!! Really appreciate the feedback. Will put suggestion to work and see how I go

:) Love the stats. I should have asked sooner. So many wasted platinum lines. Oh we, hopefully things will go quicker and easier from here

Thanks Dzungla and Baragain

Will hold onto my 1 line platinum legendary items and use for slots 3 and 4 to improve odds after using suggested method to get 3/4 line items

7. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Tbh "upgrading" them to legs in the first place makes no sense. I mean, you could do 1/1/1/1 exo to leg. You'd lose chance to get a 4/4, but you'd increase your odds to get 2/4 and probably 3/4 (haven't done the math, but with exos one third of lines in the pool are platinum, as opposed to one fourth in the leg to leg).