Tank guide ?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by SiL3nT_OnE, Oct 11, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Not having any of the old lines, I'm currently using a 3x gold broti (177%) and 12.8% hp shield, with the hopes of putting that on a gold line unique t6 shield (I have one, but it is the golden dragon shield). Given that certain items allow you to boost your block strength and you can get block rate and increased block rate% from pauldron, I suspect 2x broti% and 2x hp% is better at the moment if you lack old lines and that 3x broti% and 1x hp% might be better if higher infernals come.

However, I haven't run the math between the interplay of infernal needing of broti to higher tier base block rates. Or the tradeoffs in going from, say, 4 br% to 2x br%, 1 armor%, 1 resist% pauldrons with respect to what shield is better.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    AlexCC likes this.
  2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I think you are fighting an uphill battle. Without the Battleworn set (or at least the pauldrons), you will have a hard time reaching good block rate. Also, it doesn't look like you are using the block skill (Mobile Mortress) in the Wisdom list. You need that if you are going to be playing a tank.

Also, don't underestimate the Heredur shield. With a bit of help and some Materi frags, you could easily double your block rate, and that is before the Mobile Fortress skill.

AlexCC likes this.
  3. AlexCC

AlexCC Someday Author

Thank you for your advice! Yes, I'm not using the Mobile Fortress skill yet because i only have 26 Wisdom points. Followed your advice of putting them first in HP. Anyway, i don't want to hijack this thread. Thank you, and also Novadude.

4. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post, but I would like to see if Cube set is a viable set for a Tank build. Specially because it gives a 50% Life boost.

Can anyone post pictures of the cube set? Wiki doesn't have the current incarnation of this set. It has a very old set which doesn't make any sense now.

And also I am a free player, so have not seen any pieces of this set.

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

It is very viable! In fact, it is best for a well rounded build due to it's large amount of crit damage from the set bonus too. I'm planning to make a set with a HP version of the Amulet, crit damage version of the ring (because I'm already using this), a crit version of the decoration, a damage version of the weapon, and a hybrid shield. The idea behind a build like this is tanking with high HP and HP regen, but also augmenting this HP regen with damage based regen from having 10k+ damage.

Here are some sample pictures from the set:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In particular, I'm fond of the Decoration and Ring from a tanking perspective because their Unique values are highly respectable defensive values that are maintained no matter what enchantments you place on them. The unique value on the amulet is underwhelming, but the weapon/shield are both useful. Having an armor break every 15 seconds or less is beneficial and every little bit of free attack speed comes in handy for rage generation and cool-down reduction.

So, what's the downside? No regen from Lifekeeper... That's about it. But, as I said, this build can get some respectable damage, so HP regen from MWS and DH damage is not insignificant. It may even be worth using essence in a fight instead of just using greens.

cdeepal likes this.
  6. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Thanks.

7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

All updated http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_Cube

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.