Suggestion Terrifying Shadows - A New Era on the Test Server

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by DocWhisky, Jan 13, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

Yes, Testing is very important. Whats also important is being able to log back into live servers without having to download the game every time.

The game needs to be set up so that there is a marker that differentiates between LIVE and TEST servers and a setup folder for each. This way when a player logs into test server it does not over write the live servers folder forcing the player to re-download the game every time they want to switch back to live server.
    As Test server builds can change daily, and many times in a day at that, it is expected to have to download the latest version of the TS build. But we shouldnt have to do the same for live servers. This is why I no longer play on TS at all..its just not worth it.
    Yes, I know, there are ways that we can "work" around like keeping and switching between 2 different DSOClient folders. But it would be just as easy for the company to ditch this antiquated system and create a 2nd folder that holds a DSOClient_TS that gets the daily TS build DL'd to it when ever you log into TS, instead of over writing your live server folder.

Thanks, Doc.

OopsFoos likes this.
  2. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

I have little time to play and zero time to test other's stuff but it seems that keeping copy of both the DSOClient live and test folders, and renaming them every time you switch between one server and another, would take just an instant and be much more likely - and realistic - than not waiting for the Company to intervene in this regard :)

That said, it is right to ask what you asked... just without expecting too much and to soon... also because I don't think it's something they aren't already aware of.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
  3. Marsicanus

Marsicanus Forum Veteran

You could create 2 simple scripts/batch to rename DSOClient to DSOClientLive and DSOClientTest to DSOClient and vice versa

or even more simply create a new Windows/Linux profile (takes up very little disk space)

But still you have to install the client in 2 different locations and point the test game launcher icon to the new path even if updating the client rarely happens now

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That explains it :p
    There is nothing running on TS for few years ... OR if events are run or new releases implemented ... it is usually done on live servers first and then on the TS. ATM at TS there is new patch for god knows what.
    They don't want players on TS ... they need every single human player on live servers (who are infested with bots - intentionally. same old tactics used in almost all Chinese games) . They are testing on private test servers for a longer time.
    I already answered this one several times here on this forum ... you don't need to do all that.
    All you have to do is run the game in browser and just launch it and get to the character selection screen. Then just log off and switch to the client. Do the same thing each time you switch from LS to TS and vice versa.
    If the client exe is different you would have to delete the dro_client64.exe file in DSOClient\dlcache folder ... the game will replace it with new one automatically when you start the game.
    They would rather ditch the game instead of creating second folder for TS.

tozagol likes this.