The reason the imbalance happen

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by rance_1983, Oct 3, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. IKILLGIANTS

IKILLGIANTS Active Author

its the result of people who all the time asked for something to be done so things will be "just like anyone else" making the devs to read between the lines ,enjoy pvp boys and girls!

2. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

I do not think that people asked for what Trakilaki speculates will be future pvp in this game

If that's what they are planning, then it should be opposed and criticized
    If they wanted a moba like pvp, fine, but they should do it right, not put forwards that piece of trash

I think the approach of trakilaki is the best, personally, all gears t0, ecc. and it's easily implementable

Yogo and trakilaki like this.
  3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Exactly!
    My view is pure speculation and assumption based on the things they said in the live stream back in May.
    I haven't tested or know details about the new rules or changes ... so i am assuming in a rational way.

No ... T0 has too high base stats.
    It should be T(-X) ... in example , if base stats of T0 item are : HP 600, Armor 600, Resistance 300, Damage 25 ... T(-5) item would have HP 200 Armor 250, Resistance 100, Damage 5 or completely discarded from most of the defensive items. Now, don't take those ^ values for granted those are neither tested nor accurate ... I am just trying to make a point.
    I have made some calculations and emulations and everything would be good as I have already described in my posts where I did explain my proposal.

edit
    //////

No, no one was asking for that.
    My reasoning why the devs are making these changes is because the player base is shrinking day by day. There are no enough players at all levels so the PvP would be playable (getting a match) at any given time at any level. Even further ... those players left in the game are not playing all at same time, so the matchmaking is almost impossible for players at lower levels ... and when they do get a fight there is 95% probability new players would be playing against twinks (they still exist).
    So the devs are coming with a nonsense idea to put all players in a same basket so they can get matches more easily. Players of level 1-10 would play against level 55 players ... they would scale to level 55 and the stats would be carbon copy for everyone.
    That is all wrong. In MMORPG players are using their farmed gear in PvP unlike MOBA games which are only specialized in that kind of play and nothing else.
    My proposal and their approach it may sound similar but in fact it is quite different as night and day.
    In my way the players would be able to use their farmed gear with limitations and adjustments and the balance would be almost perfect. The difference in new player's and old player's stats would be narrow ... there would still be slight advantage but that is good for the game itself. It will push the newer players farm more and close the gap while in same time older and P2P players would have the satisfaction of playing with what they worked hard for. It is a Role Playing Game after all ... players in RPGs are developing their characters as they like. Unlike the devs approach where players would have all same stats with some predetermined scheme. Players would have no reason to play or farm anything ... there would be no reason for core, draken, andermant, gem, items or any other farm. 95% of the game contents would be obsolete for the players ... it is like being at zero point and never have a chance to advance. There is no reason one to play the game if they are not advancing.
    They also said they are thinking of implementing new honor system similar to the new wisdom system. That means the players who already have high amount of honor would get the talents at the start and the rest would have to play 24/7 to get there. Or if they raise the requirements even the players who have millions of honor would need to play more while the rest of them would never get there even in 2-4 years by only playing PvP 24/7.
    That way some players would play only PvE, some players would stop playing and the rest would have to play only PvP.
    And what you get with that? Nothing ... you get even smaller player base and eventually the servers would be closed down one by one.
    Players should not be forced to choose between PvP and PvE ... they should be left with a freedom of choice and play PvP or PvE whenever they want and however they want.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    piteris2, ΣMiwel and Yogo like this.
  4. sargon234

But then they are thinking wrong, they should be trying to increase the pool of players

Are they so insecure about the product that they think they can't attract new players and some old returning players and so they try to salvage the salvageable with the remaining playerbase?

ΣMiwel likes this.
  5. trakilaki

I couldn't know what is going on or how are they as agency operating (they said multiple times they are independent agency within BP) ... but honestly ... the devs' thinking is somehow reasonable. It is not their job to attract players and promote the game ... that is why different managerial teams exist in companies.
    Of course the programmers and designers would absorb all the negative energy from the players ... because the players are not familiar with their management.
    It is like your PC is malfunctioning and you are releasing your rage on your monitor or your keyboard in example. :D

rooki85 and ΣMiwel like this.
  6. AlexDK

AlexDK Someday Author

Game breaking imbalance started to happen with the lvl50 release... with the ability to use wisdom points to improve damage. And, after, with the new crafting system. Until then there wasn't an extreme imbalance because after a player reached lvl 45 there where diminishing returns. IMHO, that old system made the game more enjoyable. That boat has sailed for good.

7. sargon234

but if that's what they are indeed planning for pvp and as you say, it's going to make it much worse than even now and that's going to drive players away from the game, i do not think that's reasonable

I mean, isn't it reasonable to try to retain the remaining playerbase you have and not put something that will drive players away?

8. trakilaki

AND ... so it begins ... all as predicted.
    Looks like only base stats will be working ... and nothing else.
    Not just PvP ruined but PvE too. They are stealing our gear and make only 2H weapons relevant for PvE :D

piteris2, Veηom and Hetsunien like this.
  9. sargon234

Well, 2H were already the only relevant weapons for pve, so that's not much of a change, so why is pve ruined?

Also, at least they are keeping glyphs, so they aren't removing everything it seems

it's just a trash bin instead of a landfill site

And then again, now what'll matter is getting gold base lines in drops

Now, i only care about mounts and pvp costumes, i hope they make obtaining them less annoying than now

I'm sorry for the newbies, since they are resetting ELO stats, so the experts will be facing them and the newbies will be annihilated

10. trakilaki

That is simply not true.
    Only noobs who can't think of their own build couldn't use 1H for PvE.
    I am successfuly using a 1H build in PvE since the changes.
    It is true that 2H are having edge ... but because 1H weapons and gear are having no useful buffs/bonuses. I am even playing with a weapon that has no buff ... NO BUFF at all. Yet ... I should probably make a video how easily I am playing the PW on Infernal III.
    BUT ... they will bust the 2H's damage now ... which will lead to boost to monster's and bosses offensive and defensive stats. There comes the breaking point.
    They are taking the sapphires by force ... in same time we are not just losing attack speed but we are not getting any chance to increase the damage ... even further they will make us unable to kill a single monster inside any dungeon.

Just because you are riding the bandwagon ... you don't know what ride outside of it looks like. So stick to your 2H build and don't spread misinformation about 1H builds.

11. sargon234

I know you can be successfull with 1H, i had a guild mate who was very strong and yet he had 1H, he was a mage, ifact i was planning to even build an 1h pve build, just for fun and to change playstile
    But you should understand that you are kinda forced, especially if you are a noob to build 2H, otherwise people will not invite you to groups, ecc.

you yourself are saying 2H have an edge,because of set bonuses, after they boost 2H damage, they'll simply have even more of an edge,which isn't a change from the status quo

I am also in favour of giving useful buffs and bonuses to 1H players, i want to see greater diversity, i would like to see that
    I do not think that 1H players should be discriminated against

12. trakilaki

Dude i am saying that since the start ... that is exactly what i am talking about. Players should not be forced to play the dev's way. players should be given plenty of options and be left alone to decide and make a choice.
    They shouldn't be forced to play only the dev's way ... because the devs are not the smartest people around.

rooki85, Hetsunien and ΣMiwel like this.
  13. sargon234

I agree with you infact