The Rise of Dragan - Curse of the Black Knights [Feedback]

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Biztart, Jun 20, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

What did you think of the event?

1. The event length was ok.

83 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Event length was too short.

15 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. I liked the event rewards

75 vote(s)
    47.2%
  4. I did not find the event rewards motivating

42 vote(s)
    26.4%
  5. I enjoyed the event

110 vote(s)
    69.2%
  6. I did not find the event fun

17 vote(s)
    10.7%
  7. I liked the event pricing (shop)

8 vote(s)
    5.0%
  8. I disliked the event pricing (shop)

64 vote(s)
    40.3%
  9. I found the event playable in difficulty

76 vote(s)
    47.8%
  10. The event was too difficult

28 vote(s)
    17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOOMGuy07

DOOMGuy07 Forum Apprentice

I'm finding the event is pretty fun and the rewards are nice but I'm having trouble with Dragon thanks to invisible laser traps. :( could totally solo him if I could see them.

2. jozo91

jozo91 Active Author

one more ruined event tnx dso

3. shadowblade77

shadowblade77 Forum Greenhorn

test of resilience i cant pick any box after completing quest

4. Slitrobo

Slitrobo Forum Connoisseur

The only problem I have is I can't see the lasers when I'm solo but I can see them in groups. That one bug aside, I'm having a blast with this event and I got the spider mount last night. That thing is sick and so is the costume. The difficulty is just fine and I like that it's not a grind to collect cookies or shadows again. I know I'm in for a trough time when I try my dwarf alt this weekend but he could really use that set.

5. MortriXus

MortriXus Forum Apprentice

New event design is awesome.The best parts:
    -Not boss concentrated(rewards are divided)
    -Difficulty: playable
    -Event length:suitable for all level players
    -rewards:nice and different
    -no normal area farming(for entry)
    The worst of it:
    -black knight area is a bit OP
    -bugged lasers(doing Dragan is easy but when i'm killed by invisible lasers its horrible)
    -limited chests(like i love the idea of different difficulty dungeons..but limited chests..they just kill the spirit of the event..once the chests are over..event just sucks)

Multi-Sev and DSOSuperfan like this.
  6. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Overall I like the new event. The cot and wisdom drops are relatively plentiful, and it's really nice to do new maps after grinding the same old ones over and over. Not knowing what will come from the barrels and chests are also a nice change.

I've done several of the maps solo so far and it isn't entirely too difficult to do.

The drops for uniques and drakens have been low, but I've come to expect that in the game.

7. huckleberrychippers

huckleberrychippers Forum Apprentice

I totally agree on the difficulty of the black knights.. my mage is the strongest at my level on my server. I went into the black knight arena with two friends at lvl 25 (i am 18) used red essence, and got destroyed.. with red essence my base dmg would be nearly 1000. i have 3200+ hp, and a lvl 40 shield. plus over 1k in both armor and magic resist. this should NOT be hard. Also, i want to add that each of the black knights took less dmg than a 3 man lvl 33 DRAGAN did with red essence and they had like 50000 additional mobs. not cool.

8. Matijari_Trkxelsson

Matijari_Trkxelsson Someday Author

am i way too naive when i understood the description "very difficult" as a matter of skill rather than a matter of equipment? battlegrounds are literally impossible for anyone who didnt spend countless money and/or hours of equipment farming. there is absolutely no room to compensate for lower quality of items/gems

on the other hand, if i understand it correctly, that map is not crucial for progress so...i might kinda live with that

invisible lasers when going solo however is a nasty backstabbing...is it bug or feature?

9. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

There are a large number of known issues about the mechanics of the server and program. The louldest complaints I've heard , is that the glitches in battleground don't register all the progress properly, and 100 cursed pearls are required to repeat the battle for full credit.

The issue of unachievable quests comes back, too. It is a real pain to bust a hump with endless farming, and still not get that missing item for the workbench task. Meanwhile the un-useable pieces just keep piling up in inventory, and get dumped with no sales value.

10. Matijari_Trkxelsson

Matijari_Trkxelsson Someday Author

i believe the problem you are talking about derives from the fact that all progress is registered properly but the 2 objectives - talking to knight and using gong - cant be repeated once completed. if you get your arse beaten in battlegrounds and re-enter, you have already fullfiled 2 parts of the quest and you cant repeat them to summon mob and squires.

BUT you can always drop/cancel the quest and retake it again, it will work. you dont have to waste pearls since you can do that from withing the dungeon

11. huckleberrychippers

This is my take on the event:
    Length: Great
    Rewards: awesome
    Difficulty: maps 1-3, Easy-Hard, but all possible
    Map 4: while its difficulty is good for end game users, It was NOT scaled down for lower level players. Keep in mind, gear will be underleveled, and not great in general because players will be picking them up as they go along on their way to max lvl. Max lvl people on the other hand, will have much better gear, etc so it is a bit more reasonable.

The Chests for reRunnable quests is a great idea, but what if people want more? The onyx mount, for example, was my main goal. However, now i have done all 6 chests on 2 maps and havent gotten the required pieces.. I suggest making the chests reset after every run, but lowering the drop rate for the dragon pieces. This way, it is possible if you keep going for it, but isnt too easy to get. The other thing that bugged me about this is that since 16 are required as a minimum, obviously we need 800 victory seals minimum.. and doing all the dungeon quests the 6 times (assuming you cannot finish map 4) is 440. Even if you can, that adds only 300(=740). Obviously, this means that the maps will have to be rerun multiple times. If you want limited chests, ok.. but why not 8 or 10 chests since you know they will use more than 6?

The upgrade system for uniques is a great idea, but i had one problem.. I really wanted the cape. Obviously, it has a lower drop rate, which i can understand (anyone that doesnt have cape talent would be quite annoyed if they continually got the cape) but perhaps raise the drop rate to be a bit more even if that person has the cape talent?

Overall, great event. This is definitely a good event. just needs tweaking. I think the big problem was that since this event is so farmable, and is presented as such, the limited chests for rerunnable quests is a huge let down.

EDIT: I realized i forgot to comment on event pricing. As i am not a buyer, it doesnt matter as much to me but WOW!!! REALLY???? Sargon event was 800 anders for a normal portal, and 1600 for a powerful. my friends and i farmed anders before, and were able to get several sargon pieces fro it ^^. this event however, is ridiculous.. Assuming 1k andermant is approx 1 USD, it is 9 dollars to buy one run for Dragan.. you need a minimum of 16 runs to get one warlord item.. that is almost $150!!! Compare that to Sargon where the HARD portal was 1600.. My suggestion would be sell them for somewhere in the ballpark of 3-5k Anders. (I realize the reason they are so expensive is the increased unique drop rate etc.) That way, it is still fair for all users, and not completely unfair to payers.

Comments/Questions/whatever just hit me up :)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    thebearreturns likes this.
  12. -Elizejs-

-Elizejs- Junior Expert

This event is easy, i have done all of them...so rewards is not good, event can play olny for farming ...if chests every day will be updated than will be ok.

13. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

Keep in mind, it is supposed to be hard even for end game players. I have lower level accounts and it is scaled to your level. However, if you mean things like under level 20, then I'm glad they made it super hard. Better not let those low level pvp abusers get good stuff to own all the newbies.

14. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

15. DSOSuperfan

DSOSuperfan Forum Apprentice

Best event ever! Love that the old progress bar is gone and we've got something a bit different. The difficulty isn't bad, it's doable solo or in a full group and the rewards are plentiful and easy to get. Dragan himself is a little too easy though, I expected a harder fight since he was always such a challenge during the Sargon events. Maybe next time you can bump him up a notch or two.

16. Dylannn

Dylannn Board Analyst

Just wondering if the chests outside of the event maps will ever be reset! I've opened all of them yet, yesterday, and now I've 20 days left :D

For the rest: Top event! Good rewards like black colours, draken, and mounts :)
    Love it!

17. Teleportist

Teleportist Advanced

Is someone needs to strike the black gong in the knights battleground
    to progress the 'Save the Mechanica' quest, then no group members are
    able to open a reward chest after killing all the knights.

This makes other players unlikely to want to waste 100 pearls and fight
    all those knights without a reward.

Please fix this before the event finishes.

18. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

Positives:
    Great new maps
    4th dungeon (one with 100 pearl) challenging and fun for me to solo.
    Enjoyed the new laser system since it isn't bugged for me.
    Great rewards (except for more than one issue that'll be mentioned in negatives)
    New boss fight for Dragan along with new armor set

Negatives:
    Wasted 200 pearls, I wonder if I can demand ander payment for the amount of pearls -_-
    The boxes are terrible, I didn't get a single raven nor costume while I got 3x emote and 3x egg for onyx dragon. Onyx skull totally didn't drop as well. Boxes are very unfair and totally based on luck. You should've done this. one box dragon piece, one box dungeon specific reward (pet, costume, emote, gem), two box draken, one box dye with potion, one box gem. You guys totally screwed up the whole event only because of the damn boxes. For the last stage, instead of 2x draken reward it will be one only. The other is a drop which I got: 999 ess of destruction + 1 legendary item as to prevent too much draken income.

22 days of event... maybe to waste bag space and farm for that set. Glad the pieces surely drop, but it is always helmet and cape rarely comes. Maybe 2 days complete all the chests, 20 days of grinding for gear? Make it so that it isn't always helmet that is sure drop, and just make it random.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    huckleberrychippers likes this.
  19. Teleportist

Teleportist Advanced

More general feedback.

Positives
    1. I like the inclusion of the lasers and trapped chests. Adds some variety.
    2. There's plenty to do. And with the exception of Jullov's lab, the maps are
    varied and well designed.
    3. Love the spider mount! Something different. How about a Wolf/Warg one next?
    Maybe as a reward from the Full Moon event?
    4. Essence and CoT drop rate is about right. together with melting the item drops fro glyphs, all these factors mean that I don't mind the grind so much, as it's all helping my character grow stronger.

Negatives (apart from the bad mistake mentioned in my previous post)
    1. Having to get 16 copies of the armour items to craft a powerful version. How many times do the Devs expect us to do this event to complete the set!
    2. Please tweak down the difficulty of map 5 (knights battleground) a little. It's insane.
    3. The event guild is very poorly written. The worst yet, in my opinion.
    4. Compared to the other character classes, Spellweavers will struggle to solo the mini-bosses in map 1 (castle) as most are immune to the singularity and have a habit of charging. Ranger's and DK's don't have this problem. Fair?
    5. It should be made clearer that the documents are just to be sold and not part of a quest. I had so many copies of Dragan's Commands and Excavation reports filling up my inventory at first I thought this event was going to be just a blatant attempt by BP to get everyone to buy inventory expansions. Until a few people told me I can just sell these.

In response to 'THE LEGEND's' earlier post. You'll find Gnob inprison at the far end (left) of map 3 (Dungeon in the Sulphur Desert). There should be the usual big '?', indicating a quest' at his location.
    If you help him he promises to give you a unique. I think this will be the cape that isn't dropping from Dragan for anyone. Although if this is the case we'll have to complete this quest 16 times in order to craft the powerful version. Which doesn't bear thinking about.

20. huckleberrychippers

Not to burst your bubble, but the low lvl pvp twinks already have better gear.. it may seem unfair that they can solo easily, but they DID get there with lots of hard work.. or money.. the big thing is, although there are a few twinks, how many average players will NOT be able to finish this event because the final map is too hard?? thats what this is about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.