The Rise of Dragan - Curse of the Black Knights [Feedback]

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Biztart, Jun 20, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

What did you think of the event?

1. The event length was ok.

83 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Event length was too short.

15 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. I liked the event rewards

75 vote(s)
    47.2%
  4. I did not find the event rewards motivating

42 vote(s)
    26.4%
  5. I enjoyed the event

110 vote(s)
    69.2%
  6. I did not find the event fun

17 vote(s)
    10.7%
  7. I liked the event pricing (shop)

8 vote(s)
    5.0%
  8. I disliked the event pricing (shop)

64 vote(s)
    40.3%
  9. I found the event playable in difficulty

76 vote(s)
    47.8%
  10. The event was too difficult

28 vote(s)
    17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teleportist

Teleportist Advanced

More general feedback. (from a lv45 Spellweaver)

Positives
    1. I like the inclusion of the lasers and trapped chests. Adds some variety.
    2. There's plenty to do. And with the exception of Jullov's lab, the maps are
    varied and well designed.
    3. Love the spider mount! Something different. How about a Wolf/Warg one next?
    Maybe as a reward from the Full Moon event?
    4. Essence and CoT drop rate is about right. together with melting the item drops for glyphs, all these factors mean that I don't mind the grind so much, as it's all helping my character grow stronger.
    4. Length of event. I only play 2/3 times a week. So this gives me a chance to get somewhere in the event. However I think the event should finish a few days later, as I could squeeze another Friday night session in.

Negatives (apart from the bad mistake mentioned in my previous post)
    1. Having to get 16 copies of the armour items to craft a powerful version. How many times do the Devs expect us to do this event to complete the set!
    2. Please tweak down the difficulty of map 5 (knights battleground) a little. It's insane.
    3. The event guide is very poorly written. The worst yet, in my opinion.
    4. Compared to the other character classes, Spellweavers will struggle to solo the mini-bosses in map 1 (castle) as most are immune to the singularity and have a habit of charging. Ranger's and DK's don't have this problem. Fair?
    5. It should be made clearer that the documents are just to be sold and not part of a quest. I had so many copies of Dragan's Commands and Excavation reports filling up my inventory at first I thought this event was going to be just a blatant attempt by BP to get everyone to buy inventory expansions. Until a few people told me I can just sell these.

But overall. TY to the Devs for an entertaining event.

In response to 'THE LEGEND's' earlier post. You'll find Gnob inprison at the far end (left) of map 3 (Dungeon in the Sulphur Desert). There should be the usual big '?', indicating a quest' at his location.
    If you help him he promises to give you a unique. I think this will be the cape that isn't dropping from Dragan for anyone. Although if this is the case we'll have to complete this quest 16 times in order to craft the powerful version. Which doesn't bear thinking about.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  2. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

Once again, do you expect someone who just joined the game 3 days ago at level 11 to complete the event? No! The 4th dungeon is a "challenge", it isn't supposed to be easy. Not everything is supposed to be completed. A low level with onyx skull gem will be OP with that kind of regen. It isn't too hard, perfect for the challenge.

3. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

Oh man ... I've done 6/6 Battleground solo and 4 times get legendary item and 999 m. ess and twice 2 gems , once polished (ruby and diamond) and once normal (19 resistance and 16 hp)). What a motivation to continue ... :/ (I could do this on Khaly's ground) ...

Yeah, I'm a bit dissapointed I didn't get the onyx gem, I would like to have it, instead all of this above, only because that'is the event item ...

Beside that, CoT drop is nice, and generally, event isn't too hard etc.

4. huckleberrychippers

huckleberrychippers Forum Apprentice

This is true. Im not asking them to make it all that much easier, but simply dial it down a little bit for the lower levels. i realize everything is our lvl but the stats on them are so crazy that few even have a chance.. I could agree if it was something like a guaranteed drop, but it is far from farmable and still a unique drop. Lowering the difficulty by just a bit would allow people to achieve it without making it too easy.

5. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

At #3 for positive, won't happen for full moon. Maybe some other event

At #1 for negatives, correct, since helmet is the sure drop piece. If 2nd piece drops, it will be pauldrons. 3 piece drop will be cape. As i mentioned in my post, should be random instead of always helmet.
    #2 It isn't too hard. Perfectly fine for a great challenge.
    #3 fixed word
    #4 Miniboss isn't hard, just run around. Dwarfs suffer from same problem.
    #5 Agreed

You'll find it just as hard on higher level. It is suppose to be hard, I played mine on my low level as well. The low level is just harder to maintain with items as good as high level characters.

6. perrush

perrush Active Author

as for me. Good event. especially droprate of loot is good.

The last map is just fine. oke, it's hard, but with strategy all can do this. Kill the archers asap if they spawn, the pull everything in a wide circle. Don't run to far ahead, then they will 'cut' the corner. Just run at the same pace as the knights an they will follow you. Pull them down piece by piece.

3 remarks

1) droprate of cloak. You surely know that's almost impossible to get the set. big bummer ! (25 kills, not a single cloak yet)

2) I once entered the last map when my quest was still open -> 100 pearls thrown away. Make sure you can't enter a map when a quest is completed and there is no quest inside to be taken.

3) If the chest don't reset the next days, then it would be better to make a quest with which you could reset one, a part of or all chests. For me the event was over the second day beside the farming and killing of Dragan in search of a non-achievable cloak.

7. Dylannn

Dylannn Board Analyst

I totally agree with this, yesterday, all the chests were open for me, so I've nothing else to do than killing Dragan. Please BP, reset our chests :D

8. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

Awesome event, I love it. What I don't like is how unlucky I am with getting drakens. :mad:
    But, event is awesome, maps are great, it's fun, it lasts for a long time so anyone can finish it no matter how busy they are in rl, drop is nice (for normal people without cursed accounts). I also kinda like the spider; it's disgusting and awesome :D

Bearer-of-Death likes this.
  9. -Elizejs-

-Elizejs- Junior Expert

if not reset chests every day than minimum make nightmare saide quest and after to complete that can chests be unlocked. What to do 20 days - killing boss- for what - not unusable set- for drakens- why- by pig farm...i dont now what you think in that saide table? Can you make somthing more in this game or not? - if you dont have ides to do that please contact with me i will give advice!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  10. yellowfrog.

yellowfrog. Board Analyst

the only think i dont like is dragan's drops.i have so many helmets and shoulders that i can give to every player at heredur :p

You must consider to chance the drop at next days.we need cloak drop now.Enough with the helmets.everyone hates them now.

huckleberrychippers likes this.
  11. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I'm at 7/16 for the cloak... at least the drop rate is better than the frags for the 1000 gold cloak.

-HARRA81- likes this.
  12. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

Event = Incredibly easy but what is up with invisible lasers? Punishing the solo players? Got one quest bug so far but it's DSO so that is to be expected.
    Rewards = Mediocre. I won't trade +Crit gear for +Block gear personally but that's my play choice. Melted 19 helmets, 12 pauldrons and 8 cloaks so far so thank you for boosting my glyph bank. Did get Onyx Dragon mount on 1st toon I ran through event, have 3 parts again on next toon with just growth accelerator drop needed from battleground. At least I don't have to sit on a spider like everyone else is now. That reward was the ultimate freebie. Banked so far 1200 draken on the first toon, may come back to it and farm Dragan to see if I can't get some more stashed. SO draken drops are generous and ty for that. Just add something worth buying to Gnob then please.
    But a successful event. Everyone seems to be enjoying it. The maps are nice, shame we lose them after it's over. Nice change of scenery to farm in.

13. Zareyna

Zareyna Forum Greenhorn

Its good when event, just like this one. Players usually kill each other during PVP...some got haters and some got fan/lovers :p . Event like this keep players together...ofc can't solo coz we didn't see laser lol.
    Rewards is awesome too....i love that ugly birdy & spidey, both are cool :p
    Thank You BP for making nice event , but don't forgot to gave us Gnob later...kinda miss him :)

14. Drakah

Drakah Forum Apprentice

Cloak drops at Dragan need to be fixed , i'm at 25+ Helmets , 15 Sholders and only 1 cloak , whats up with that ?

15. yellowfrog.

yellowfrog. Board Analyst

fix the drop of the cloaks or else it is just another endless farming event like all the others.this not fun at all.it is supposed that we play for fun not to break our pcs because of dragan.

how do you like this:i farm 2 hours for 5 entrances.i go 5 times in dragan and i get 5 helmets.i will do this 1 time,2 times 3 or maybe 4.
    Only EDIT will continue to do this for 16-17 days more.

SO fix the drop nad evryone will be happy.

Last edited by moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  16. Attikussz

Attikussz Forum Greenhorn

I usually don't rant about bugs and errors cause they don't bother me, and there isn't a game without them, but this event seemed promising, but after opening all the chests it became disappointing even infuriating. The event without a progress bar seemed like a new and cool idea, but making the drops from the chests random was a terrible idea. they should have made sure at least 1 of the chests gave the event item advertised, instead of giving pearls, victory tokens and useless amethyst and cyanide gems. I opened all 24 chest and i got no Raven pet, no jullovs animation, no onyx skull and couldn't even complete the onyx dragon cause i got doubles. The event was a nice concept but for me it was False Advertising! i got none of the events advertised items. and i had to spend a little money on this to to complete the 100 pearl event map. For the time this event was on the test server it wasn't even testing it was just teasing the players, should have tested it more, collected more feedback before launching it.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    yellowfrog. and MortriXus like this.
  17. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

Invisible lasers is super-annoying. I have to join a group to see them. I can solo the whole event easily, but now I have to get someone to join me and enter the castle so I can see the lasers in Dragan's lair. Really, really a problem. Needs to be fixed next time, for sure. A hotfix this time would be nice, but I suspect they're too uninspired or uninformed to do it.

18. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Don't worry we are passing them player's feedback regularly. ;)

19. Attikussz

Attikussz Forum Greenhorn

I didn't experience this in the game, not alone nor in group, but the other bug that anoyed me was at the 100 pearl map with a group only one player could strike the gong and have it check marked on the quest page, after completing the 8 knights you exit open the chest but only the player who struck the gong got 50 tokens and got to finish the quest, the rest of us had to abandon the quest or re enter and strike the gong and exit which is a waste of pearls.

20. TriickK

TriickK Exceptional Talent

Hi,

For now I killed Dragan 22 times and dropped only 1 cloak at the 21st run.

If you want the full set be ready to kill Dragan more than 300 times.

It means more than 500 runs in map 2.

It means more than 15000 pearls to farm in Fortress.

Good luck with it! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.