The Rise of Dragan - Curse of the Black Knights [Feedback]

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Biztart, Jun 20, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

What did you think of the event?

1. The event length was ok.

83 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Event length was too short.

15 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. I liked the event rewards

75 vote(s)
    47.2%
  4. I did not find the event rewards motivating

42 vote(s)
    26.4%
  5. I enjoyed the event

110 vote(s)
    69.2%
  6. I did not find the event fun

17 vote(s)
    10.7%
  7. I liked the event pricing (shop)

8 vote(s)
    5.0%
  8. I disliked the event pricing (shop)

64 vote(s)
    40.3%
  9. I found the event playable in difficulty

76 vote(s)
    47.8%
  10. The event was too difficult

28 vote(s)
    17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huckleberrychippers

huckleberrychippers Forum Apprentice

For any low lvl PVPers, this is next to impossible.. We can solo the maps fairly easily, but finding someone to gap the XP, but a low enough lvl that we can solo is difficult to say the least..ive been doing 10+ hours a day (woo vacation) and got 6/6 for all chests except map 4 by day two. Now its just farming endlessly for pearls and tokens so dragan can mock us with no cape drops :/

2. Dylannn

Dylannn Board Analyst

Question, will the chests ever be reset this event? I need an answer, thank you :)

huckleberrychippers likes this.
  3. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

That wasn't exactly what I meant. I know you guys pass on our feedback. I have no issue with your performance of your duties. I mean that they (programmers/devs/whoever is responsible) don't care about fixing (uninspired) or don't know how to fix (unaware) their own code. They're sloppy, and that can't be denied. The number of bugs created regularly, and the number still hanging around after they were supposedly fixed, is enough proof of this for me. The bug problem in this game is 3X worse than any game I've ever played, in my 27 years of PC gaming, and that's not even a little bit exaggerated. [/rant]

FastEddieFelson likes this.
  4. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

Well i just finished the event and my reward was....nothingo_Oo_Oo_O
    I didn't get the pet, emote, costume, skull nor the dragon:(:(:(

So, what was the purpose of this so called new "event" ???

To give all or some of the rewards to only 10% or less among all the players, is actually very....cool:cool: at least now i know who is BP "favorite costumer".

Next time, instead of making me waste my limited resources + time, tell us that the rewards are only for a few players and not everybody, ok!!!

Although the event was very cool to play, but the rewards were not.
    Now i know what to expect in future events, nothing like always.

5. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

I only experienced the invisible lasers 2 or 3 times and I mostly played solo. It isn't all as bad as you guys say, I only get hit 400-500 by the ones in Ravencaw. (I always thought this was claw, until a player brought it to my attention)

As for the drops from Dragan.. I like the concept of separate drops that have to be combined into the unique. It helps to encourage me to continue farming more than killing 100s of times for no drop, but I had inventory problems throughout the entire event.

I played event on test server, and believed that the 'advertised' drop (Raven, Dragon pieces, etc) would always be present within one of the 6 chests. I guess my test char was very lucky to get them.
    I am concerned as to what will happen if one tries to combine 3 pieces and 2x of another... Will it create the dragon or an abomination? Or nothing at all?

I guess if you combine 2+ Chokers you get a goth dragon. 2 Eggs and you get either a two headed (or other body parts) dragon or 2 dragons. Two or more Incubators wouldn't change anything I guess. And 2 Growth Accelerators will yield a dragon twice as big... or 4 times as big, depending on whether or not it stacks. (2 squared)

Any guesses on what Gnob will give us for that dumb hand? I would like to see what he does with all of the hands returned to him, anyways. Maybe build a few giant 1000 hand statues?
    I hardly doubt he will give us a cape, else the people who actually farm the cape would be disappointed to get another. I think, as most of you probably fear deep inside, that he will just give us the dreaded store credit... some drakens. Which, I guess, is better than a refund, since I can't imagine what I'd do with 100 Rusty Keys or a Stone Jabbax Hand.

silverseas likes this.
  6. -Skygazer-

-Skygazer- Advanced

I have the same question as many others: are the event chests going to be reset?
    It's not a demand or complaint, it's a simple question to which we would like to see an answer, just "Yes" or "No"
    I will not complain either way, but definitely would like to know.

And, btw, the event is an absolute masterpiece! Well done Bigpoint! (except for the bugs and errors part of course)

7. Drakah

Drakah Forum Apprentice

The drops at dragan realy need to be fixed so we can get more Capes . Right now the drop is like this : Helment , Helmet + Sholders , Helmet + Sholders + Cape . This drop needs to be randomised so the Cape or Sholders drop 1st aswell rather than that got tierd of it Helmet .

8. Multi-Sev

The lasers in Ravenclaw are inconsequential. I get hit 100-150 by those most of the time, and I never see them unless in group, so I get hit a lot, but they don't even make me dismount - so they mean nothing to me.

I'm talking about never, ever seeing the lasers in Dragan's lair, ever, unless I'm in a group. Before someone states "...it isn't as bad as you guys say...", said person might want to consider that your experience is not the same as someone else's experience. I would like to solo Dragan every time, since it would be very easy for me to do if I could see the lasers. I solo'd him without seeing the lasers the first time, and did it, but suddenly losing 3000 HP to something I couldn't see was not fun.

These kinds of bugs should not be in events when they are released. Between the dev tester characters, and the test server with so many player testers, I can not conceive of a situation where this bug, and the defense bug where quests have to be repeated for each person in a group, were not identified many days or even weeks before the event was released, but it was released anyway. That, my friends, is sloppy.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    MortriXus likes this.
  9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

So far Dragan drops me only helmets, rarely pauldrons ... and from 60-70 runs I only have 2 cloaks. o_O
    I didn't get all parts for the onyx dragon, I only have two and one duplicate, while I got two onyx skulls which I doubt I will use.

I find this event very enjoyable and awesome.
    But the random drops from chests and Dragan are silly.
    After someone completes all quests and open all chests it gets boring. I would suggest at least reset of the chests so we would have another reason to play this event for longer time.

Overall, I rate this event 8/10

10. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

I should have stated my post in a different way. For ME it's not as bad as you guys say. This is a feedback thread and I was just giving mine. Since it didn't bother me I had no reason to look for a fix. You guys are old players and I'm sure you know how to start trying to find a fix.. first delete DSOClient and clear cache, etc. Have you tried that and has it worked?

The few times that I encountered that bug, I noticed that if they were invisible for 1 run, they'd be visible when I reset the map. Now, that's not something I'm willing to do as 50 victory tokens take a bit of time to gather. (lasers were always visible in Dragan's Refuge for me)

It appears that laser hits the same amount for everyone, regardless of level... that's not cool. My level 26 DK and my 45 Mage were getting hit 1500 per second... and if you're stationary, the laser makes contact for 2 seconds. That's more HP than my DK has, so I can't imagine what a pain it would be to fight Dragan knowing I may be incinerated in any 2 seconds, and I wouldn't see it coming. I assume the laser has a set speed and thus a set revolution/time... It would be rather easy to find out how long it takes to come back around and predict when to Stun Charge past it. I agree, though, no player should have to do that.

On another topic, a lot of you guys are complaining as though low drop rate for cloak is an error or bug. I hardly think so, it was most likely intentional.

If they were going to tell us whether or not the chests will be reset, a question we've asked a few hundred times by now, they would have already done so. And if they do answer the question with a "yes" it will be 10 minutes after it's already done.

And another thing... 3 times now the Battleground quest has bugged for me. "strike the gong" is not achieved and I can't get my victory tokens(trophies?). I did read the official info on the event: "Both players must enter map and speak to the 2 NPCs, and then 1 player must strike the gong so the quest counts for everyone" bla bla blah, yet the bug still occurred.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  11. huckleberrychippers

huckleberrychippers Forum Apprentice

I think most of us know it is not a glitch or anything like that. We are simply stating how ridiculously low the drop rate is, and that it should be brought up.. there are more people with the onyx dragon than there are with warlords cape.. kinda messed up :p

ToshiBoy likes this.
  12. Multi-Sev

Yes, I've cleared my caches (all of them) and deleted DSO client folder contents several times. No, it has never helped. The only time I can see lasers, in Dragan's Sanctuary or in Ravenclaw, is if I have a group member present. Whenever I'm in either map solo, it's total laser invisibility, all the time - every time. I am not the only one who is experiencing this.

I doubt they will fix it for this event, from my past experience with bug fixing priorities (they have much more important soccer-ball dribbling events to do). I sincerely hope it gets fixed next time. For this event, I will have to go to Dragan with at least one partner, or risk incineration by invisible laser.

Needless to say, I am playing DSO much less lately (in spite of there being an event active). I am checking out a new kingdom-building game in the meantime. Peace. Out.

13. Multi-Sev

stasis likes this.
  14. The fact that the lasers do not show for some players when they enter a map solo is a known issue. It has not been listed among the bugs that will be fixed with this hotfix, but it has not been ignored.

15. Ash

Ash Advanced

This started out super super fun.

Positives.
    • No need to farm for entry into event.
    • Main castle plus varied dungeons - excellent.
    • Lots of different mini bosses.
    • Plenty to do (at first)
    • Drop rate of CoTs, essn, gear, etc, was much better than previous events.
    • Spider mount.

Negatives
    • Buggy lasers.
    • Buggy chests not giving rewards.
    • Buggy lab for group - we tried various versions but nothing worked, we had to do it for each member.
    • Battleground (I dubbed it P2Pground) was insane (and my toon is very strong). But I could shrug and accept it as the P2P area, IF the chests guaranteed the gem! I gave up after 3 chests when I discovered that the rewards were chance only (missing out on the raven I thought it was a glitch).
    • Once all chests are opened, it's nice that there is no real end to the evnt, however, the grind for pearls > tokens > pearl for Dragan becomes dull. Like others have suggested respawning chests would have been great.
      [edit: great, they're going to change this.]
    • The grind made all the worse when you get your 11th helmet, but only 2 capes, and nothing else.
    It's great the hotfix will let us get all the rewards, but this comes very late for those of us who have done the whole thing already (or close enough). So those who didn't get the gem, for example, now need to do that place again?!
    If a player has opened every chest there, the gem should be given to them now.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    TheBB likes this.
  16. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

I read from hotfix that chest will be reset - which is great - - - but what bout the laser ?

17. TheBB

TheBB Forum Apprentice

so players with extra onyx prize will be taken away...so we do that hard battle ground and the chect we got our prize is taken away...no compensation at all...omg this is so fair

18. nasowas

nasowas Junior Expert

Then have to say that DSO should compensate us the ander we had to use for inside respawning. Granted there have been squishy players who die easier than others, but the super tank players who had to die because of the invisible lasers deserve recompensation. It's only fair and the right thing to do. Forcing the comfortable solo players to group when many of us can solo almost any Boss in game should not have to happen just to see a laser. And they don't plan on fixing it and that itself is not right. So maybe next time this event happens? lol sad.

Multi-Sev likes this.
  19. greatguy

greatguy Forum Greenhorn

I agree totally with this sentiment, I got 4 onyx skull drops and 3 are going to be taken away??? AND REPLACED WITH NOTHING?!?!? ...while everyone else who got 1 or zero skulls gets 3 more chances than I do to get 1000 draken, polished gems, etc. because the chests will reset?!?!? Once again, I am being punished for doing well in the game. Not to mention the ander spent to revive myself and others in the map, buffs used, and the time wasted. Taking away what is rightfully mine is the lowest blow yet by this company and I doubt I'll be around much longer if this script erases my in game property.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.