The story behind level 60

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Phyrix, Aug 13, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

Most likely u will have to melt all and craft from 0 as ive said.Look at it this way...before the lvl 55 update we were all using the old dragan set (cape, shoulders and helm) and q7 for instance was crap for all classes.No one used q7 then but many use it now, a lot of players used old dragan set and no one use it now.

Its too early to tell what will happen but most likely wont be good for the players in the end.Few more lvl caps and the game will die by the looks of it.Everytime a new lvl cap was added more left the game than those who joined.Its very easy to see this on servers with a low number of players or here in forums.

My suggestion is to work on the balance and make it fair for all both in pve and pvp.Once this was achieved then never ever mess with the lvl cap again.We all know that after every lvl cap increase the balance became worse until it ended with this 1hit fiesta pvp ...i expect this to happen aswell with lvl 60.

Besides, the dev team can still add new content without increasing the lvl cap....its not a must to bring lvl 60 just to add some maps.

2. meurerplay

meurerplay Someday Author

@trakilaki Yes, certainly the game was more popular at that time, but Big Point also invested in advertising, something that does not do more today, I believe it is still PvP, but the question is, this was at that time, if the game was the even if it had no expansion and nothing, I very much doubt that we would all be here ...
    A clear example is the parallel world, many people complain that the between worlds is massive, but there is no doubt that the new is infinitely better than the old one ... and one proof of this that the game is improving is that we will have a further expansion of parallel world without increasing the level cap

@Fugnuts
    yes of course, that accompanies the declarations of Bp, see that they intend to rebalance classes first, so mechendo in PvE soon go in PvP, and lastly a mega update as I say without increasing the maximum level in between worlds.
    Still the Lvl60 will have time, is scheduled for next year alone, a lot has to roll until there ...
    some items in fact are no longer used, that is, constant changes, but let's see, an expansion comes every 2 years, I'm not defending the idea that, yes it's kind of annoying that when you have the character with a good status, there is some change, but this also serves not to stop, let's see, from lvl50 pro 55, some have changed set, others just updated, like for example, I used witch hunter since lvl45, now in 55 I opted for Q8 for just cause to get tired of the set ...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  3. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

Whats the point in re-balancing the pve and pvp if they will increase the lvl cap and it will all be a mess again? By the time they will have finished with the pve and pvp rebalancing we will be in 2019 already and few months later a new lvl cap that will destroy everything will take place.

Struggle for almost 2 years to make a fair balance then few months later... boom..a new lvl cap and everything is in pieces...Why would anyone do that and why should we be ok with that more importantly?

4. -{Gabriel}-

-{Gabriel}- Active Author

Maybe the only people that will benefit from the game going to level 60 are the Mentor Field Marshals sitting at level 48 and 49

No one really wants to grind again for items

And if you look back at every expansion they mess something up annoy a lot of players and lots of people leave

I am pretty sure both American servers can ill afford too loose more players

5. Shiro

Shiro Padavan

My two cents... players in dso are like the stereotype about girls that still like bad boys even if they are being hurt by them...

About old releses Trakilaki is right, there were sooo much more players than now... Personally I started playing because I found DSO on mtv games, while now it's a bless you can find it googling :rolleyes: [idk if the (bad made) joke is undertandable]. So, well, some more ads would help attracting more players.
    On the other hand, new players have tough life now (some may agree, orhers no... I don't care... Imho if I started playing now, I would have quitted already because of too much grind) so it is hard to make them keep playing too, wich means: reduce the grind -> more players will come -> more money will be invested -> BP and players will be happy -> we'll die with a smile printed on our faces (deliberately written as p) -> wake up in panic.

6. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Many of us more casual players are not maxed at Tier 6 level 60 items. Many of us are lucky to have a few tier 6 items but many of our items at tier 0-3 are level 57-60.

Moving to a max level 60 would just put us father behind the end users we are trying to catch up to. I don't see going to level 60 as being a useful step.

Now I'd LOVE to see more maps/quests that I could do at my current level that gave items or other items of value since XP is of no use.

wolfie54 likes this.
  7. KingKrazy1

KingKrazy1 Active Author

I think you are very wrong about this. First, that "stereotype" probably leads people to take less care when considering situations of abuse, much to the detriment of those being abused.
    If anything, DSO is like Rapunzel. Each of us players has our own idea in our mind of what DSO is/should be and why we play it. We all have different ideas about what Rapunzel/DSO (the perfect partner/game) looks like. However, we all mostly agree on one thing. Dame Gothel (the witch). The devs are all Gothel. They keep Rapunzel away from us locked in a tower.

Yup. I use many normal items, some tier 1, some tier 2, and only a single tier 3 item (Cloak of Heroes, which I should be replacing). However, I mostly spend time soloing tier 2/3.

I agree with this. Except, I would not say I am trying to catch up with anyone. I mainly play solo, and I like the slow process of getting stronger over time. I am actually not too excited about getting closer to the point where I will be farming on infernal because there will be a disincentive (lower % armor/res/crit) but no new systems/gameplay/maps/quests/gear....etc. I really really think there should be some good, enjoyable content only available on infernal difficulties. (in addition to new content for less strong lvl 55s)

8. Aslandroth

Aslandroth Regular

I think it is EXTREMELY important to separate the concept of expansion, from level cap. Beyond that, we need to separate general content expansion from PW expansion.
    PW expansions are cool because they don't require raising the level cap, they give us new sets, and a shred of new content. The problem I have with them is, they are a rehash. Re-use an old map and old bosses, and do absolutely nothing new for the story. These are cheap and easy for DSO in relative terms.
    Back when I was lvl 49 they released the desert expansion and subsequent level cap was raised to lvl 55, and at the time I thought it was cool, because I had nothing useful crafted and had not yet reached the end game. I didn't understand the problems it would cause and how painful it would be to maintain a strong character let alone make the build even stronger. Right now I've got a pretty decent build, with almost all T6 and a couple pieces lvl 60, but I am nowhere near where I could be. Do I want to grow stronger? Of course. But I have reached the stage where the grind and boredom make the game unplayable at times. There is nothing new to do or explore. I get it, some players love to grind and run the same boring PW maps day in and day out so they can be gods in the arena but for me, PvP is boring. So, many of you will say, perhaps DSO just isn't the game for me.

But when I was going through the maps, leveling, and experiencing the story, it was a blast! It was in fact the game for me. My preference is for new content, new maps (not just in PW) and new story lines. My suggestion is, add a new continent and make it huge. Also make it hard. Raise the level of the mobs, and raise the cap on equipment levels, not characters. This gives us the opportunity to enjoy the game, pick up new equipment, have something different to do, and if the mobs are extremely difficult, it will take a long time to exhaust the content, because we would need to get stronger under the current cap, using the current methods, and I suspect would have less chance of pissing off the veteran players.

Of course, BP could give two craps about anything I or any of the players say so I am sure with the next non PW expansion, there will be a level cap increase to 60. This is just how they work. What I would suggest, if this is the road they are going to go down, is just raise the cap to 100. I know I will be hated and flamed for saying this but IMO, the negative impact of raising cap to 100 is about the same as raising it to 60. The difference being, BP will have more time than just a year to scramble and figure out the best way to repeat heir mistakes. During that time, they can continue working on new content, and the issue of level cap will be moot, for at least a little longer.

meurerplay likes this.
  9. Shiro

Shiro Padavan

I didn't say it is a good thing

10. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Ahem
    You may not have noticed it but read through this thread and you will find that they have indeed prepped the game for an expansion
    They did it in a very smart and elegant way and kudos to the dev team for doing it in that way.
    Let me elaborate:
    They added 2 new tiers of gems without breaking the gem system
    They added new enchantment lines without breaking the current enchantment system.
    Sargon is on its way and so is Q10
    Level 60 would be interesting xD

Last edited: May 3, 2019