There is something wrong with Cloak of Power quest

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by vinsa, Feb 21, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinsa

vinsa Forum Apprentice

There is something wrong with Cloak of Power quest

I'm playing from two hours, killing only knights in Ocean of bones area, the game don't drop any fragments (Deadly Shards). The drop chance is too low. Same problem with Dark Cloth. I collected all 90/90 Life threads of the Ancestors, but the only 4/12 Deadly Shards and 8/30 Dark Cloth. I have to play months to finish this quest, it's madness!!! Make higher drop chance for this quest, please!

2. tagedieb

tagedieb Advanced

You are lucky. When I hit 90/90 I had only looted 3/30 until then ;)

3. vinsa

vinsa Forum Apprentice

As I said it's madness, I have a job, I pay for this game with my salary, I can't play 8 hours a day to finish this quest. Other side - some kid, who don't pay at all for the game, but it has a lot of free time, it will finish this quest. This is big mistake Bigpoint. Change quest drop chance for premium players.

4. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

Drop rate for this quest is low and this quest takes a lot of time. It has been low for all of us and your request for changing drop for p2p is absurd. Money can't buy you everything, some things also require time and effort. ;)
    (also, I find this post offensive to all f2p, but well.. :rolleyes:)

Ash, Bearer-of-Death, Superme and 2 others like this.
  5. Lordcl

Lordcl Junior Expert

welcome to the club. i finished that quest 2 days ago. ocean of bones do drop those fragments. my advice to you is to solo knights in m1 if you can. just run to the back of the map, kill the knights and restart the map. it is a painfully slow process though. best of luck to you

6. vinsa

vinsa Forum Apprentice

Yes, I did this 2 hours and nothing - 0 fragments

7. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

For me, it took longer to get the Dark Cloth than it did to get the Shards. 0 Frags in 2 hours is normal. More often that not, I could go full days without seeing those frags. What I did is every time I ran to Map2 looking for Dark Cloth, I killed the 4-5 knights on the right side and went on. It was Christmas every time either kind of frag dropped. And in regards to the quest taking months... yes, about 4-6 depending on how persistent/lucky you are.

And I am with FairyQueen. As a F2P, I am offended that you think that money should be able to buy you everything. There are very few things in this game that can only be achieved through hard work and patience. Because of this, I wear mine as a badge of honor... I EARNED it. Plus, you already have an advantage on this quest with premium. It is called free re-spawn and free identification. Free re-spawn allows you to farm map2 very fast, and free identification helps you farm gold much faster. It took me 3 days to farm the last 100 gold i needed once I got all the frags and I was selling all blues and greens. It would have taken me 3-5 hours if I had premium to get that much gold. So, instead of complaining about the unfairness of it all on the forums, use that time to go farm some more.

-Faeriequeen22- likes this.
  8. vinsa

vinsa Forum Apprentice

Dude, I don't care about your opinion, don't tell me what to do. I'm sure my suggestion is good for Bigpoint and for 90% of the players without Cloak of power. Bigpoint know how to make profit.

9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You have money? Good. There are cloaks to be bought with andermants ... cloak of power is for players not for whiners.

10. Superme

Superme Forum Pro

Each person who posts here share their opinion, and in doing so expect the opinion of others. You do not have to be rude about it. A lot of players do not have this cape because they prefer to buy it, and some do not have the gold. It took me about 6 mths to get that cape, and while I was frustrated, it was something to do. Money can not buy everything; certainly can not buy class or grace.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  11. spiro_spula

spiro_spula Forum Connoisseur

Upping the drop rate would be a slap in the face to all the players who got their capes. I just hope the spoiled ones will have to work for it like we did.

-Faeriequeen22- likes this.
  12. SirLar

SirLar Forum Greenhorn

I agree that making it to easy wouldn't be a good thing, but to take 6 months to do is a bit outlandish. I don't mind at all working for what I got I can say I earned it the old fashion way without deep pockets. I would like to finish before I die (you never know what will happen when you step outside your door) I've been to oob 50 times (just this month) and not one time has the dk's drop one frag for me . I've did what other suggested running to the back killing the few dk's still not one drop. Some of us didn't get the high luck ratings that some of you gotten. So I'm just saying 6 months is way to long to be doing one quest

13. spiro_spula

spiro_spula Forum Connoisseur

Don't try to clear the whole m1, just go to the place where a lot of knights tend to spawn and kill that area, then repeat. A good group does this in 3-4 minutes tops and you will kill around 5-6 knights per run on average. The tactic is good because it offers most knight kills per minute, but is very repetitive which makes time look like it's standing still. Most runs will be dropless but on (very) rare occasions two frags can drop in the same run. I can't think of any other suggestions but to arm yourself to the teeth with patience. And good luck with drops 8)

14. AltairBanished

AltairBanished Forum Apprentice

Buddy you just Earned my *RESPECT* for you B) . You're a True Leader for us F2P xP ...

15. _Baragain_

Thanks. I try to be reasonable in all my posts realizing that the purpose of the game is to make money, but at the same time, things must be balanced or the F2Ps will leave. Most of my opinions revolve around this concept of balance.

16. Ash

Ash Advanced

It's a mindset with many aspects of this game. Like farming, I think of it as Zen Farming and just enjoy the general relaxed killing :D

With this Cloak quest it's more like you get it when you get it. As a side quest to working map1. With occasional targeted work in there.

If you TRY to finish the quest it will seem like forever.

Just to throw a spanner into the thread... is this cloak worth it? Aren't there better cloaks? Like Gloom or whatever.
    Just seems the extra crit isn't such a big deal. Not enough to worry yourself about finishing and getting the cloak, or the 1k gold anyway.

17. sper009

sper009 Padavan

I think it's a much better cloak than the Sargon version, especially since you can upgrade it. I use the Sargon cloak occasionally if I try to take the flag in 5v5 or face DKs in 1v1.

18. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

I personally prefer the Sargon Cloak. I can make up crit, armor, damage etc with gems so the 1k cloak is just not worth the time or aggravation to farm for. The % bonuses on the Sargon cloak, while tiny, do help.
    Plus future DSO may be introducing more Unique Cloaks hopefully because quite honestly, the gold and ander cloaks are just too mediocre. Wish they'd offer a lvl 45 Sargon Cloak in event with say 5% buffs instead of 3%. That would be gear worth looking for. They could add a unique cloak drop in Destructor, in all the 40+ bosses each with its own advantages. Heck, I'd buy lots of red to farm lvl 50 Dragan if they would offer a buffed unique cloak from him.

19. sper009

sper009 Padavan

At the moment, these 2 cloaks are the only ones worth mentioning or trying for in my opinion (I guess you could throw the Andermant cloak in as well since it's cheap to upgrade with glyphs. +15 damage, +167 critical, +144 health, +163 armor at level 46 is quite a lot of gems to make up for to gain 3% speed 3% attack speed (the 3% health is about the same as the quantity for the 1k cloak).

I, too, would like to see more cloaks in the future.

20. _Baragain_

As I said earlier, I wear mine as a badge of honor. The crit is not worth so much that I would spend dedicated time working on it. I am just glad to be done with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.