to Radec, about lottery...

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by EmilyRose, Apr 3, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. EmilyRose

EmilyRose Forum Commissioner

Can you explain to me why you choose 20 random numbers between 437 and 523 by taking the first ten and not 10 numbers between 1 and 523 which are all participants in the lottery.
    Sorry, but I think it's unfair.
    [​IMG]

2. Dемои

Dемои Forum Pro

You dont understand forum and you talking about unfair lotery? o_O
    [​IMG]
    Where do you have there 1? I was first and that was my number.

3. Radec

Radec Padavan

Hello there,

The first registered player in lottery was user with post ID 437, the last had ID 523. That is why winner can be only someone between these values. I chose 20 numbers in case someone from first 10 players broke rules, for example by sending more posts. They were there just to substitute rule breakers in case it is needed (and luckily it was not).

I hope it is understandable and well explained :)

4. AkiTonik

AkiTonik Forum Apprentice

if a french understand everybody understand lol :)

5. CiscoNetPlus

CiscoNetPlus Exceptional Talent

It is very strange the post of some people in the Dracanian Championship.

- Answer one thing and then the answer appears changed without leaving the post edited.
    - You are second in the answer, you give refresh several times. You leave and suddenly another post appears before yours.

Are you sure you can't participate in Dracanian Championship BP staff or forum privileges?

You have to investigate those who respond first, it's very strange.

I didn't take a screenshot becuase I didn't think that would happen.

FAALHAAS likes this.
  6. EmilyRose

Yes, it is.

I think if they want it's easy to cheat, but it's a question of trust at the end ;)

trakilaki likes this.
  7. Adrian5798

Adrian5798 Padavan

the best answer: it is what it is. You are slower than others. I can write my answer in good time, but if the quest is harder, it takes longer, but not only for me, but for the rest of players too, so in these moments if you are fast in ckecking information, you have a big chance to writing answer on top 10 :D
    Second thing are guys, who break the rules. One answer, when you write answer, nick and server. Not more, not less. Not edit, not delete.

8. CiscoNetPlus

CiscoNetPlus Exceptional Talent

I know that the ones on the Heredur server are faster than the ones on the Agathon server, but yesterday I saw strange things. In fact, those who I saw yesterday doing those things did not participate today.

9. Melkor

Melkor Forum Greenhorn

Bruh, you investigating that like you should win a skeleton dragon and 1 milion adermants. Take it easy, faster wins, slower lost, that's all. It's true that the long forgoten dragon is good price and others are not bad at all neither. But i don't see anything wrong about what you wrote

10. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Forum Commissioner

I saw same today.
    Multiple people above me in that topic answer ''Hagastove CAVE'' ....but now they all changed to ''Hagastove GROTTO'' without the mention of ''editted'' .

Fishy fishy fishyyy

11. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That was always the case, even when BP employees like CMs were doing the same in the past.
    People simply don't trust them because all "results" and decisions are being made behind the screen ... and the players are asked to "trust" the outcome. But they simply don't trust them because that is simply the human nature and if they don't trust them ... it is even less likely they will trust the mods. And i am not saying these raffles and contests are fixed but knowing the way of them being held and managed rises at least more than just an eyebrow.
    In addition I will list a few things that not just cause suspicion among players but question the legality of the entire competition.
    I do understand the forum ... so fasten your belt, I will take you for a fast ride ;)

1. German Time does NOT exist!
    Germany is in the Central European time zone so the time the BA is referring to is Central European Summer Time (CEST UTC+2).
    Any announcement and mislabeling of the time as "German Time" is creating confusion and unfair advantage to some players over those who are not familiar what "German Time" mean (usually players outside Europe).
    (BTW off topic but - announcements are still made in CET UTC+1 which ended up on March 27th, so we are now on CEST UTC+2 :p )

2. Board Admins and moderators liking other player's posts in a COMPETITION is at least unethical and creates a huge distrust.
    Mods should represent all players and be objective, posts in completion threads are not just ordinary posts but competition entries, liking someone's answer is casting serious doubt in the mod's unbiasedness and the competition in general.

3. There are posts that are raising serious question about the competition fairness.
    In example:
    a) there are accepted answers within several seconds time span with the BA's question post. Knowing the thread is locked down until the question is being posted and the players can't post before the BA's question post ... it is highly unlikely someone to do the following
    • BA can post while thread locked but players can't so they need to refresh when the thread is unlocked
    • be on the thread and refresh so the BA's new post is visible
    • read the question
    • search for answer
    • find the answer on the forum
    • give correct answer and fill the post up with player's credentials
    • select the part of the text
    • click on the toolbar in order to link the text
    • paste the link in the field and press the button
    • and finally hit the post button in order to make the post
    making all these steps in such a short time is unlikely and dubious ... unless the things are being prepared in advance and only waiting to be pasted and posted OR the post is being edited later on - which is against the rules
    b) there are accepted answers with closest possible number guessing, submitted in the dying seconds of the deadline. It is like someone already knows the correct answer but waiting until the end so the closest possible answer guess is being made (because the precise number guess would be even more questionable).

4. In the ranking order wrong statement has been made by the BA.
    [​IMG]

the "deleted post" statement is incorrect ... because the post is NOT deleted (post 552) (screenshot)

5. Sorry, but this can be manipulated very easily
    [​IMG]
    One can always roll them numbers until desired outcome for a screenshot in same or several windows.

6. This one is questioning the legitimacy of the entire contest.
    I know exactly how the forum engine is working and what actions need to be done in order to get something done (or undone).
    In short:
    - each thread has its pages
    - if the thread has high number of posts , they are being sorted out 20 posts per page. If one post is being deleted from one page the first post from the next page is being placed as a last post on the previous page.
    - each post has its own unique identifier so no two posts can have same unique id
    - in same time each post has its own thread order number and no two different posts can have same order number
    - both, the unique id and the order number are publicly visible
    All that ... unless "certain actions" are being performed by an admin ;)
    Therefore we have posts missing consecutive unique id or having same thread order number:
    [​IMG]
    both are #541 and the number of posts is 21 only on that page.
    Imagine if those should compete in a random lottery ... and if there are even more than just two such posts.
    That is making the entire contest doubtful.

Let me quote Del Boy:

Boycie: Where did you get those four bloody aces from?
    Del: Same place you got them Kings.
    I knew you was cheating Boycie.
    Boycie: Oh yeah? How?
    Del: Because that wasn't the hand that I dealt you.

That is why forum contests have been always been accompanied by controversies and therefore avoided on EN forum.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    AndJustice4All and EmilyRose like this.
  12. EmilyRose

today the lottery started at 3, but at 12.30 the numbers that would be drawn were already known ... stunned ... -.-
    [​IMG]

trakilaki likes this.
  13. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Actually nothing is wrong with that one :p
    You need to login to your account so the forum engine convert the forum time to your system time :p
    That is 14:00 CEST
    [​IMG]

As for the random number generator ... it is all good as well . As you can see the tip of the arrow on your screenshot is pointing to the time which is in UTC. Converted to Central European Summer Time that is UTC +2 ... which is 14:30:38 CEST.

AndJustice4All and EmilyRose like this.