twitch stream?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by FAALHAAS, Jul 16, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Forum Duke

Question about this:

Join CM Bella this Friday night July 19 at 2:00pm (UTC) for our epic livestream on the DSO Twitch channel!

Am I missing something or is 2:00pm (UTC) in afternoon and not night as posted in news?
    Wouldnt that be a time most people are at work?

vegetadavid likes this.
  2. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

From what I am remembering of the previous Twitch streams, they were ALWAYS during the workday for me (in the US). Made watching them pretty undoable.

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Yeah ... but that was the German team ... now the game is Chinese and everything I hated in Chinese games is now in DSO.
    Yes you are :)
    Chinese time is UTC +8
    that means 14:00 UTC is 22:00 in China.

4. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

I am not sure what anyone else got out of the Twitch stream but this is what I heard:
    • The Chinese IT/Dev teams didn't get any information about the product the company had just purchased and they are trying to figure out how things works. No instructions or documentation was left behind by the previous team. This probably has lead to a lot of the in-game errors we've been seeing.
    • There is no way to merge servers or transfer characters as this would probably bring the game crashing down and the team doesn't know enough about how the game is built to be able to overcome such a thing.
    • The Devs are tentatively thinking about adding class "mixing" such as adding the Dragon Knight class to your Spellweaver character (Dragon Knight Mage?) rather than adding say, a Monk, to the game. Perhaps this is to better handle dealing with inventory items that are class specific? I can't see how this would be a good thing though.
    • There will be a new Parallel World map added to the game that goes to level 150. From the sounds of things, it will really only be useable by top end players, not new or growing characters.
    • They are looking at PvP changes but, like all the times before, even though it is on the "Road Map", it doesn't sound like it will be any time soon. There were no specifics given other than "rebalancing".
    • They don't believe the players really need new inventory slots since anything we don't use immediately we should throw out. Now for me that is just ridiculous. For example, three of the four bonus codes they just gave were items that any character not at level 100 can use at all. Even if you are level 100, you'll need either get more ingredients to create the portal to the arena, or you'll horde the portals ones you have until you have time to either solo it or get in a group. Some examples of why this line of thought is in error :
      • Essence: Light Essence is needed to kill many Shadow Creatures and it isn't just easily obtainable. Therefore, it must use up an inventory slot (or more for different strengths). The Nian Beast can only be injured by using various food essence and you aren't always out killing the Nian. There are four types (more?) of Elemental Essence. Then there are the normal four essences the game started with.
      • Potions/Tonics/Elixirs: There are four slots on the Skill Bar to put them but the sheer number of them that exist/drop is well over four. Should you just toss the one cool one you just picked up or toss the 20 that are in a slot?
      • Gems: Since gems take time to build, you'll often have lower level gems while you farm gem dust to level those up. It doesn't make sense to toss them. Ever since they added elements to the gems, the sheer number of gem types has quadrupled. Do we really need that many different kinds?
      • Quest Items: Some items like the Shadow Portal items don't drop in even amounts. At the end of the event you'll often end up with three of the four items. Just tossing them seems like a waste. If so many other slots weren't in use (see above), it might be ok for them to use a slot.
      • Un-droppable Items: There aren't many of these but there are a few. It is really frustrating to want to get rid of something but not be able to drop it or sell it. Realm Path to the Smugglers' Hideout is such an item.
    I was really hoping to hear more exciting news that impacted players from all levels. Why add a map only in the Parallel World? Why not add events lower level players can enjoy? Maybe I am just too jaded....

5. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Forum Duke

Feels like they are talking lots of bs then when they say theyre trying to find out how things work. They have no problem creating lottery bags and adjusting them constantly, so to me it seems they just have different piorities.

Everything else is just same talk as always. Lots of promises , but nothing will be done i guess. Or they going to give us another half finished map thats buggy everywhere you walk.

Just meh

6. trakilaki

What a load of BS :D
    At least they could act better and lie intelligently

Last edited: Aug 5, 2024
  7. trakilaki

The previous team didn't provide instructions and extended manuals on how to fix typos.
    [​IMG]
    Therefore they can't fix the typo for more than 4 months.
    Could someone pass them on this manual and a detailed instruction on how to find the "Backspace" button on a keyboard?

Dragonnns and Talbor like this.