Feedback Twitch TV

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Voldemort, Sep 25, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Voldemort

Voldemort Junior Expert

[​IMG]

Hello Heroes,

Please comment on the latest live stream from DSO’s Twitch TV Channel:

- What did you like?

- What do you think can be improved?

- What would you like to see during the live stream?

Drakensang Online’s Official Twitch Tv Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/drakensang

Last edited by moderator: Jan 23, 2015
  2. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

Well, first of all, WOULD YOU PLS GET RID OF THAT MACBOOK!
    I won´t start complaining too much about it, but there is ONE thing i will say about it:
    Macbooks is VERY week when it comes to (specially) graphical work, the fact that you are working with such weak PC´s for developing a GAME, shows just how unproffesional you guys are. I really hope that the Macbook on the picture is only showoff for "nice" pictures, if you truly work with graphical tasks on those things, then it really makes sense with that insane amount of bugs, errors and lags.

Well, back to topic.

I must say, i really like the layout you are using for showing pictures and showing your gameplay, that really works for you.
    I must say, you have already improved a lot, you are using the time better than before(i haven´t seen them all).
    But still, you guys do waste time on useless nonsense sometimes, if you could shorten it down a bit more with more concrete information and rumors, all of us would save more time. Many times it have been a complete waste of time to get a few teasers.

And finally, what i personally want to see for the future, i would like to see what the Devs are planning, info about upcoming events and maybe a couple of minutes gameplay in a completely new map or something like it.

And then 1 thing i don´t know if you can do anything about. The damn chat. I don´t have a twitch-login, but it is still annoying just a look at it for one second. There is insane amounts of kids spamming nonsense, people talking just a bit too rude(if you ask me) and generally people who don´t know how to behave properly on a big chat like that.
    I can see that you have more Mods to delete unapropriate messages, but the insane amount of spam is still a problem.
    My personal suggestion to make the chat useable and readable, is to make a timelimit of 1 message per 30 seconds or something like that.
    I don´t know if it is possible, but it would really make it easier for you AND us.

But so far, you have improved a lot as far as i can see, keep up that good work, would the Devs pls start to do the same? :D

trakilaki likes this.
  3. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

The guy in the picture is a community manager. He doesn't do any programming. Macbook is fine for sending out emails and (rarely) responding to posts in the forum :) Also, probably plays a lot of farming games and tetris knock-offs etc, etc... sure doesn't play much DSO based on what I've seen in the Twitch videos :p

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

As usual ... just a waste of bits.
    Nothing answered ... at least not more than we already know.
    They don't know if the "Invasion" event will continue ... or if it continues they don't know when ... :D:D ... my question is ... what about defender's set then???
    Someone have proposed something like costume shop to be implemented and Greg was asking about more specific description of this shop. Well i can describe it thoroughly:
    a shop where costumes can be bought.

Then ... there was a quiz ... questions were answered and we never saw the answers and who answered it ... BTW we never heard the official answers on those questions. and the prizes were once in a lifetime opportunity: 10 amphorae keys, 10 lockpicks and ... finally ... the grand prize ... permanent repair tool kit :D:D

Greg ... have you ever read the feedback about what community really thinks of the loot compare tool?
    99.9% of community doesn't want this tool in the game ... and you are saying we don't plan to make "turn off" option for it ... but we do plan to improve it.
    Make a improvement and play for yourselves ... the community don't like this tool ... and you shall listen to the community and make "turn off" option or discard this joke of a tool from the game.

BTW ... no gamer uses "bitten apple".

5. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

Damn, i had hoped to be a bit more positive for once... but trakilaki is 100% right. It really seems like Multi-Sev is right about the tetris :D
    As i have said before, we have some Devs who don´t know where they are heading with this game, and some CM´s who don´t even know the game at all.

BTW trakilaki, the best one is "crApple"! But "bitten apple" is also a good one :D

Bearer-of-Death likes this.
  6. Dylannn

Dylannn Board Analyst

1 prize is better than 0.. Ya know. ^-^

[​IMG]

Anyway, though you might think it's all bad bad bad, it's going more and more to a better way. Well, it's just my opinion...
    Keep it up.

7. Voldemort

Voldemort Junior Expert

congratulations with your prize Dylannn :)

8. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

The good news is, there will be NO option to turn off the loot compare...despite what the community/players really wants/needs, this shows how much the dev team care for our feedback to improve the game.

As for the rest of the show, well.....it's target to the little people "PG 8 - 14"!!!
    It looks and feels more like a...."Teletubbies" show, rather than show about a game for adults, which is their target to get money.

Well, at least every P2P now knows that his/hers contribution/payment/investment is well spend:D:p:D
    P.S. - (sorry for the distasteful joke, but true...)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    Wyrwiflaka and Hartvig like this.
  9. Dylannn

Dylannn Board Analyst

Thanks to both ^^

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  10. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Congratulations Dylannn :)

mrmlja likes this.
  11. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

You know, no joke can be as distasteful as BP´s work... :D

And yes, all along this Twitch-thingy have been for small kids, come on Greg and Dracaty, stop playing kids(i really hope you are just playing:D).

Actually, what i would really like, was someone from the Dev-team to get his EDIT over to the cameras, and actually talk about their "great" work. What are their own opinions about what they are doing?

Last edited by moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  12. CM Greg

CM Greg Forum Newbie

@Hartvig :
    I am present in the forums but i was off for the last days (every human being needs a vacation sometimes);)
    And just because I do not respond within 10 seconds, does not mean that I do not read what you guys have to say.

Macbook
    The picture above is simply a promotional picture - in fact Dracaty and I have stationary PCs.
    However, as you might know, DSO also exists for the MAC and runs quite nicely. I am not getting into the MAC vs PC clash.
    DSO is meant to be playable on PC and MAC, the choice whether a user wants to support Apple or Microsoft is their own.
    I personally prefer MAC for daily tasks and stationary PC for gaming.

CM's not knowing the game
    That's like a oxymoron statement on its own - of course we play the game and know the game.
    Why else do you think we know all the terminology and the areas - you cannot be a CM of a game an not play/know it.
    We sometimes get mixed up with terminology however because we support 20 communities in which items are called differently.
    That being said, of course there are players out there who have more time and more skilled than us when it comes to Drakensang.
    That is natural and depends on how driven you are with the game. Being a CM is not about being the best DSO player, its about being the representative and spokesperson of the community & the game. We listen to what you guys want and try to implement it as much as possible. There are numerous examples that indicate that we realize the things that you guys want to see (Desert of Essences, portable repair kit, PvP rework (upcoming)). The developers work with us to find out what 'you' want.

Annoying Chat:
    You are right, we are not fans of the spamming in the chat and you observed correctly, we have mods there during the chat
    but they have reached their capacity;) We will look into further possibilities.

Also I appreciate to read that you see that we are trying to improve as best we can. Thank you:)

@trakilaki :

Compare Loot
    Its funny actually, half a year ago we collected information in the forums and on social media and the trend was obvious - compare loot was desired. However, working with a community you will realize that its challenging to satisfy everyone's demands. Imagine you worked on a feature for longer, you implement it and a week later you are asked to take it out again, simply because a percentage of players react allergic to change, would you simply give up or instead try to improve it?
    Its a useful tool and skeptical minds should give it a chance. The majority of the community wanted this feature and the developers kept our word.

Content of Twitch in general
    Of course some will find it silly and useless - believe me, its not my intention to run around in dirndls all the time;)
    However, consider that we are trying to cover a large and demanding audience. Some will like the jokes and content, some won't.
    See the thing with twitch is, you are meant to stream game sessions for hours....however, we have not THAT much time to spend there 40-50min is quite a lot. We are trying to give you the information that is available.
    No of course we cannot tell you WHEN the next Invasion of XXX is but thats not because we do not know what's going on.
    This is solely because the next version of this event type is not planned yet. That's all. We cannot share you information that we - ourselves - do not have. It comes basically down to that.

Also imagine - lets say I'd promise on stream that Event XXX will follow on day XYZ - then two weeks later the event gets delayed - and who's the fool the community will blame for false information? Right, that would be me;)

Therefore, we CMs prefer to give you information when we actually have it and when its 100% certain.

Thanks for your feedback for now!:)

Voldemort likes this.
  13. Multi-Sev

Terminology aside, when you go into town and can't remember where to find a particular NPC: that does not show a lot of gameplay experience. I refer you to the Twitch video introducing the Gnob Cave. I'm not going to point to the exact minute and second, but I remember the incident (among others, from that and other videos, in a similar vein). I could find them all but I have no desire to watch another minute of Twitch silliness. I swore off going to your Twitch channel some time ago. Suffice it to say, I remember them.

Wyrwiflaka and Bearer-of-Death like this.
  14. CM Greg

CM Greg Forum Newbie

@Multi-Sev : since your are so against the twitch sessions, why do you even bother watching them?
    Also, I want to see you try to read a chat, speak live on camera, explain live, maneuver through the game and operate the streaming
    software at the same time while being a walking DSO wikipedia;)

thebearreturns and Dylannn like this.
  15. Dylannn

Dylannn Board Analyst

Totally right, I don't think it's easy to do all this at the same time, won't be able to do it myself I guess.
    Again I'll have to say Greg is right. ;)
    The CM's got enough work to do I think, then they also check the forum, make Twitch streams, etc...
    In my opinion, they are really doing good, we all know there are bugs, but it's not very easy to fix them all.

Greetings...

PS: I do love the Twitch streams, they are interesting and useful for information.
    A nice way to communicate with the players. Don't you think?

16. Multi-Sev

I'm not sure, but did you read all of my post? I said that I no longer watch them: 'I swore off going to your Twitch channel some time ago.' I have not watched the last 2 (3-4?) videos, nor do I plan to watch any in the future. The Gnob Cave one was the last video I could stand to sit through.

If your job is difficult, I'm sure you could become a programmer. Based on the ongoing bug problem, and the badly implemented new features, I don't think much is expected of them.

Obviously, you have your opinions and I have mine. It looks like we'll have to agree to disagree. Unfortunately, a lot of the players tend to see it my way - which does not bode well. I am unhappy about that and what it means for the future of the game.

17. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

Multi-Tasking isn't for everybody, but i'm pretty sure that everyone here (who has a driving license)can "drive while talking on a mobile + radio/music" no pressure there...nooo, avoiding to crash into other car or to avoid pedestrian is an easy task!!!

I don't know how to say it, Multi-Sev...you're talking to a wall!!!

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ likes this.
  18. Multi-Sev

You're right. There's no point to this. Opinions are in conflict here. I agree to disagree and move on...

19. Slitrobo

Slitrobo Forum Connoisseur

I like the silly stuff and I like the serious stuff. I think this is the best way to communicate with the players.

Also, Greg looked fabulous in his drindle dress. :D

20. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

Well, im happy that you actually came up with a reasonable answer for all are complaints. BUT:

I have to admit, im on Multi-Sev side, i think he is right.

I will keep it short and simple, the most importent thing i have to say right now, is about you writing: "here are numerous examples that indicate that we realize the things that you guys want to see (Desert of Essences, portable repair kit, PvP rework (upcoming)). The developers work with us to find out what 'you' want."

Desert of essense was right, we really did want to play it again, and i have enjoyed it this time.
    PvP rework in the other hand, have we yelled at you guys for who knows how long? This shows the fact that you guys are pretty damn slow most of the times.
    And then, "the portable repair kit"...
    Of course i can only speak for the english forum(and the long gone danish forum), but i have NEVER seen ANYONE asking for it!
    This is obviously your idea, or a sincle newer player who asked for it, and you thought it was a good idea. We do not think it is a good idea to improve the game. The most advanced players believe that it is nothing but useless waste of work and time.
    Also, i have never seen anyone asking for loot-comparing. Never in my total time of playing this game and using forums. Never.
    My guess is, that it became popular in other games with different systems and gameplays, and YOU GUYS, thought it would be great in this game. It isn´t. Especially when the Devs messed it up so much.
    Truly, i believe that the communication isn´t nearly as good as you claim it is.
    Our true wishes rarely reach the Devs, and they never reach the game. That is why i stopped coming with ideas in the creative corner long before we moved to the new forum-software.

Oh, BTW. I wasn´t sceptical about the loot-comparing at the start. I have played a bit D3, and there they have a VERY well working comparing. But when your comparing reached the live-servers, i would rather have it gone again. It is just annoying as it is right now. And i hate the new graphics on the gems.

Damn i miss the good old days...

EDIT: Actually, i think i have got enough of the discussions in official threads. They don´t help anybody, and the only thing i can do here is complaining about things that won´t get better.

I will try to completely stay away untill i have some truly positive things to say...

VMmage and Bearer-of-Death like this.