Two PVP modes

Discussion in 'PvP (Player vs. Player)' started by Phyrix, Nov 3, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Would you keep playing DSO if there was 2 pvp modes?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    77.4%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Well I read what @trakilaki said and I agree
    Pvp will be more balanced if only set bonuses was disabled and this will allow for more variety in pvp
    Of course the other mode would be the gearless one on test server
    would you keep playing dso if that was possible and would you keep farming pve for your geared pvp? post your answer on the poll.
    Everyone says no or yes or everyone is haters of the new mode or love it
    having 2 fair modes is the only true way forward.
    However if you support this, share it till your fingers bleed and make everyone aware of this poll including the dev team

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  2. Hetsunien

Hetsunien Padavan

I will keep playing this game as far as it exists no matter what changes are or will be.

lovatic66 likes this.
  3. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

If admin would be so kind as to fix my typo xD
    I only see it now and cant edit xD

4. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I probably will keep playing regardless, since I'm not here for the PvP. But if they implemented 2 modes, PvP on Tegan would be even deader than now because there aren't enough players to split between the two modes.

Please_enter_a_name likes this.
  5. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Well apparently the new "MOBA" mode is to gain more players
    however it seems a lot of paying customers will be sacrificed, personally I know of one with 7.5 years of play and the title master on agathon and he says he will leave.
    Things like these are disasterous
    So why not enable 2 fair modes that can keep payers and free players happy and have a much bigger client base in total?

6. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

The only way I see they could implement "2 modes" is to eliminate having 4 different pvp types. 4 x 2 = 8 modes of PvP? I'm not sure you can even find 10 people to start a single 5v5 match on Tegan some days. Divide those 10 people amongst 8 modes is not viable lol.

7. emmaaxxx

emmaaxxx Someday Author

They can.
    They just need to put more rewards from arenas. For example, daily reward like : 1 glover if u win at least on two from four (full geared) arenas and another 1 glover if u do the same on (no full geared) arenas. Something like this could enable ppl from both sides (like 7 yo full geared players and 1-2 months newbies players) play on both types of arenas.

Phyrix likes this.
  8. ThukMohl

ThukMohl Forum Apprentice

Yes for 2 types of PVP, Gear and Gearless.

In order not to divide furthermore the DSO low player base, what the devs have to do is put more options on the PVP selection.
    Its like:
    1. Gear - find a match with geared players
    2. Gearless - find a match with gearless players
    3. Gear and Gearless - find a match with geared/gearless players. The pros on this option will increase the speed of getting a match. The cons is if you are wearing equipment optimized for geared pvp and your match is optimized for gearless fight, gearless fighter will have an edge, but i think the difference between the two is little. Or build equipment for both type so players will have a reason to spend again. DSO should think about this maybe this idea could bring some money to them.

They can also implement this option on other PVP modes, to speed up on getting a match.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  9. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

They can have gearless pvp for lv1 to 50 and from 50 to 55 with gear and they should make arena like infernal maps that is the easiest way to balance pvp and also no bonus sets because they scale too much.
    Gearless pvp is perfect for new and low level players and can atract many players.
    Pvp with gear should be for the last 5 levels so that we can test our strenght in arena to have a viable and competitive end game.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  10. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

You know why this isn't going to float right? The game has been steadily moving towards severing the link between PvP and PvE. First it was removing honor tree effects from pve. Then it's removing wisdom tree from pvp. Why? Because if you read the forums there have been complaints from years from a lot of people: "Why do I have to play pvp? I just want to pve." Well, the devs heard those people so that's why it's heading the way it is now. Seems doubtful they're going to reverse their position suddenly.

11. This is the worst idea ever. Who in his right mind would want to play gearless vs geared players lmao? Why would anyone bother investing in gear if the difference would be minimal to that of a gearless player? This won't fix PvP at all.. it's even worse than just gearless pvp.

The only thing I can see slightly improving PvP activity is PvP seasonal leaderboards similar to PvE. Regardless of that - GEARED PvP needs balancing in all scenarios.

I am against proposed PvP changes but if you tell me current PvP is balanced you're delusional.

Trakilaki has the best solution, in my opinion. Give it a read if you haven't already.

piteris2 likes this.
  12. ThukMohl

ThukMohl Forum Apprentice

Geared player can select both type, Gear and Gearless. If a match he get is Gearless PVP, his geared equipment will have no effect, that's what in R213/214 PVP. A Geared player fighting a Gearless player in a Gearless PVP match their equipment have a minimal difference, that's what I mean.

Gearless player must select Gearless match only. It's up to a gearless player selecting a Gear PVP while wearing a gearless equipment.

My idea is not another type of PVP, it's only a match selection/option in order not to divide furthermore DSO low playerbase.

I agree, it must be balance. DSO should consider Trakilaki's proposal.

13. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Actually I got another crazy idea
    How about they move the very few balor players there is to other servers and clone all our builds from all the servers to balor
    With the exception of our enchants gems and glyphs
    that would be theee pvp server!!! and all people who want to play gearless can go there of their own volition whenever they want :D

14. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

How about they simply combine all the EU servers into one big server, have both PvP modes, then finding a match (either geared or gearless) should be way faster.

sreakn likes this.
  15. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

now that would defeat the purpose of having a dedicated pvp server, and of course all the american servers since there only 2 would benefit from a dedicated pvp server much more.
    also why they seem to be unable to copy a build from one server to another is not your gems or items but the enchantments
    Thus a dedicated gearless pvp server would be easy to set up ( sync would possibly be feasible but I am not too sure on that, added they might be able to run some sort of script enabling permanent sync between main build and pvp build )

16. sreakn

sreakn Forum Greenhorn

5v5 Capture the Flag mode always should be accessible. Because Capture the Flag mode is most popular pvp mode.
    As a result three pvp modes can be good. But only two modes is not satisfying.

17. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

I think the only way to balance this game is to create skills dedicated only to Pvp with a personalized page!

And yes, pvp must be separated from pve if not when your skills change because you are unbalanced. The pve becomes a disaster or there is no margin to fix the mess!

The Dk is an example in pve right now!

But it is something that over time is repeated with the other classes and must be remedied at this point I hope with the next expansion if the players have the courage to stay!

That said, only 1 decent is enough for me, if 1 already creates problems 2 it will be expensive and unmanageable!

I remind you of the various bug items and ablilities, the cheaters with the various illegal programs that they cannot solve and this only with 1 mode!

18. ViperMK3

ViperMK3 Forum Apprentice

I was hardcore farming Knowledge level and then they said me that I can not use it PvP....

19. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

and what if it turns out the said skills are highly desired in pve too?

kuwabaraz likes this.
  20. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

Good question!

But we always have those problems! If they are too strong for a class even in pvp, they change them because users complain!

The half solutions have created the current game, but maybe it's just me to see it so surely there are those who enjoy the same!