Unlocking Gear Slots

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Talbor, Jun 26, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Talbor

Talbor Advanced

I know for Uniques we can unlock all 10 slots for gems, but until recently I assumed we could do the same for all gear. Can anyone tell me how many slots can be opened on Legendary & the Blue set pieces like The Witchseeker belt please?

I have a few pieces I'm debating opening slots on since I think I'll be stuck using them for a long time. For example my helmet is lvl 145 legendary with pretty nice stats. I was using a lvl 145 Heredurs helmet, but stats where worse & the unique enchant is useless for me since I don't use death sweep or whatever the bonus is on it. I have a couple other slots with the same problem.

I kinda hate using andermant on non-permanent gear, but I'm struggling with getting more power since wisdom-based boost are maxed, runes maxed & gems are pretty good. I'm at refined/brilliant trapz on most and some Imperials mixed in.

2. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Forum Duke

blue set pieces can unlock 10/10

leg pieces can unlock 8/10 (but cost 1500 ander instead of 2000 per socket)

Talbor likes this.
  3. ABC

ABC Moderator Team Drakensang Online

Hi there, you can consider waiting to fully open gem slots until you have all the uniques you need for your end-game/long-term builds. :) Try sifting through sample builds offered by fellow players on our social platforms and you can open full gem slots on the uniques you need as you get them one by one. Your main goal for the long-term will be to aim for an all-unique build, most of the time. Especially with the unique values, set bonuses, and corresponding opportunities for enchantments available in these builds, you will likely want to reserve most of your resources for crafting and opening slots on these types of items. Nowadays, there are many uniques that you can craft fairly easily with painful-level skins from bosses, so one-by-one you will be able to establish your long-term build ^^

Talbor likes this.
  4. Talbor

Talbor Advanced

Thank you! I was guessing legend would be 9 instead of 8, but at least they're a bit cheaper.

5. Talbor

Talbor Advanced

That's been my biggest problem, trying to find info on the best pieces for each slot since so much of the info in the forums is so old. Velveteens site sounded promising, but it's down now. I did check through some of the uniques I have available to craft, but I'm lacking a lot of those atm and without having them unlocked I can't see the stats or anything the piece offers. The ability to see what all crafted pieces offer would be great, but doubt that's a priority for the devs.

You mention using painful-level skins to craft with. I sorta remember seeing that mentioned in a post I read weeks back while looking for something else, but I forgot to go back to look into it more. I'd assumed I'd need Bloodshed-level skins for best results. The main skins I have any real quantity of atm are the ones offered for drakens at various times. I'll look for more info on that since I should be good doing painful-level bosses :)

I have lvl 145 Uniques for most slots atm, but I'm sure there's better choices. I'm currently still trying to max out crit & that's been my main focus when looking for Uniques, but I can't really get higher crit on those now. I know there has to be pieces with crit for the bonus that I'll farm/craft once I find out what they are, lol.

What other Social media do folks post to besides Facebook (I don't use that anymore)? I think I've seen Discord mentioned, but can't think of any others.

Thanks a bunch for the advice!

6. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

The Jewel of Rage (obtained from the periodic [might be run only annually?] event) is another very important source of crit.

Check the event-calendar section of the DSO Discord channel ... and, yes, Discord is now the primary social media app for DSO. The mods here in this set of forums do try to keep the Event Announcements forum up-to-date, but they are a small volunteer downstream team, so may be a step or two behind Discord and any given moment.

7. Talbor

Talbor Advanced

Thank you for the links! I'll be sure to check all that out. That Rage jewel looks like it comes from The Rocketman, so I'll have to watch for that one & hopefully complete it :)