Upcoming bot/cheater ban

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Rhysingstar, Mar 5, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoulaAek1

VoulaAek1 Forum Connoisseur

Why someone to be a botter if he doesn't kill the final boss? That's ridiculous. I know many players who do only m1 in q8 and not full map but only the half one because it is the easiest and fastest way to earn points. I did the same and obviously I am not a botter. Your argument is poor and unrationall. The same can be told for q3. You are not capable to prove who is a botter and who is not.

trakilaki likes this.
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Not killing a boss and playing a single map is not a proof of botting.
    For LBs you have to have a strategy especially if you are fighting for a top ranking.
    Some Qs are better to be played in short fast runs in one map and some Qs are better to be played in full fast runs.
    In example ... Q8 on Infernal II gives you 10800 points in 4-5 minutes only by doing first half of m1 ... while it takes significantly higher time to complete the entire Q together with Sigrismarr. Also you will probably need to use more powerful essences to defeat the boss faster.
    Contrary to q8 ... q4 and q6 are better to be played by fast running trough the entire Q and kill the boss. On your way to boss' room you would get full green bar and you would get bonus time + boss kill points. You don't even need to get full green bar before killing the boss so the run would be successful ... you can only run and kill only 5 knights(q6)/commanders(Q4) in m2 and you would still get much more points than just playing m1 and killing regular monsters.
    [​IMG]
    It is all up to your strategy.
    Botters and cheaters may not be all punished (especially gangbangers who where not punished at all) ... but playing only first map and killing regular monsters is not a proof of botting/cheating at all.

_Baragain_ and VoulaAek1 like this.
  3. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

I think i didnt explained so well what i ment (my english maybe is not so good), so i guess is my fault that i have been missunderstood.

I will try to rephrase problem in simple terms:

1) Can some unknown player that has a huge amount of progreess at some map from leaderboards, no boss killed, no time points to be suspected to be a booter (Y/N?)
    2) IF the answer to 1. is Y, what to do next?
    2.1 To report him to support for beeing checked? If support say is not a booter, can support answer to be 100% trusted? It happened many times when some companies hidded the truth giving an unclear answer in such cases, until the real truth was revealed.
    2.2 To do something else than 2.1? What?
    3) IF the answer to 1. is N, how can be a booter recognized, and what to do next.

Thanks for your patience.

LE: My personal goal on this matter is to convince mysel if there still are (many/less/none) booters on this game or not. If i will conclude that still many booters exists and they are not automatically checked and banned regulary by DSO team (in short periods), i decided to not suport this game anymore, and for sure i will try to spend less time in a booter game, because you all now that this game can be a huge time consuming. I hope your opinions will help on this matter, thanks.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  4. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

The problem with your analysis is that the answer to number 1 is NO. There are a large number of reasons why a legitimate player would have "a huge amount of progreess at some map from leaderboards, no boss killed, no time points".

I routinely have "a huge amount of progreess at some map from leaderboards, no boss killed, no time points" in several maps."

Hailstone and Stonekeep, especially, lend themself well to the leaderboards having no boss killed, no time points. A lot of players do not use the boss sets or need frost/shock cores, but want as many drops a possible in a short period of time.

Additionally, a lot ranged players, including my mesh, just run Ocean of Bones nonstop for Death Rings and get sufficient leaderboard progress that way. Plus sometimes even 2 knights plus the end miniboss in Halls of the dead, especially if soloing infernal II and III.

To recognize a botter, you'll have to stalk them and get videos.

trakilaki, VoulaAek1 and ghostmagicus like this.
  5. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

Thanks for answer, i really appreciate.

But, can we go a little further into details? Although some guys may say that dont, size it really matters.

What you consider to be "a huge amount of progress"? 5x amount needed for gold? 10x amount neded for gold? 100x?
    Do you think there is a limit , after player may be reasonable be suspected as a booter?

Please note again that my goal is not that someone to be banned ( if so i want all booters to be banned) or to get some advantage ( i just ask for fair play) , but to discover the truth about booters, is more like a quest for searching the truth. I never reported someone to support (i didnt have reasons) , and to chase players and make videos is not an option for me.

Cheers.

6. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

Try to track a players online time (and keep a record of it if you can)... if they are running a lot of long hours non stop... you can call that "suspicious"
    Next, whisper them... have friends or guild mates whisper them.. if they give no reply, it can be considered "suspicious"
    If they have large points in most or all leaderboards, with no time or boss kill points, this can also be considered "suspicious"

If your suspected player meets most. or all, of these criteria, then you send as much info as you have gathered, including the times and days you know they were logged on for an extreme amount of time, send it all into support and just trust that they will do the best they can to look into the situation. If it seems they have not told you everything, and later you find out there is more to the story, be assured that they limited the available information for good reason.

As for the overall problem with Botters/Cheaters... there will ALWAYS be those who are willing to try and get away with it.. I just play my toons and believe the Devs/Company will deal with them... let swing wide The Ban Hammer! ... and deal with those that do choose to cheat.

Thanks, Doc.

trakilaki and VoulaAek1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.