Upgrading Factors, Can We Get A Final Explanation?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by -DeathsRevenge-, Mar 2, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GroovieGimp

GroovieGimp Forum Apprentice

Well. that is disheartening.

I only have one decent weapon for my dk after months of trying to get better through both farming and crafting. Everything that I have come across personally hasn't been close to being what I already have so I've invested a ton of GoP and upgraded it 9 times now.

Unfortunately, I still need to raise it 8 more levels to reach my current character level, let alone bring it up to the level cap....

Oh, well...

2. -DeathsRevenge-

-DeathsRevenge- Advanced

[​IMG]

Once again.. :)

3. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Except that is normal for an off hand. BTW, Nice shield!

4. -DeathsRevenge-

-DeathsRevenge- Advanced

Thanks, but not exactly. When looking at let's say Lordodemons's shield upgraded to 50 he spend 21.6mil glyphs, meanwhile this one costs over twice as much? Just from 45 to 46 we talk over 3 million glyphs lol.

*edit* It even costs more then a legendary 2h from 45 to 50

5. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

I want to bump this thread as the problem seems to have fallen between the cracks and has now been ignored for 6 months. The original post I saw on this problem was from December. It was reported directly to Rick T. with a response from him in his Dialog thread. The answer that came was that the GOP upgrade costs were "complicated." This apparently is not worth fixing, which is incredibly sad since a basic function of the game with an obvious bug doesn't seem to have any priority at all because it's complicated.

sebastian_fl and -DeathsRevenge- like this.
  6. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Thank you for bumping it up. It is already 6 releases since I received answer from support which confirmed the bug and Rick/team knowledge of its existence and a promise to provide a global fix in the nearest release. I suggest we all write to support again so they don't think it is not that important.

7. Master0fpuppets

Master0fpuppets Forum Baron

wow, your sheild :( makes me very sad, I never got it in 2 years of playing, not even at lower levels, never.

8. -DeathsRevenge-

-DeathsRevenge- Advanced

Won't even be used cause of the EDIT Glyph bug. :(

Last edited by moderator: Jun 10, 2015
  9. Delikvent

Delikvent Forum Apprentice

Better item, higher upgrade prices, for my 2h I need over 46m GoP to raise its lvl from 45 to 50. And it is good, bcs this is game that will keep you entertainment for long period, so relax and play.

10. thebearreturns

thebearreturns Exceptional Talent

Lvling minimum cost for 2h weapons from 45 to 50 is 45 million of glyphs... i got mine at lvl 49 and the improvement doesn't worth the cost ... 27.5 millions for 60 more dmg...

11. Delikvent

Not true, spent 1.6m GoP to upgrade on lvl 46 and need 44.5m GoP to upgrade it on lvl 50, and that is 46.1m GoP.

12. -DeathsRevenge-

-DeathsRevenge- Advanced

Please go to 1st post of this thread!!

13. Delikvent

My mistake. :)

14. thebearreturns

thebearreturns Exceptional Talent

Then... 46.1 million is lower than 45 million?? .... XD

15. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

[​IMG]

Literally 2 of my mortgage payments in real cash as per ander/$ exchange. I seriously doubt 'fixing' the glyph upgrade system is ever going to be a priority, like many things that need fixes now. Too bad we have to throw these items away.
    BTW it has added 86.4% damage and 43.1% crit damage on weapon stats, so even at lvl 50, the damage it woud have with say five +20 rubies is still pretty low compared to some of these monster lvl 45 2 handers people are getting.

16. _Baragain_

Yea, that isn't what we are talking about. That is about normal for a lower item. Only items that have only % based enchantments are effected.

sebastian_fl likes this.
  17. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

"Only % based enhancements" ? Reread the first post of the thread. Don't see "only" % based enchantments on that sword. That cost should be considered a crime for only 5 level upgrade. And my example is not a normal glyph upgrade cost. Have a lvl 17 ranger I use for PvP and to get a lvl 15 piece of gear to lvl 50 only costs under 500k ander in glyphs on most of the equipped gear it has. But not the weapon it has. Because the weapon has added 57% added damage on it plus one just damage line, that would cost me over 100 mil to make it lvl 50, which btw I know 57% is crap and therefore it will serve its purpose then be melted. So regardless of what is or apparently NOT allowed to be an example of an epic DSO fail in glyph upgrading costs, it's all a complete mess. Weapons are apparently considered too valuable and DSO uses that fact against the player base.

18. _Baragain_

Are we reading the same opening post? I double checked to see if I had lost my marbles, but there it was. 65.7%, 47.0%, and 31.2% weapon damage and 44.6% Crit Damage. Then there is the post BigPapa referenced in the Rick thread. It shows a bow... also with all % enchantments. Or read post #6. Or the official announcement about the bug which refers to the % based enchantments as "Relative Enchantments."

The truth is that lower level weapons are always crazy to upgrade, but they are not as crazy as a LVL 45 that costs over 150M compared to the normal 50M. Also, I'd be willing to bet that if you could find a lower level Legendary 2H with nothing but % enchantments, your mind would be blown by the price to upgrade it to 50.

sebastian_fl likes this.
  19. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Guess you need to read 1st post again, and maybe again...

On topic, the funniest thing about this super old and confirmed bug is the official post on one of the other lang forum which says the problem is super complicated and deep so Dev can't figure out the root cause yet.

Bet every junior developer I know would debug/troubleshoot the hell out of this one in 1 hour or less. Seems like they just don't care and it is far below the yellow line of their product backlog.

Edit: ah, thanks Baragain, didn't know there is an official message here on this forum as well :)

20. I apologise for the lack of communication regarding this issue. That is an oversight by yours truly. I have been nagging Big Point about this issue in most Weekly Reports since R139 was implemented and I have also directly raised this issue with our CMs. It has been acknowledged as being an error. Big Point has stated that it will be remedied. I will keep bugging them for an ETA on the fix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.