Upgrading Factors, Can We Get A Final Explanation?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by -DeathsRevenge-, Mar 2, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Allo, you've always had our back. I and others do realize how much you fight for us with the tools you're provided, even if it mostly happens behind the curtain. Wizard of Oz reference :) Thanks for what you and the other mods do.

thedarkestlight and Mindship like this.
  2. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

In retrospect, unless one is a heavy P2P and has 5 slots on whatever gear piece it is with 5 top 3 tier gems in it, then glyphing any gear is pointless as the added values you get from the fixed and base enchantments is actually pathetically low for 5 level gain. The % enchantment value never changes so the only thing that buffs the item are gems really.
    And just MAYBE it's a good thing that glyph upgrading is insane for monster items because it prevents the players from creating "God Mode" weapons and items. (unless they mortgage their homes for DSO as they need to feel omnipotent in a video game and happily starve themselves because buying glyphs is much more important than food.)
    And there probably are quite a few players who have invested well over $10k for glyphs and gems, but that is their issue and one day hindsight may rear its ugly head and many people will have to face palm themselves for investing in absolutely nothing but virtual ego.
    I thought about this and the simple fact that we do not OWN our accounts, or ever will be able to, makes me think investing in all the fluff we think we think we need in this game is crazy in itself.

3. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Man, you have no idea what you are talking about, simple because you are not there yet.

People here talk about mostly 2 items - shields and 2handed swords(weapons).

Getting shield to next level is a great upgrade and it adds lots of block rate and reduction assuming you have at least 40%,40% 40% 40% attributes. It is even better of you have some of them near 60%-65%.

Secondly, you will not be upgrading your item to lvl 50 the next day, but the lvl 49 or even 47-48 would have a superb value

Thirdly, we are not talking about necessarily legendary items here. I still use purple ball and have this issue with it. My 2-2 legendary is not an option at all unless the bug is fixed. Some people cant get their blues and greens to the next levels either.

Last, but not least, people here, and so do I, farm 1M glyphs per day easily, so getting some glyphs to get whatever to lvl 49 is not that hard. And trust me, shield or sword 4 level upgrade is a huge thing for your block or damage.

4. multitoonz

Yeah, I'm "not there yet".

[​IMG]

Oh and have one of these too...

[​IMG]

So you're probably right, I have NO IDEA what I'm doing or even saying, you know because I have NO CLUE how glyph upgrading actually works and all. Gee, maybe I shooda grayjuuayted skoool win i wus yung

The sword is melt at lvl 50 as I won't waste 45 mil glyphs to upgrade it and it will more than do the job for the game the next 5 levels easy. And since upgrading weapons and shields is more important for the pay2win pvp, I honestly do not care and hope glyph upgrading will always be much higher for weapons due to the pure pay2win aspect of PvP.
    But what do I know, I spend my time and money on better things than obsessing over a toon.

5. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Not impressive :) It is your right not to upgrade. But your sword has nothing to do with what we are talking about here. You are not affected by the bug, you do not upgrade and so you want others not to? Buggy swords are few times more expensive to upgrade than yours.

And finally, 2handed swords have nothing to do with P2W. As I said, you are not there yet, and seems like you are not going to be there by desicion. Why are you on this topic which has nothing to do with you?

6. multitoonz

It's simple. If you want God Mode weapons and a God Mode shield then you should have to pay God Mode prices to get them. Glyph upgrading costs are far too high for "normal" gear too btw, so you're not the only player affected by upgrade costs. Every player is. Regardless of what level they are.
    You just want God Mode free is all. And for DSO to open that can of worms will definitely bring an end to the game.
    Maybe, just maybe it's not a bug. Since it ONLY affects "super" weapons and shields. But since you can farm 1 mil glyphs a day, you can have your 150 mil glyphed weapon or shield in 5 months so you still have that to look forward to. Happy farming! :D

7. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Dude, what's wrong with you? People here are discussing bug, which is confirmed by mods and the Development team. Go offtop somewhere else. gl

-DeathsRevenge- likes this.
  8. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

I am glad this is getting looked into. Noticed something else with the all % items I have seen. The base damage or armor is sub par. The first upgrade does bring it up to date with the other items. If this was said already...
    ops I did it again

I repeated something I did not find in the rather long posts...

9. sirsquishy

sirsquishy Junior Expert

Here's another example and it's not like this is anything special, but at 3 million gops for 1 level it should be.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.