Very strong lags, impossible to play

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by ftaz, Jul 13, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Tags:
?

Are you experiencing lag issues?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ftaz

ftaz Forum Greenhorn

I stopped playing Drakensang some time ago because it wasn't pleasant at all, I had arround 20-30 FPS and thought the game was poorly optimised and that my computer was not enough to run it.

Just got a new computer with an RTX 3080 and an i9 24 cores, and absolutely nothing changed, I have the same framerate. Are you guys running the game smoothly? I'm thinking it might be due to the technology the game is written in rather than any real hardware issue.

2. ПолнаяЛуна

ПолнаяЛуна Forum Commissioner

1660 super and 12100f ssd 256 gb. Everything works fine. There is rarely a "rubber band effect" when it throws you back to where you were a couple of seconds ago.

3. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

I think we'd all like to know more about this issue. At work I do have a monstre-performing system that struggles just to apply the textures over the naked 3D models, after entering Kingshill in crowded moments I see the map slowly fill itself with all the required things, like it would do composing a puzzle. It is like if temp folder is empty (while i am keeping data files for over 2 Gb in total) since the game doesn't read this kind of "cache" at all, it always have to reload all the stuff at every new day, again and again. Even in combat maps I see the difference when I enter blood mode first time, cause it takes a few freezing seconds while loading sludges and addiitional mobs stuff. In latest days the terrain textures are a true nightmare and I often see my char walking over a non-existing floor.

Well, trust me or not, at home on my ancient HP laptop with Intel Hd graphics born under DirectX 9 performs everything way way better (same temp folder and same data files, they are in-sync). Not fast as a lightning for sure, especially during maps loading, but anyway much more prompt and responsive than my graphic workstation at work. Even my home net connection is lower for performance, lol.

4. gintarszb

gintarszb Junior Expert

I have 60-140+ FPS in game, DSO video settings: SSAO and Shadow quality both options are off.

My Pc specs : CPU i3 4th gen., Nvidia Gtx 750ti 2Gb , monitor FHD 165hz ,SSD.

Shadow quality "High" setting - that biggest fps killer in the game.
    In Kingshill ,when SSAO on and Shadow quality is High , i have only 30-40 fps.:eek:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
  5. bobo

bobo Forum Greenhorn

Every time a version is updated and downloaded from the client and in the game, there is a significant delay, which has been the case for many years.