Weaker modes should make you stronger for higher modes

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by mystic_archer29, Sep 16, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. mystic_archer29

mystic_archer29 Forum Apprentice

But this is not the case. To get stronger for blood you should be able to farm merci. But you need to farm blood to get stronger for blood, which goes against the original spirit of the game.

I can't farm painful then go excru then go fatal, because to get stronger i need fatal items, not items that drop on painful. Good game design, next time spend a bit more money on someone with an actual brain.

No regards as usual,

Elve.

Xequarth likes this.
  2. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

You can get stronger, but it's slow going. When I started playing again I couldn't really do painful yet. I'm doing some Merciless & PW Merciless now, but I still need to be stronger for some areas. Bosses are a different story though, lol.

I've been farming Desert a lot on Infernal/Merciless for gems/runes, better enchants & wisdom. I found farming wisdom seems to have better results by farming lower difficulties that you can kill very fast. Most of the gems suck, but you can drop runes to.

I play solo 100%, for now at least, so just keep at it.

I'd suggest:
    1. Work on gems/runes since majority of your stats will come from those it seems.
    2. Work on Wisdom. I maxxed Crit & Attack speed first once I found out Crit was better than Damage after that update.
    3. Just watch for better pieces & enchants. I don't really bother investing many glyphs unless it's lvl 135 or higher since I know I'll replace it.

I'm holding out hope that Bloodlust & Bosses will be farmable solo since that's how I enjoy playing. I still have a lot to learn about the best gear to use though, but I'm getting there! Good luck!