Announcement Weapon Effects Testserver Event

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Sunlight, Feb 2, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Ping was up by ~10ms but that just may be from the TS being heavily populated (I too had a 10 minute queue before my login went thru.) Managed to join a group of three with all using weapon effects. No lag noticed when playing. Still, as @Trakilaki suggested, having an option for all effects OFF would probably be a good idea.

As for my impression of the whole concept it reminds me of someone I once dated. Nice to look at but otherwise utterly useless. I am really pleased though that the devs are so far along with balancing issues that they have time to devote to this fluff.

Also I am with @sebastian_fl regarding replacing the daily rewards with the Creatress Tears. In particular for my alts that do not have max wisdom since these take over the #6 reward where AW used to be.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Shansurri, bLaind and trakilaki like this.
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Nope it is not #6 ... it is shifting places.

[​IMG]

I don't need useless Tears I need clovers ... even a leg item would do much better.
    You can get those tears in almost all boss dungeons (PW and Scaling maps) including events. Regardless of difficulty the drop is always x1. I don't need x3 tears from DQ ... i don't need them at all.

semen470, bLaind and MikeyMetro like this.
  3. MikeyMetro

Oh wow, I have not seen 'em in the #9 spot yet. Yeah that spot is totally unacceptable. Actually they should just pull from the dailys altogether. Anything in any spot, even an exo box, is better.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Shansurri likes this.
  4. BIELSON-JEBÓD

BIELSON-JEBÓD Forum Apprentice

It’s not a bad idea but I think it need some reworking, first of all why Are these special affect are not giving us any special bonuses like let’s sey an extra slot for stone, rune, hp bonus, block strength bonus, any kind of extra bonus would be appreciated if I need to put some work in to getting these new cores I expect my stats to be improved this is one of the ideas.
    The second is that there is no need for the new cores in the game, you could of use the Tier system to improve the look of the weapon,let’s say that the q7 tier1 weapon would look really basic on that tier and if I would decide to updated that same weapon to the next lvl (lvl2) I would add some detail/effect to that weapon it would not just improve the stats of the weapon it would also improve to look of it, and I do think it’s a pretty cool feature.
    And for all the people that are saying that this update it’s not important and they could of work of balancing the chars, it does take same time to collect all the information and date about us players so in the meantime they are upgrading the looks of the game.

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

These aren't cores since they aren't used for crafting. They have more in common with refiners.

This is purely cosmetic in nature, something shiny to distract us while we wait for the stuff that we actually care for. I'd be perfectly neutral towards this, if they hadn't added them to the 9/9 daily quest. I don't want them edging out my already annoyingly rare clovers, and I certainly won't PvP for them.

Demon, MikeyMetro and bLaind like this.
  6. User330K

User330K Junior Expert

Its just an another addition to the game to fit in more into the korean game styles, where this glowing stuff is a standard stuff from the beginnings. Here its not a general stuff, so you can spend anders or time from your dailies to obtain some to pretend being cool... I guess its dropped by the bosses only in the paralells. So I wonder if its an additional fixed drop, or it just pushes out something from the current loot amount??..

It has no point in general, it doesnt make the game any better. It will just kill the players game experience who has a lower build pc which were already laggy cause of the textures and effects. Now they will struggle in towns too...
    I saw an option to manage the effects too, but whats the reason to make the effects if we just disable them? Kind of nonsense....

It will kill the Daily quests actually, no reason to do anything for these orbs.... swapping/adding on top of the rare clovers and even the infernal fragments is way too big loss

7. DonHavocc

DonHavocc Forum Apprentice

After some test i think this is nice effect. Expect few 1h weapons on mage where ist almost invisible
    I agree its not good idea put tears to daily quest reward 9th sloot. There is more important things what shuld be there.
    Tears drop good from bosses and this shuld be one place to farm it.

Its nice patch meybe not ASAP change (coz we need balance/performance changes) for example maps/items data holded in gamefolder for faster load maps/items textures w/o freeze. Possiblity to change instalation patch in instaler.

Ok back to theread.
    I think is good patch, performance (in test server) not drop much , in setings (Effects on all ) 1920x1080p full graphic details. I check with fps counter and its 3-7fps difference betwen normal ;p

For future. Will be nice see same effects on armor :) like Dragan Armor with blue smoke (like costiume from Karabossa event)

8. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

So I've went on TS and did that to all the weapons they gave me... Okay looks nice, switched weapons, did some pirouettes, 2 screen freezes while doing nothing in Cardhun, went to try them in action and my artsy eyes detected that they need more polishing, I mean you should see the Leviathan for SMs... It's a huge effect and looks like... pooh when you use it... it was starting to become annoying, but no off button.
    Adding them on the clover spot... Hell NO! Plus, you need hundreds of those to activate the effect on some weapons. Crazy! Hope this never makes it to live servers.

9. DonHavocc

DonHavocc Forum Apprentice

For now even with my bad drop luck it drop it drop every 2-3runs on balor

10. MikeyMetro

I discovered something mildly interesting. The weapon effect is considered part of the enchantments for crafting purposes. One of the test weapons I got, T0 Q2 axe, had better enchanments than a T1 I had in storage. The T1 has near perfect base values. Just for grins I decided to soul the enchantments onto the T1. Lo and behold the weapon effect move to T1.

Like I said just mildy interesting, gee-wiz, info. But I guess for somebody that feels the weapons effects are way cool it'll be nice to know that they only have to put the effect on once.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    TS

11. krawler2018

krawler2018 Junior Expert

i wish they had one for dragan weapon because thats the weapon i wanted lol some black and blue flame effects or depending on what stones u used on weapon

12. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

Shiny silly concept for kids.
    If they wanted to do something i have an idea for your developers:
    How about using elemental cores to get that rafiners for weapons?
    Example:
    With 500 green venom cores can be rafined in one green gem of poison (like those from dragan they also can be used on the same purpose as it is the only event that drop them) that can be used to get a poison effect on weapon.
    What it doses that poison effect on weapon?
    You have aesthetic shiny stuff and...
    you have 1% chance to inflict venom on enemy.
    What it does venom on enemy?
    First it has a weakness afix like a mind poison that has a speed reduction for 3-5 seconds and resistance on poison reduced by 10% percent
    Second effect is a 2-3 damage tiks that can accumulate no more than 100% base damage as a poison damage.

I think this is the appropriate approach to this changes not only that visual aspect.
    It also help some of us to spend that elemental cores.
    E can have something different for every type of core:
    Blazing cores -
    1 effect burning - weakness afix like a burning skin that has a movement reduction for 3-5 seconds and resistance on fire reduced by 10%
    2 effect is a 2-3 damage tiks that can accumulate no more than 100% base damage as a fire damage damage.
    Dark Cores
    1 effect soul eater - weakness afix like a soul bleeding that will stop regeneration from all sources for 3-5 seconds and resistance on andermagic reduced by 10% .
    2 effect is a 2-3 damage tiks that can accumulate no more than 100% base damage as a physical damage
    Shock Cores
    1 effect lightning - weakness afix movement speed reduced for 3-5 seconds and resistance on lighting reduced by 10% .
    2 effect is a 2-3 damage tiks that can accumulate no more than 100% base damage as a lightning damage
    Frost Cores
    1 effect ice - weakness afix enemy freeze for 3-5 seconds and resistance on ice reduced by 10% .
    2 effect is a 2-3 damage tiks that can accumulate no more than 100% base damage as a ice damage
    Draken Cores
    1 effect holy - bonus afix when weapon proc you get holy aura that grow your debuf for 3-5 seconds with 5-10% .
    2 effect is a 2-3 damage tiks that can accumulate no more than 100% base damage as a holy damage
    Solid Cores
    1 effect brute force - bonus afix when weapon proc you get body strength that grow your resist and armor for 3-5 seconds with 1-2%.
    2 effect is a 2-3 damage tiks that can accumulate no more than 100% base damage as a physical damage

Also each weapon can permit only enchantments from the type of cores needed for crafting.So q7 wil enchant with Blaze stone

Maybe i don't have the best idea and maybe the affixes can be lowered so that they should not have so big impact on game but definitely should be done something much better not only a visual aspect like on TS.

Kurfo likes this.
  13. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

To me it seems like a too much publicized feature for what it is. It just adds a new item (that will take another space in the bag) and a few graphic effects... not really a big deal, nor a usefull improvement to the game.
    Anyway, I didn't notice too much lag.

14. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

It's just got a lot of attention because they gave out free items and levelling, yet they so naively believe it means they did such a good job, and thus so very wrongly mentioned this as a long-requested feature... it's nice, looks cool... but sparks barely any excitement, if not the opposite in players right now, and part of it owing to the crappy delivery. Can't wait to see the next thing they splurt out and call a "release"...

semen470 and Eridiani like this.
  15. semen470

semen470 Padavan

It's simply not needed !

16. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Greetings Heroes,

Following message from the Dev Team is in regards to your negative feedback about Equipment Effects:​

" Of course the Designers are still working on one of the most important aspect of the game CLASS/SKILL REBALANCING but why should other departments like e.g. the Art Department idle around during this timeframe? Why not working on a long-wished for community feature like the Equipment Effect (yes, it is some time ago now but it was on YOUR wishlist)? Same with Bot-tracking, our tech department never stopped working on it and there will be something happening very, very soon. And PvP? Of course we all are aware that it needs lots of bug fixes, changes, improvements etc. But we decided to tackle this topic AFTER the class rebalancing happened because…you know….it just makes sense! "

Cheers,
    DSO EN Moderation Team

17. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

That part right there is one of the only reasons I'm neutral on the implementation of the feature. That said, the part that annoys me is that it is in the daily quest bonuses and can show up in the place of a clover. Unless they left the clover % chance the same and just lowered the chance of a legendary/fragments of infernal passage... that would be OK, but not in keeping with the BigPoint we've all come to know and dread. If you doubt it, just look at the patch notes. They decided, after over a month, that the drop rate of the Keens/Roshans/Sparks/Yachacks sets and the Golden Dragon set were too high and adjusted it down.
    Not MY wish list. I prefer function over aesthetics. Yes, it is good that the game looks nice, but this feature is entirely cosmetic and frivolous.

Shansurri and semen470 like this.
  18. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Devs: Here's this awesome new feature you've all been asking for!

Players: The heck? 99% of us didn't! Would be nice if it weren't buggy and problematic!

Devs: Uhm, no. You asked for it and uh... blame the art department, yeah. Known isues, working on it, blah-blah.

Actually, yes, would much rather like the art team to get some paid vacation than have them put effort into something that receives such silly implementation, while important, priority stuff would be addressed until more cosmetic stuff could follow.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    MikeyMetro likes this.
  19. DJBarman

DJBarman Active Author

Yep you are right we wanted the equipment effect i remember this as our wish but you forgot about one MASSIVE diffrance between our request and what you gave. What community wanted was a Weapon effect f.e Herold burning thunder burning like you implemented but also a special effect going with it f.e 5% dmg as fire / 5% from poioson/ ice ( diffrent for every weapon ) etc etc. What you gave and the argumentation behind it is like saying ppl wanted new PW and youve implemented it with no final boss/ no new set and it wont be enabled in rankings :D or ppl asked for bot solution youve implemented it but it doesnt work.

20. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

If they want art department to do something then they shood rework all bad items like lv45 shield and sword, lv 50 axe and so on, also we can use a long forgoten guild house for the new guild warr , so many games come with build in feature like astouning character customisation and a home place that you can adjust as you wish.
    A small feature like this with such a bad implementation cant have succes.Also we need augment core to drop not a new useless core. Also they hurry to implement this instead of keeping that on ts and wait for fewdback to take a final decision

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.