What the Game has Become?!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by raider, Aug 22, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. raider

raider Forum Pro

That's conflicting with the game design and people who keeps saying "get to max level to reach max potential of your specific Class"

Unless you are doing nothing, you will gain levels fast enough anyhow. Don't even need to use a Xp book or Premium. I didn't.
    Wow I have choices. Thanks, I guess.

Who cares if I do have 10k raw Damage when my (damage) skills are weaker and require me to be beside the monster/boss & my attack speed is slower (assuming 2H, as other won't do for Pure Damage)
    Ahh good for 'em, I guess?

Just to clarify though..
    "Tanks" as in Level 55 1H full-Hp DKs? And with which quality gear/runes/wisdom etc?

Say what you will, Class roles are screwed with absurd (Ranged) DPS values..
    Let me guess.. With Level 55 character and OP gear filled with OP gems, runes and sht?!

Because that's what it takes to do those highest difficulties. Lower difficulties don't yield so much rewards.
    Hehehe. Typical.
    Right...
    Wth does that have anything to do with screwing up a Class that is already screwed up by the Devs themselves?!
    Slightly?! Also what happened to slower part?

Most of the time the I don't even get to hit the monster/Boss thanks to Damages of other classes.
    Good for you mate but that statement doesn't really mean much.
    It doesn't?! As the slowest Solo-Class even with 2H?!
    Only the Damage-Per-Second matters.. Hit and Run with a Ranged class
    Too many things.. They've introduced waaay too many things that are effecting the combat and what's worse is a lot of them can be upgraded..

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  2. Inu

Inu Junior Expert

Yes what you writed show y have no clue about game how is it now... is just so funny
    Ofc they have more than you on 45lv. +tank is in group mainly for taunt skill xD
    Again you show you have NO CLUE how this game work almost all events are now best to do on low mode so everyone can do it
    DTU event even some 90k dmg players runnin on excruciating mode becouse is faster and they spend less resources...
    And in this event easy to obtain 2weeks deluxe for free on low difficulty with low 55lv character no problem...
    2weeks x4 yo 8weeks free deluxe if you want spend more time in game if no take 2weeks and is done)...
    Idk like in +10cases you show you have no clue and know nothin so keep dreamin and cryin)) and yes dks need buff xD

3. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

You can be tanky up to inf 3, that's where it matters.

Difficulties higher than that are worthless, especially inf 5, inf 6 and inf 7.

4. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

I understand you very well without fear the Dk class is the worst from every point of view in the pve, for skills, negative effects, items.

In 3 years of bad development but above all the last year they managed to empty the class of any role, I also speak of group skills replaced by a jewel in particular!

No clearing or re-balancing of the class.

Contrary to what one thinks the 3 dps classes are fairly balanced, the dwarf does more damage but cannot compete with the high damage of the rangers on the map and its negative effects in many maps including bosses. The magician has partially replaced the tanks 1h much more than you think, the rest do the other two classes that did not need them, since they went even before to do the bosses alone.

There is a big mess right now for Dk, like game balance: damage, defense, items and abilities.

It is true that the game stops at inf3-4 beyond it is not convenient to go after you have the t10s, but if you are at an advantage in the maps where you need more damage, the lower ones translate into less time and no resources!

I haven't played pvp in a long time, so I put it aside, it's ruined.

Let's say with this class you have little expectation that anything will change after 3 years of crap, maybe we talk about it with the new expansion, but what credibility do these developers have after so long?

DBS-Flamelurker and raider like this.
  5. raider

raider Forum Pro

With too many things in play I don't think that anything can be considered as "fairly balanced" but I do believe that 3 Ranged classes are decent enough on their own for the most part.

It's mad that how all these wisdom, upgrades, gems, runes, jewels etc etc that can turn almost everyone into "jack-of-all-trades"
    No wonder DKs lost their role.
    Well, not much I guess but apparently they are planning to do some changes on a small scale(?) ..
    https://www.twitch.tv/drakensang/clip/NastyRealHeronRlyTho?filter=clips&range=30d&sort=time

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    kuwabaraz and DBS-Flamelurker like this.
  6. raider

raider Forum Pro

So, uh, 2nd (and later) characters of an account don't get a "Free" appearance/nick change?
    Man this is sooo lame. At least offer me an Andermant option..

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  7. Dragenstein

Dragenstein Padavan

I'm sick of: 1. Events where you have to farm just to enter. 2. Using the same equipment for the last two years because it's too hard to get anything else. 3. Finding groups to play with - most of them refuse requests from my mage. 4. Crafting being a big pain. 5. No new events. 6. farming farming farming farming...............
    If the expansion doesn't fix all this and all the other things people complain about in the forum, (you know these things won't be fixed, I suffered through the previous two expansions) I'm removing this game from my computer.

1vanka, ΣMiwel, _mrak11_ and 2 others like this.
  8. raider

raider Forum Pro

^ Ikr. It's just insane.

Btw whose genius idea was to invent a Poison that takes away your %20 of Max Hp every second? :rolleyes:
    Another penalty for High Hp players/1H Tanks, or DKs?! As if there aint enough penalty?!

I mean.. Monster hits me with 400-500 at max, when I'm not using a Shield but Poison takes away 4k something Hp every second :D
    Even Bosses don't hit that much that often :D

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  9. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

My first response is "20% of your HP? You can't die from it cause you can't remove the last 2 HP."

However, if it's "20% of your max HP" that, I agree, would be way, way too much.

Either way, "10% of current HP" would be much more reasonable. Give the toon a chance to get out of the poison when in a mob.

10. Inu

Inu Junior Expert

Hm... try to use resist runes then it will be less than 20% and for dk is good you have constant rage from poison puddle(try q9 boss) but these things you maybe find solo when you reach atleast 55lv and dont forget game is designed to be played on 55lv and gettin stronger and ofc use pots :rolleyes::rolleyes:

11. raider

raider Forum Pro

Must be %20 of max Hp to deal that much Damage. Since I don't yet have over 20k Hp.

To be specific, mummies of Lor'Tac causes that specific Poison and you can't possibly get rid of it with DK skills (idk other classes)

Combined with the torturing quests of that specific Contient.. becomes a cancer part of the game.
    Honestly I was curious if Resist effects that.. But well, I don't have more than few runes just yet.
    And guess what, it will be designed to be played on lvl 60 now.

Although it doesn't mean that it will be "balanced"

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  12. Nostalgiac

Nostalgiac Advanced

I agree there's no feeling of accomplishment with leveling-up. Ideally, level-up process would be slower, with new locations unlocked more gradually, and with more content available for lower levels, including items/materials in qualities/quantities useful at later levels.

Perhaps the game used to be this way when the max level was lower, and max stats much lower than today.

I believe the main problem with this game is power scaling. Exponential power scaling in a game where new content is introduced regularly (MMOs), with "endless" servers (no restarts/seasons) gets out of hand eventually, as Drakensang in its current state shows. I mean, 28 000 % modifiers on I7?? I remember when the max was around 2 000% on I3 a few years back when I first tried the game.

Now the devs are cornered as there is no way to fix the scaling without changing stats of basically everything. So, they keep adding content that power-creeps the game even worse (otherwise nobody will touch it), and once the top players have everything on max again, they need to add more difficulties, perhaps infernals up to 10 with 100 000%+ modifiers etc.

The only way to avoid powercreep is to make the powerscaling as linear as possible (this includes diminishing returns), and motivate the players by fun and diverse experiences rather than endless increase in stats.

DK balance is a topic on its own, I basically accepted we DKs are playing the game at a harder difficulty. They should add disclaimers on character creation screen: SM - easy mode, you kill everything quickly. DK - HARD mode, low damage, dying is your second nature...

kuwabaraz, gbit and raider like this.
  13. raider

raider Forum Pro

Power-creep is the bane of MMOs..

And it's insane how power-jump of this game is. It's beyond exponential :D

For example.. I've absolute no chance to catch-up with anyone.. No wonder PvP is f'ed.

14. Dragenstein

Dragenstein Padavan

PVP was bad 7 years ago when I started this game and it's still bad. They pay lip service to scaling the matches, but all my chars end up in matches with top-tier PVPers. All I can do is make a few shots and wait to be one-shotted. My DK is fairly highly rated, but the other classes just run away from him and he never gets a shot in. I have chars in all classes, and they can't take a hit in PVP.

I gave up on my DK after the last expansion. No one wants him in their group and he can't do much damage solo. My best character is a mage. I've been playing him as my main char for 5 years and he is weak compared to the other players that I see. As far as I can tell, people must be spending a LOT of money to make their characters strong.

Nostalgiac and raider like this.
  15. Nostalgiac

Nostalgiac Advanced

When I first tried the game a few years back, PVP was already unplayable. As a DK, I just couldn't hit anyone... I thought that was wildly unbalanced, and that was BEFORE all the latest DK nerfs. Then they screwed even PvE for DKs, so I quit the game for a long time. It still is kinda screwed, but now I accept it (I like playing as an underdog, it is no fun with OP characters)

Maybe the game is more balanced on the top where everyone has 90%+ max stats, perhaps there DKs are actually strong (I somehow doubt it), but how many % of players have that? Shouldn't the game be balanced and fun at various levels, so that every class can progress more or less equally?

Let's see what the content expansion brings, there should be new skill(s) for DKs, although I wouldn't expect much.

1vanka and raider like this.
  16. raider

raider Forum Pro

Well sadly it's not a secret that some people spending thousands at one go, especially in browser games where paying gives huge advantages..

Otherwise such games wouldn't survive this long with all the imbalance and stuff..
    Nop, Ranged classes will always have the upper hand.

I mean, until a DK gathers all the enemies around him to kill all with swings, others will 1-hit-kill all from afar very fast with higher Damage (And they shoot way too fast)
    Yes!
    That's exactly what I am after. But it's nowhere to be found..

17. dixenix

dixenix Forum Greenhorn

For variability, you've got Dragon Hide, and that i believe there's a talent you'll select on Jump to extend defenses too... so you do not jump to your death.

[links removed]

Last edited by moderator: Sep 10, 2020
  18. Nostalgiac

Nostalgiac Advanced

Unfortunately the damage-simulator style of play is hurting DKs the most, as they are the only class that can't really do damage without receiving some in return. If the matches are all about one-shotting, then good luck...

TBH, I haven't seen many games where ranged attacks are actually stronger than melee. That's because, from a theoretical perspective, range advantage is incredibly huge - assuming perfect play, you can deal infinite DMG over time while receiving zero in return. I don't think the balance of the game takes this fact into account.

raider likes this.
  19. raider

raider Forum Pro

Yea I mean normally "Rock-Paper-Scissors" approach is used in MMOs.

Say, Knights/Warriors have High Hp & Armor, strong against Physical attacks (be it Ranged or Melee) and weak against Magical ones but still have the highest/longest survival which make them best candidates to be Tanks.

Things be the exact opposite for Mages, and the Rangers (Archers etc) would be somewhere in-between and occasionally could "Tank" too.

So you would need all Classes to be ready for anything.

But in this game.. All is messed up.. Roles are lost.. And it all comes down to DPS & the ability to Hit & Run.
    Guess how that ends up for DKs.

Meanwhile I noticed Wisdom trees are generic/same for all Classes.. That's also lame..

20. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

That is a theoretical that would only apply to a bot. There are so many ranged attack monsters in this game that it is not humanly possible to never take damage.

If it was humanly possible, then you'd see mages and rangers doing Inf VII with less than 50k health and never having a black knight or any other <33% health unique "buff" coming out and helping, and also never needing second-chance wisdom skill.
    .. even as little as 1 hp and never dying. ;)