What the Game has Become?!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by raider, Aug 22, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. DBS-Flamelurker

DBS-Flamelurker Exceptional Talent

The problem is not only the changes, but also DK. The other classes have range advantage, DK healing.

The difference is that DK needs high defense to work, so a 1H setting will be more functional for DK. The problems, now, are basically 2:

1: Setting 1H allows, at most, half damage compared to 2H.
    2: DK has half dps of other classes (with the same equipment).

This means that if DK chooses to go 1H with shield, he gets 1/4 dps over other 2H classes, which makes his damage too low.
    If DK chooses 2H, he still has half the damage of other classes but does not have sufficient defense and therefore does not heal.

In one option you are losing too much damage, in the other you are unable to survive. That's why DK must have similar dps to other classes, or rather every class should have similar dps.

These changes will balance DK:

The "slowdown" can remain but it should work as a boss stun (immunity after a certain time), now it's too strong.
    Potions should get a cd of 10 again, only Dk should have access to solid healing. Other classes have range, right?

1H should get half the damage of 2H, not like now which is easily 1/3.

Shields should be changed, reduce 20% even without blocking. Greater consistency and usefulness, at high difficulty not blocking means dying now, so shields become useless.

Quivers are too weak, they should improve damage and defense (without giving blocking ability).

And the DK will be balanced as to stay alive on high difficulty it will need a shield, but at the same time it will inflict half dps compared to other classes (which is the current damage at 2H setting). So it will get real and better survivability without losing all the damage.
    Regarding the fear for pvp the solution is simple: give a cd of 30 to the scream (pvp only), put back the original anger cost. DK will deal more damage, but will have lower healing capacity.
    If the Dk remains at a statistical disadvantage, he will never be able to compete with the other classes on pve. Clear and simple. The same reason why SM is the best class for pve (x3 dmg).

DK shouldn't be forced to lose all damage to tank, but the game should force him to shield and lose half damage (now he deals half damage set to 2H, ridiculous). Now it's useless, because 1/4 of the damage is too big a difference that forces him to use 2H. :)

kuwabaraz and raider like this.
  2. raider

raider Forum Pro

I think, most of the Bosses & Mobs have higher Armor than Resist too, which lowers our Damage even further, no?

Apart from that, they do have a lot of Magic attacks to kill us somehow..

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

What are those "other 2H classes? :rolleyes:
    I am playing a 1H class and I am not playing a DK :p

You can all write essays forever but the things are simple ... all classes , except midget, are not the issue ... the issue is the broken concept of one setup for all classes which is not working and has never been working. One set with same bonuses and stats for all classes is just stupid ... that is why classes will never be equal because not every class make use of a particular set/item in same way as the others.
    That was the reason why all items were having different stats for different class in the past.

On top of it ... lets not forget they forced everyone into 2H build ... and on top of even that they forced one exact setup for all.

So how would they correct this? (other than persuading players how great the concept and the game are)
    Q7 set and will be made obsolete with the content expansion.
    I don't know what the expansion is bringing and I don't give a flying duck about it ... but that is the only way for them to correct their own mess.
    That would mean Q7 and BM users are playing their final days with their sets.

As to the topic "What the game has become?"
    The game has become a joke.
    Remaking skills and talents every 6 moths says it all - the clear vision for the future they have ... NOT.

DBS-Flamelurker, ΣMiwel and raider like this.
  4. raider

raider Forum Pro

Apparently, they didn't wanna bother with that anymore with the introduction of "Group Talents" and "Wisdom"

But the issue is they didn't do a goob job with those.. Wisdom tree is generic and exactly same for all Classes anyhow.
    Group Talents are.. well.. not enough on their own to make a difference..
    Yea, no.

trakilaki likes this.
  5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Exactly ... same talents and same set stats.
    In example ... a set that would work for the ranger would not work out for SW.
    On top of it ... Wisdom talents are not working same even for a same class with different setups. In example 1H ranger is nowhere close to the 2H hoax-bower.

DBS-Flamelurker, ΣMiwel and raider like this.
  6. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

There is no class "Tank". There is class "Death Knight", "Ranger", "Steam Mechanic", and "Spell Weaver". At the class selection screen of character creation there is no choice of "Tank". Doesn't exist.

You don't want "Tank", don't build "Tank". Build a "DK". There have been and still are many great "DK" to learn from. Granted, luck goes along with it, but it seems that "DK"s are among the luckiest toon out there. Learn from the lessons of _Baragain_, who had "DrHorrible", an awsome "DK". Other awesome and great "DK"s are Brainstormer and Ibbanshee and up and coming Nuchos (these are all on Agathon).

I've faced off with many many other mega "DK"s. You don't create a new toon and expect to mega way out there end of game I'm done status over night. It takes time. Same for every other kind of toon. The only real complaint that holds water is against the DEVs who keep moving the "End" away.... which by the way gives you more to work for and makes the game last longer.

By the way, I'm not agreeing with the extended grind fest. That is not "progress" in extending the game. Content Expansion, and new Events, that is "progress".

EDIT:
    This is to everyone, not just 'DBS...':
    Ummm... Hello??? Half the monsters are _ranged_ attackers. The "ranged" classes don't get to just sit out there and do massive damage while needing no defense. We have to constantly stop attacking and run around away from all the attacks. Except we don't much heal. And have lower HP to start with.

2ND EDIT:
    WAIT !!! Here is a brilliant idea that may fix it all:

• 1H: 5.0 Att/sec limit, 1/2 essence cost of current. - (1 essence per 2 attacks where currently it's only 1 essence, etc.)
    • 2H: 2.5 Att/sec limit, current essence cost.

-OR-
    • 1H: 10.0 Att/sec limit, 1/2 essence cost of current.
    • 2H: 5.0 Att/sec limit, current essence cost.

This simple change (requires both parts of "or" choice) will in itself make the 1H build viable again. In this way 1H damage/cost will be on par with 2H damage/cost.

If it weren't for "sequential posts", I'd have put this part by itself so everyone could fill it with likes that don't pertain to my first 2 parts of the post.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  7. raider

raider Forum Pro

Dragon Knight actually, although nowadays it feels like a Squishy Knight :p
    Honestly I do believe that this game has more than enough Content.

It's just PvP still suck b--s after all this years (thankfully Essences no longer work thou!) so people only interested in PvE, for the most part.
    What u mean you don't want Tank or Build a Tank?!

DK is a class, yes, which you can set-up in 2 ways: Tank and Damager. So you either build a Tank, or a Damager. Skills, Equipments etc "built" as a Tank or Damager.

It used to be a case for all Classes once upon a time but no longer.
    Even then, DKs had the highest Hp when the "%30 more" Hp mattered via invisible "Class bonus" so they used to be the Tanks for the most part.
    I've answered this before.. It is true and wrong at the same time.

Yes, you don't get to sit out.
    Sadly no one does. Even 1H DK Tanks.

BUT
    DKs needs to be right beside the Boss/Monster to hit, which will expose it to ALL the Attack types (Melee, Ranged, Meteor/Thunder whatever), while you as a Ranged Class player won't be.

Besides, you do have less cooldown (or is it none?) on your teleport/escape skills.

Even if we somehow dodge the attacks, we can't just continue hitting from afar.
    Need to get nearby once again which loses us time..

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  8. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Ya know, as a mage (SW), many of the monsters out there come at me in such numbers that I can't kill them all before they get to me and I find myself attacking at "point-blank-range" quite a lot. So... I'm not buying most of the DK whines. Sorry. Just not seeing much to any validity to the "but y'all get to stand back where its _always_ safe" arguments. I've died as much from afar as from "a toe-to-toe" close.

9. raider

raider Forum Pro

Maybe u didnt play a DK long enough :)

Did I say "always safe" ?
    I said "safer" and still able to attack from afar. I still need to get closer to Hit if I can manage to run somehow. (so no Hit & Run here)

Even more advantage against Bosses.

DBS-Flamelurker likes this.
  10. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

I agree!

Major changes were made to postpone the expansion on a broken game with worse results!

Believe me, if I could I would have played with the 1h dmg as at lv 45, but that's not possible with the current game!

11. Valhöll

Valhöll Someday Author

I think you only create feedback for spam. Do you realize that without strong bosses you don't need to create a group? Why do I need your platinum lines and other nonsense, I still play with things I created a few years ago. I don't record too many videos, but this will allow you to understand how easy it is to play now. I don't have gems in some things, I just don't care about it.

Start watching from the sixth minute

There are no platinum lines, and even the gems have disappeared, but do I have any problems? Why should I walk in a circle, for what? I do not like to play solo, I came to the MMO project.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  12. DBS-Flamelurker

The main problem, and I'll explain it for the last time, is that the ranged classes currently have not only more damage but also better survival than DK. Then Dk is not the only broken element of the game and the only problem.

A ranged class at Inf6 not only deals more damage than DK, but also has a better chance to evade damage and survive (thanks to range). Healing becomes useless when the game doesn't give you enough defense, thanks to potions all classes have access to healing.

The game is broken, man.

I agree. And "joke" is the right answer to the question, lol

It's easy when you can count on range and high dmg. With DK it's another story, impossible to kill so quickly and with so little risk.

13. raider

raider Forum Pro

Isn't that ironic :rolleyes:

Who said that I'm supporting Solo, where did I ever say that?! I hate how grouping is penalised and discouraged.

The issue lies within 3 Ranged classes not needing a Group for the most part.
    They can Solo, and fast at that, no problem.

And when in a group, DKs only slow them down thanks to imbalance.

You can of course continue to brag of your "accomplishments" with your ez mode Ranged toons but it doesn't change the truth.

14. Valhöll

Valhöll Someday Author

Dude, I was not bragging, I tried to show on these videos how you can use different mechanics. I know a lot of DKs that are not happy with the balance in PvE. Most of them are new to PvE. But I know DKs that are always needed everywhere, and their damage is very high. I agree that the game has become a grind for solo jerkers. But it's worth making the right accents, otherwise your ignorance is spraying discontent. In your case, everyone will lose, and no one will know how it really was. You write about PvP, that's where DK will be God. Maybe we should gather more people and find out who is cooler in the FPV? In a dead PvP. I see two problems on your side, and they are contradictory to each other. Personally, I see problems in all classes and I think it's right, it should be leveled off by a group game which is no longer there. Here is the problem.

15. DBS-Flamelurker

This means nothing. The strength of a class is measured in single play, group play is a joke and all you need is a SM for damage and cd reduction, and with the same statistics DK is incomparable to other classes. DK was weak in 214, in 220 even more. In fact, many strong DKs have changed classes.

DK is only better than Ranger in pvp, so God of what? SW has a lot of tools to destroy DK in pvp, lol

raider and 1vanka like this.
  16. KulawyMao

KulawyMao Exceptional Talent

are u playing pvp?
    dk is most op class on pvp now ^;-
    btw
    on pvp now 80% of ppl are useing autockliker xD

OrochimaruSama likes this.
  17. DBS-Flamelurker

The earth is flat.

raider likes this.
  18. raider

raider Forum Pro

Kulawy is a delusional person who doesn't have a clue of what he is talkin about for the most part.

Earth is flat indeed.

19. OrochimaruSama

OrochimaruSama Someday Author

I ask the same question as KulawyMao, do you play pvp? And I add, do you get balanced fights with the best players in your class?
    Warriors who dominate their class are quite OP in basically all pvp mods, group and solo . If you don't know that, its only cause you dont know how to play , look for videos of good warriors and learn from them.
    btw as KulawyMao said the pvp is dominated by autoclickers.

20. raider

raider Forum Pro

You mean..
    Very few players who still bother to play as DKs after all these nerfs because they've been playing for almost a decade?!

Even if what you are saying is true (it's not!) why they nerfed PvE of DKs to the ground as well?!